Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brown or Gordon

Brown or Gordon

Which troubled Patriots receiver has a better shot at being on the roster still, come week 17?

I know that Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown have completely different reasons for being troubled but what are the odds they can both keep on the straight and narrow for this season? Or is it neither/both?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Gordon.
    Really? Hmm. I’d say brown because he’s got more guaranteed money in 2019 and he’s the better player right now. I think after this little **** show that he put on in Oakland, he will try to be on his “best behavior”. I think he was surprised to see that Oakland took away his guaranteed money. I think AB didn’t know that they can do that and he will try to put on an act so that he can get his money and “show the world that the problem was Oakland and not him”.

Your baby can't do this

Gordon, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Really? Hmm. I’d say brown because he’s got more guaranteed money in 2019 and he’s the better player right now. I think after this little **** show that he put on in Oakland, he will try to be on his “best behavior”. I think he was surprised to see that Oakland took away his guaranteed money. I think AB didn’t know that they can do that and he will try to put on an act so that he can get his money and “show the world that the problem was Oakland and not him”.
    I said that when Pittsburgh sent him to Oakland.

I do think it's very possible it could be neither, but that's the pessimistic side. I could also see a scenario where they're both there.

Just a lot of variables at play, with both players situations.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I said that when Pittsburgh sent him to Oakland.
    True. Can’t really know what’s gonna come next. Someone said it in the other thread but I just personally think this is what he wanted all along

Your baby can't do this

Brown.

I think he'll behave for the most part after the Oakland incident. Just a hunch.

Gordon staying clean would be quite a feat IMO.

Brown. He wanted NE. Pitt wouldn't trade him there so he forced his way there. I guarantee he will be fine now.

Gordon I'll be surprised if he lasts the entire season.

Gordon's issues has been something he hasn't seem to been able to control for a long time. He is literally battling internal demons. Brown can at the very least control his situation by being on good behavior for at least one season playing for one more big payday and this was probably all orchestrated by him anyways to get where he wanted. At this point people have probably given up on Gordon. He is completely unpredictable.

They both will be there because the NFL is obviously biased towards the Patriots.

Obviously very different circumstances. Brown has demonstrated the type of antics that BB won’t put up with. Gordon has issues getting suspended but by all accounts fits seamlessly into the locker room/program in NE. As a Pats fan hopefully they both last.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I'll take AB

Brown has control of the issues that raise the question- we don't know that Gordon does
    The organization can help keep Brown under control, but has less control of whether Gordon can
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Probably Brown... Unfortunately, Gordon's issue is a lot more serious (substance abuse/addiction) and It wouldn't surprise me if he has a relapse (of course, we're hoping he doesn't). Brown on the other hand is just a diva who won't shut his trap, so going to NE could pretty much do that cause it's pretty much last chance (if you can't make it on the Pats, then you're essentially done).
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast