Los Angeles Dodgers @ New York Mets

Los Angeles Dodgers @ New York Mets

Friday, September 13th 4:10pm TV: SNLA
    Clayton KershawVS Noah Snydergaard

Saturday, September 14th 4:10pm TV: SNLA
    Hyun Gin Ryu VS Jacob DeGrom

Sunday, September 15th 4:00pm TV: ESPN
    Walker Buehler VS Zach Wheeler

Thread is up for this weekends series. Sorry its late.

This is the biggest series of the season for us. Mets playing excellent baseball, at home, in must win mode because they are fighting for their playoff lives. On our side, we have the Braves on our heels (and playing great) and two very difficult series in the mets and then rays and so we can't afford to not play well. So far so good.

Since Ryu is pretty much a goner after the season, what do people think about the idea of Strasburg joining the rotation if he were to opt-out? Strasburg has had a solid career and has also been hurt a lot. So I could see Friedman's intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Since Ryu is pretty much a goner after the season, what do people think about the idea of Strasburg joining the rotation if he were to opt-out? Strasburg has had a solid career and has also been hurt a lot. So I could see Friedman's intrigue.
    That alone pretty much guarantees Friedman will sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Sad but true. He looks for injured players in hopes that they will be a “bargain signing”. Friedman would sign a pitcher that had both arms bitten off by a shark if it meant that he’d save a few bucks..

Your baby can't do this

Am I the only one that thinks Muncy coming back this early is freaking stupid? He even said he's not a 100%, it was a fractured wrist. I could understand tho Mad Max has his eyes on 40 and 100. Another two hits for Cody but he needs to go deep. Going the other way was a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Muncy coming back this early is freaking stupid? He even said he's not a 100%, it was a fractured wrist. I could understand tho Mad Max has his eyes on 40 and 100. Another two hits for Cody but he needs to go deep. Going the other way was a good start.
    Yeah I thought that was odd that he’s coming back so soon, I thought he’d be out longer. I guess that means that they are chasing the best record in baseball, otherwise it doesn’t make sense in my opinion.

Speaking of bellinger, that ground ball single in his last AB shows how fast he is. He wasn’t even hustling at first, but still beat the throw. That’s why I think he has 20-30 stolen base potential if Dave would actually run him more.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yeah I thought that was odd that he’s coming back so soon, I thought he’d be out longer. I guess that means that they are chasing the best record in baseball, otherwise it doesn’t make sense in my opinion.

Speaking of bellinger, that ground ball single in his last AB shows how fast he is. He wasn’t even hustling at first, but still beat the throw. That’s why I think he has 20-30 stolen base potential if Dave would actually run him more.
    From my understanding of it, although the injury was technically a fractured wrist, it was a very small/minor fracture. They initially said the timeline would be about 2 weeks or so. The fracture was so small that it wasn't caught by two tests (one of them being an x-ray) and so it's the sort of injury where if we he wasn't a pro and/or the team didn't want to take extra precautions and order an MRI (or if this was 20-30 years ago or so) he probably would've just sat out a few games and played through some pain and swelling. Ordinary people sustain these types of injuries without often really getting any treatment because the basic x-rays come back negative and so they believe the pain is just part of the soreness (i.e., their daily activities don't really change all that much as a result of the injury). That's all to say, there's likely a pretty low chance of the injury really being a risk at this point.

Nice to see ryu getting back on track.

We need to get to their bullpen.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    We need to get to their bullpen.
    We need to get to yours.

Meet Lugo.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast