Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mock Draft

Not sure if the draft is the right medium, but we absolutely need a bench guard who can create and get his own shot.

Read a mock draft that was part mock draft, part rumor mill. Sounds like folks around the league think the bucks are targeting a big with their pick. Not sure if that means we're shopping brook or if its just in addition to brook. Losing Williams and likely ersan does mean there are minutes to be had for another big, not that we'd expect a rookie picked in the 20s to account for big minutes in year 1.

I think we all mostly have written off DJ Wilson at this point, but if anyone hasn't, this probably should be the final nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Read a mock draft that was part mock draft, part rumor mill. Sounds like folks around the league think the bucks are targeting a big with their pick. Not sure if that means we're shopping brook or if its just in addition to brook. Losing Williams and likely ersan does mean there are minutes to be had for another big, not that we'd expect a rookie picked in the 20s to account for big minutes in year 1.

I think we all mostly have written off DJ Wilson at this point, but if anyone hasn't, this probably should be the final nail in the coffin.
    I have heard Bane from TCU a lot too who is a rotation wing from the get-go it sounds like but not much for ceiling. If it is me and GA not likely to sign an extension to be in MKE that far in the long-term, I would go for a guy like Jaden McDaniels as far as someone who could realistically be there. He is 6-10, can dribble and shoot it a bit. Was a top college recruit and has significant upside. I think the draft will tell a bit on GA and how Bucks feel. A Bane like guy would mean they feel confident in GA sticking around for a while with a rotational guy high floor guy...a McDaniels type a boom-bust pick could be telling imo. The Bucks best chance to add a guy to be a star is through the draft or trade...

It'll be a fascinating draft to say the least and it may indicate oud thinking. I really like the idea of Bane to be honest. He feels like he could step into the Wes Matthews role almost right away and could very easily be a Brogdon type. Thing is, if we take someone like Bane or another lower ceiling, safe, win-now pick, I think it means we don't have much lined up for trades. If we take a big time upside guy/BPA type of guy, it could be us grabbing as much potential as possible to use as trade bait.

I suggested Ban in the free agency thread as well other day. But two late. This pick probably headed to Pelicans after its selected for them. To be a loop hole in the Stepien rule. Since we owe the Cavs a first in 2022 top 10 protected. Actually never mind. Cavs got their pick from us. I forgot this is the Pacers pick. Unless we are giving this pick up yet? 2024 pick is free and clear to give up. So draft we must be coughing up a pick in 2026 or sooner by selecting a player then giving it up. But three first and two swaps seems a bit crazy. Not sure if that other site I linked early didn't factor in the Cavs get this years pick? Well Celtics now. So if that's cleaned up. I guess #24 this draft is picked by us for Pelicans then given to them. Besides 2022 and 2024. Besides options for Pelicans to swap 2021 and 2023. I forgot about us getting a Pacers first part of the Brogdon trade with Pacers. So Cavs/Celtics already get our late first this draft.

Idk what our actual financial situation is, but buying a 2nd this year might be a really good idea. Be interesting to see who's around and if we make a move for that.

Rumors we might of got our own #60 pick back with Cavs by giving up a future second.

Looks like we got #42 and #60 this draft.

Also looks like we still owe the Cavs a first in 2022 now turned it unprotected. So we gave Cavs two firsts for Hill trade back in the day? We made it unprotected now to get #60. Also offered up a future Pacers second in the S&T of Brogdon and we get #60. So Bucks got two second round picks this draft. Well cheap bench fillers or G league. Who like at #42 and #60?

I was reading yesterday someone was telling a nba insider type that the talent gap between picks 25-45 isn't all that big. So we moved down about 20 spots, but the talent level is probavly somewhat similar.

So it's really hard to tell exactly which players will be there. But I think the draft picks may give some insight to what we think we can do with our remaining money. If we take a guy like Winston from Michigan St or another higher floor, low ceiling guy, I think that indicates we'll be loading up on 1 or 2 benhx guys and the rest at the min. If we take upside, then we must think we'll be filling the benxh with vets and the upside guys are just bottom of the bench fodder.

Actually #42 and #60 are from the Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Actually #42 and #60 are from the Pelicans.
    Correct. The Cavs had to waive protections to make the deal work. It was highly likely the Cavs get the pick in 2022 no matter what, but there was a chance they wouldnt get it until 2024, which means would couldn't pick swap in 2024 with NO and couldnt give NO the 2025 pick. So we actually gave Cleveland a future 2nd (not sure when) to waive protections on the 2022 pick to allow everything to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I was reading yesterday someone was telling a nba insider type that the talent gap between picks 25-45 isn't all that big. So we moved down about 20 spots, but the talent level is probavly somewhat similar.

So it's really hard to tell exactly which players will be there. But I think the draft picks may give some insight to what we think we can do with our remaining money. If we take a guy like Winston from Michigan St or another higher floor, low ceiling guy, I think that indicates we'll be loading up on 1 or 2 benhx guys and the rest at the min. If we take upside, then we must think we'll be filling the benxh with vets and the upside guys are just bottom of the bench fodder.
    So here is the deal. After we draft 2 2nd rounders at $900 K each, we have $13.7 Mil for 6 players. If we sign 5 at minimum of $1.6, that would leave $5.7 Mil which is the tax payer MLE. So likely 2nd rounders are mostly end of the bench guys. It is possible a Malachi Flynn or Grant Riller are available at 42 who could contribute immediately. Also can't see us drafting on potential when we can't hit on 1st round picks when drafting for potential. More likely we draft role players who might be able to contribute.

Bucks acquired Magic #45 for tonight's draft. Bucks will send two future second round picks. So we now have #42,#45,#60.

The future second-round picks incoming to the Magic from the Bucks will be a second-round pick owed to the Bucks from the Pacers in either 2022, 2023 or 2024 AND the Bucks' second-round pick in 2026.
    That's the details of #45 from the Magic pick in second round of tonight's draft.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast