Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Michael Pineda (SP for the Twins) Suspended 60 Games for PED Usage

Minnesota Twins right-hander Michael Pineda has been suspended 60 games without pay after testing positive for Hydrochlorothiazid, in violation of MLB's joint drug prevention and treatment program.

Pineda originally was suspended for 80 games, but the ban was reduced to 60 on appeal, as a compelling case was made that the banned diuretic he used was not a masking agent for performance-enhancing drugs, a source told ESPN's Jeff Passan.

Pineda made 26 starts this season, going 11-5 with a 4.01 ERA.
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ame-suspension

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I'll NEVER understand treating a diuretic with the same severity as a PED....just because it 'could' be used as a masking agent doesn't mean it is...because it couldn't mask it that well...

And in this case, they admit it was NOT used as a masking agent.....and only reduce the suspension
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

They admitted that he had a compelling case, not that he for sure wasn't using it as a masking agent.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Not surprised. This is the same moron who had a massive glob of pinetar on his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Not surprised. This is the same moron who had a massive glob of pinetar on his neck.
    Was just about to come in and post that.