Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I wonder how this team stacks up against the Saints, Rams, Patriots, Chiefs...

The average pass was like 12.7 yards. Is that just because Kellem Moore is "moore" willing to air it out?

Zeke and Pollard had an identical number of carries, but Zeke averaged 4.1 yards per carry vs. Pollard 1.8 per carry.

It seems like Cobb averages more per reception than Beasely did.

I think we will need a longer time frame to tell how good the new offense is under Moore, but early returns are definitely encouraging. We will need to see a good defense to really gauge it. No doubt it will be better than last year's, though.

The Giants have a very suspect secondary, so we won't know until they play a team like the Bears or Patriots. But, I liked what I saw. I'd say it was probably one of Dak's best games. He read the linebackers and safeties really well and was decisive. I am guessing he did a lot of work studying film during the offseason. Plus, Moore played with Dak so he probably knows what Dak likes to do and caters to that. Moore had more motion and deception and he designed plays that seemed to get the receivers single covered...Dak rarely had to throw into double coverage. The passes were longer passes and not those short routes that really annoyed me the last few years. They didn't have to worry about red zone issues as much because they were making a lot of explosive plays, with big chunks of yards. I had been saying that I'd prefer the Cowboys have more of a deep threat passing attack to match the modern offenses as the top 4 teams in the playoffs have been the top 4 offenses. We would be one dimensional ball control and then come playoff time, when that's taken away and the Cowboys get behind, they have a hard time getting back into the game. But, as you see with the Chiefs, they are rarely ever out of a game, even if down by 2 or 3 scores. Mahomes can score 3 touchdowns within a span of 7 minutes. It helps that the Cowboys have speedier explosive receivers. I think Cobb is more explosive than Beasely and capable of plays with more yards...and he's certainly way better at the run after the catch. Gallup and Cooper seem fast and athletic. Both have had time to be more comfortable and have a better timing with their QB. Witten is quarterback friendly and Jarwin looks pretty athletic. That's a good group of receivers. I'll wait to see how Pollard, Zeke and Austin are integrated in the passing game.

The defense was mostly strong, except for being gashed for big yards for a couple of series. Maybe, that's partly Saquon, who is the most talented back in the league. That spin move he had was reminiscent of Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The Giants have a very suspect secondary, so we won't know until they play a team like the Bears or Patriots. But, I liked what I saw. I'd say it was probably one of Dak's best games. He read the linebackers and safeties really well and was decisive. I am guessing he did a lot of work studying film during the offseason. Plus, Moore played with Dak so he probably knows what Dak likes to do and caters to that. Moore had more motion and deception and he designed plays that seemed to get the receivers single covered...Dak rarely had to throw into double coverage. The passes were longer passes and not those short routes that really annoyed me the last few years. They didn't have to worry about red zone issues as much because they were making a lot of explosive plays, with big chunks of yards. I had been saying that I'd prefer the Cowboys have more of a deep threat passing attack to match the modern offenses as the top 4 teams in the playoffs have been the top 4 offenses. We would be one dimensional ball control and then come playoff time, when that's taken away and the Cowboys get behind, they have a hard time getting back into the game. But, as you see with the Chiefs, they are rarely ever out of a game, even if down by 2 or 3 scores. Mahomes can score 3 touchdowns within a span of 7 minutes. It helps that the Cowboys have speedier explosive receivers. I think Cobb is more explosive than Beasely and capable of plays with more yards...and he's certainly way better at the run after the catch. Gallup and Cooper seem fast and athletic. Both have had time to be more comfortable and have a better timing with their QB. Witten is quarterback friendly and Jarwin looks pretty athletic. That's a good group of receivers. I'll wait to see how Pollard, Zeke and Austin are integrated in the passing game.

The defense was mostly strong, except for being gashed for big yards for a couple of series. Maybe, that's partly Saquon, who is the most talented back in the league. That spin move he had was reminiscent of Barry.
    Yes the Giants have a suspect secondary but that is the point of Kellen Moore's modern offense. Linehan (and Garrett) would have insisted on imposing their will stubbornly running Zeke into the back of the offensive line. Moore is smart enough to attack the deep seams since it was consistently open. I think we will see Moore attacking the other teams weakness consistently instead of the Linehan stubborn "establish the run" mantra

The defense was actually a pretty big concern for me. I know it was Saquon who is probably the best back in the league right now aside from maybe Kamara. But this is exactly how they lost the game against the Rams. And they didnít really do much of anything to clean up that weakness in the off-season. So Iím a little concerned that they can get completely pushed aside from great offensive interiors/backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Overall, the Cowboys are good against the run, but there's always one or two games where they get gashed for big yards. Saquon had a pretty easy time of it. The Giants probably would have had more of a balanced attack if they still had Odell. Everyone knows they are going to run it. The Cowboys have a great linebacking corps. Yet, when they are gashed, its usually up the middle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234