Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mock Draft

Post 2020 Mock Draft

https://www.nbadraft.net/2020mock_draft

Hard to tell since its how far out and where all the playoffs seeds end up. Also site still shows us with #30 pick. We don't own it. Suns traded it to Celtics. But we do get Pacers 2020 pick lottery protected. So they go by last draft seeding's. So going by Pacers pick at #18 we get Scottie Lewis 6'5" sg/sf.

Pick Swaps

2020 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
    2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to the Boston Celtics (Eric Bledsoe, Ty Jerome).
    2020 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
    2021 — Owed a second-rounder (one year following the Indiana Pacers’ obligation to the Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young) from the Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
    2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
    2022 — Owe a first-rounder (top-10 protected in 2022, conveys in 11-24 range in 2023, top-eight protected in 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) to the Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill), two years following the Boston Celtics’ obligation.
    2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/mi...s-team-salary/

We don't have a 2020 second round pick either. Pelicans own it from the Mirotic trade. Its the only second round pick of our own. Other 3 was Wizards and Nuggets. Since we used 4 seconds and Maker,Smith,Johnson,Smith,Mirotic in a 3 team deal.

I sent a email to nbadraft.net to fix the Bucks selections. We don't own #30 or #60. #30 went to Suns for Bledsoe, then later traded to Celtics for Baynes. Bucks also traded #60 for Mirotic. But we do get lottery protected Pacer pick at #18 based off of last years standings.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2020mock_draft

Also page hasn't been updated yet. Still shows Scottie Lewis at #18.

I really like getting a big...if Bucks would trade down I like some wings that right now are being available in late 20s early 2nd round range. But if they have 18 there are some guys like Jalen Smith from Maryland probably a top choice with what Bucks like to draft right now available on some sites at 18. Seems to fit length and would be a great athletic big to pair with Giannis who can hit shots and rim protect. If the Bucks trade down, Oturu from Minnesota would be a name to watch.

Ayiyi from Gonzaga a combo guard at 6-5 seems like more of a 2 in NBA or Nesmith (if trade down) is a flat shooter.

https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2020/

I found that site yesterday. They suggest SG Josh Green 6'6" from Arizona at #18. Bucks roster has plenty of moving pieces next season. Factor in Brown is RFA. He could be renounced. Korver could retire. Matthews could be back. But I think it be time to start DDV at SG. Or if Bledsoe ***** the bed in the playoffs then maybe trade him for a SG and start DDV at PG? Ersan is only a little bit guaranteed money. So he could be waived then brought back to save some cap at vet minimum. Not sure if we bring Marvin back one last time or if he retires or not. Robin has a player option. He could opt out or take it. Who knows? Maybe it would be best to get ready to groom a young big man.

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

NBADraft.net finally fixed the traded picks. Shows us with Pacers pick at #18 finally. They show Celtics have ours at #30. Also shows Pelicans have ours #60.

They have us taking .....
    Precious Achiuwa
    6-9, 225 Small Forward/Power Forward

As for twitter ......

If that's the board, I'd take Maxey in a heartbeat, but most other mocks have him going top 10 or at least lottery, so that mock seems to be pretty low on him.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If that's the board, I'd take Maxey in a heartbeat, but most other mocks have him going top 10 or at least lottery, so that mock seems to be pretty low on him.
    Yeah nbadraft.net seems a bit behind for updating their boards. They took forever to give the Bucks the Pacers spot at #18. I emailed them last year right after the Brogdon trade.

I can see draft boards varying greatly, with no camps or NCAA tourney there will be big ranges on some guys. Especially since a lot of the top recruited freshman struggled throughout the year with efficiency issues especially wings and point guards. In the end I can see some of the foreign guys getting a little boost and some of the upper classmen who played well jumping ahead of highly regarded recruits like Maxey, Cole Anthony, and Nico Mannion who shot it poorly, Anthony Edwards also shot poorly but likely will still be top 2 or 3. Even Jaden McDaniels, Josh Green, and Issac Okoro didn't shoot it well. Actually every single Freshman has major question marks based on tape or not playing in college (Ball, Wiseman, Hampton).

