Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Flacco could have easily ran for the 1st down.
    Instead, prefers getting sacked.
    FG doesn't do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    While that sack was on Flacco..I don't think it would of been an easy run for a 1st down...frankly he should of just thrown it away.

This is a 5 win football team at best. Only teams I have us beating are:

Jax
    Colts
    Bills
    Lions
    Raiders

And frankly, we could lose any of those games.

Hamilton ****ing sucks. **** that guy. Killed us all night. Bench his ***...I don't even care.

Flacco sucks too. No urgency. No nothing.

I've gotta hope that Leary was bad because of rust and that he improves.

I was expecting more from Yiadom this year, but man he was a huge liability tonight.

Defense as a whole was not good tonight and damn we need some ILB's. Jewell is too slow for this level.

The person I'm most disappointed in isn't even a player though. I'm super peeved at Fangio. Players are learning a new system on both offense and defense and you give them essentially 3 weeks of no live football during the preseason. Then you give them 2 off days last week? Then you kick a FG with 8 minutes left that does us absolutely no good.... Cuts the lead from 15 to 12 but it's still a 2 score game. Dude needs to stop being so soft.

Bad night overall. Bad outlook for the season. All my hope is gone. Thought we were going to be better this year.

Well folks. There's those week 1 shenanigans. I figured if we did lose...we'd be turning the ball over left and right....but we didn't turn the ball over at all...we simply got manhandled on all sides of the ball. Which is even ****in worse.

That's a pure sign that the other squad simply wanted it more.

Make no mistake...that's a poor Raiders team. They'll show it soon enough but that squad was/is one of the more favorable matchups we have on our schedule.

We come out like that.....just a bad look on all accounts. Doesn't bode well for any future prognostications.

The obvious questions are still on full display.

ILB is a weakness....O-line is inconsistent, HC looked like a rookie, OC looked like a rookie..

An overall massive buzzkill to a team that simply wanted it more.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Well folks. There's those week 1 shenanigans. I figured if we did lose...we'd be turning the ball over left and right....but we didn't turn the ball over at all...we simply got manhandled on all sides of the ball. Which is even ****in worse.

That's a pure sign that the other squad simply wanted it more.

Make no mistake...that's a poor Raiders team. They'll show it soon enough but that squad was/is one of the more favorable matchups we have on our schedule.

We come out like that.....just a bad look on all accounts. Doesn't bode well for any future prognostications.

The obvious questions are still on full display.

ILB is a weakness....O-line is inconsistent, HC looked like a rookie, OC looked like a rookie..

An overall massive buzzkill to a team that simply wanted it more.
    Good summary BRAVE!
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Hamilton ****ing sucks. **** that guy. Killed us all night. Bench his ***...I don't even care.

Flacco sucks too. No urgency. No nothing.

I've gotta hope that Leary was bad because of rust and that he improves.

I was expecting more from Yiadom this year, but man he was a huge liability tonight.

Defense as a whole was not good tonight and damn we need some ILB's. Jewell is too slow for this level.

The person I'm most disappointed in isn't even a player though. I'm super peeved at Fangio. Players are learning a new system on both offense and defense and you give them essentially 3 weeks of no live football during the preseason. Then you give them 2 off days last week? Then you kick a FG with 8 minutes left that does us absolutely no good.... Cuts the lead from 15 to 12 but it's still a 2 score game. Dude needs to stop being so soft.

Bad night overall. Bad outlook for the season. All my hope is gone. Thought we were going to be better this year.
    Aside from being the head coach and the responsibility with that title..

Fangio really does need to fall on the sword here.

It wouldn't have surprised us if the offense struggled.

It wouldn't have surprised us if the special teams struggled.

It wouldn't have surprised us if the rookie OC was...well being a rookie OC.

It wouldn't even have surprised us if Fangio made rookie HC mistakes..

What was surprising and the most disheartening....was the ONLY thing we had confidence in..was that Fangio had a defense that could keep us competitive.

He was thoroughly outmatched by Gruden...and...that was ****in sad.

The thing about this off-zone stuff....it works....IF YOU HAVE PRESSURE ON THE QB. There was ZERO pressure on Carr the entire ****in game. Carr didn't even suffer a QB hit....I don't even think he was pressured even 3 times tonight?

If you want to take anything...the media over-hyped the **** out of our defense cause everyone was legit expecting a stout group out there.

The defense was so bad...you could actually make a case that the offense had the better game.

If we can't even fall back on the one thing that would keep us competitive....this is going to be a long long long season.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Over reaction Tuesday.

Oakland did the exact same thing as last year when they played us, neutralize the pass rush with quick hitter after quick hitter. Our secondary needed to play more aggressive in the first 5 yards, when that did happen they struggled. I couldnt believe how badly the run game struggled.

Its one game. You cant lose to inferior teams, but it happens every week across the league. I fully expect the team to get back on track next week.

that was so pathetic last night. I thought above all else our defense would be ok, but they didn't hit the quarterback once this game. yiadom literally couldn't couldn't cover a traffic cone last night and it took us two quarters to give him any help.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Over reaction Tuesday.

Oakland did the exact same thing as last year when they played us, neutralize the pass rush with quick hitter after quick hitter. Our secondary needed to play more aggressive in the first 5 yards, when that did happen they struggled. I couldnt believe how badly the run game struggled.

Its one game. You cant lose to inferior teams, but it happens every week across the league. I fully expect the team to get back on track next week.
    Good luck with that cause the Bears front is worlds superior than anything the Raiders have on defense. And now that our injury prone RT is.....injured..and could be serious.

We're looking at extended time with Wilkinson at RT....against Mack...woo boy.

The bottom line is that we know it's going to take time for things to come together....but we just don't have that time with how everything is lining up...so it's added pressure to "take care" of the weaker squads while we adjust to the more talented teams.

We look like that against the ****in Raiders...my goodness how is that going to bode against two actual good teams in the Bears and Pack?

Strength of schedule is always a fickle mistress...so a win against the Bears would probably cure all...but things aren't looking good.

So disgusted with that performance last night. Was so deja vu of last year's first game against the Raiders. Except we didn't almost make a comeback this time.

Listen, my expectations for the Broncos this year has been somewhat of a quagmire. I know they're not going to be great, but damn...we got out everythinged last night. That was definitely not within my expectations.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Good luck with that cause the Bears front is worlds superior than anything the Raiders have on defense. And now that our injury prone RT is.....injured..and could be serious.

We're looking at extended time with Wilkinson at RT....against Mack...woo boy.

The bottom line is that we know it's going to take time for things to come together....but we just don't have that time with how everything is lining up...so it's added pressure to "take care" of the weaker squads while we adjust to the more talented teams.

We look like that against the ****in Raiders...my goodness how is that going to bode against two actual good teams in the Bears and Pack?

Strength of schedule is always a fickle mistress...so a win against the Bears would probably cure all...but things aren't looking good.
    We're gonna get to see how well our new OC can gameplan agianst a pass rush this week. Fangio is going to be able to give us an advantage the Bears wont have when it comes to familiarity. He'll know exactly what to show Trubisky to make him struggle, and hopefully has a few pointers going up against that D. I expect it to be an ugly defensive battle and the difference is likely 1 or 2 plays on offense and on special teams. Fully expecting 9-10 sacks between both teams and 3-4 turnovers.

Ja'Wuan James out for a few weeks... No IR though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234