I really wouldn't mind the Bucks trading the pick maybe 18 to Philly for 34, 36 and 49 (maybe some cash). I'd take some upper classmen who are more likely to contribute right away. Especially if the cap space squeezes out guys like Matthews, Korver, Hill, and Connington over the next couple years. Malachi Flynn, Jordan Nwora, Payton Pritchard, Cassius Winston, and Tyler Bey are all 2nd round prospects who could be very good bench players right away and maybe eventual starters down the road. You could also get a higher ceiling player in the 2nd like Immaneuel Quickly, Cassius Stanley, or a foriegn player.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I can see draft boards varying greatly, with no camps or NCAA tourney there will be big ranges on some guys. Especially since a lot of the top recruited freshman struggled throughout the year with efficiency issues especially wings and point guards. In the end I can see some of the foreign guys getting a little boost and some of the upper classmen who played well jumping ahead of highly regarded recruits like Maxey, Cole Anthony, and Nico Mannion who shot it poorly, Anthony Edwards also shot poorly but likely will still be top 2 or 3. Even Jaden McDaniels, Josh Green, and Issac Okoro didn't shoot it well. Actually every single Freshman has major question marks based on tape or not playing in college (Ball, Wiseman, Hampton).
    Hampton is a big ? to me. I like McDaniels, Oturu even Reggie Perry as a couple options at 18 and if trade down Jalen Smith. Nico Mannion could be a good guy at 18 also.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I really wouldn't mind the Bucks trading the pick maybe 18 to Philly for 34, 36 and 49 (maybe some cash). I'd take some upper classmen who are more likely to contribute right away. Especially if the cap space squeezes out guys like Matthews, Korver, Hill, and Connington over the next couple years. Malachi Flynn, Jordan Nwora, Payton Pritchard, Cassius Winston, and Tyler Bey are all 2nd round prospects who could be very good bench players right away and maybe eventual starters down the road. You could also get a higher ceiling player in the 2nd like Immaneuel Quickly, Cassius Stanley, or a foriegn player.
    Perhaps the better partner to trade the pick is the Celtics. They have three picks in the 1st round which could well be one too many and the later ones are No 26 and our own No.30 which has ended up with the C's from the Suns. 19 for 26 and 30 sounds good for both sides.

Unless Jon Horst has on his mind to add a young 3&D wing with a big body during the up coming off season and he has a good reason to believe that he'll be able to get him, I would expect him to draft a player with these exact characteristics.

I don't think it will be a PG, cause I expect Mason to be signed on a regular for the next season and then a "big" doesn't look to be possible either, because there is Bender who would be affordable in the free agency market and there most probably will be Kostas Antetokounmpo too.

Out of the SF which will be in free agency, Jeramy Grant would fit the Bucks well, but I doubt Denver will let him go, neither I believe he would accept what the Bucks can pay him. The only other option which would fit the Bucks time table age wise, is Jabari Parker (!), but I'm not sure that the Bucks (Horst) would consider him.

Gallinari could of course be a great addition for the Bucks to add, but although he already has said that he will ignore the value of his contract and he will want to join a contending team in order to chase "the ring", I don't think he will accept as low a contract as Marvin Williams will in order to stay with the Bucks and then again, even if the Bucks would be able add Galo, he doesn't fit the time table for the future and therefore it should still be a SF the Bucks would be adding.

Out of what is available in the draft, I believe Advija, Okoro and Toppin are well out of the Bucks reach since they will all be lottery picks and perhaps even top-10 for all of them,

Sadiq Bey would be perfect for the Bucks for many reasons (one is that he is Villanova), but he seems to be rising fast in the drafts and perhaps he will also be out of reach. Patrick Williams and Devin Vassell are also both projected to be higher than pick-18, but again, there could be that the six SFs which have been mentioned could be one too many for the 17 teams which will be drafting before the Bucks since many teams will be looking for other positions and therefore one could end up with the Bucks.

Far more "safe" to end up drafted at No18 or lower are Jaden McDaniels (who is falling rapidly in the projections), Tyller Bey and Paul Reed out of which I believe that the Bucks will prefer Reed unless they can get one of the first six mentioned earlier.

Therefore unless Horst pulls something unexpected out of his sleeve and adds a SF out of free agency, I believe it will be Reed the Bucks will end up with.

But, to spend the 18th pick in order to draft Reed or McDaniels, or T.Bey, might be too much of an expense for the Bucks to pay since the 30th pick should be just fine for all of them (and especially for Reed and T.Bey who are projected to be 2nd rounders ), therefore it could be wise to approach the Celtics and propose to trade the 18th pick for the 26th and the 30th one.

If that could work, It may proves to be a great chance for the Bucks to draft a PG next to the SF they would normally be after. Who knows? May be the Backs can end up with Kira Lewis or Theo Maledon too with the 26th pick.

Yeah, I forgot to mention Aaron Nesmith among the guys which are projected to be high in the draft and unreachable for the Bucks to pick, but this makes the wings that are projected to be drafted higher than the 18th pick seven for 16 teams (the Wolves have 2 picks in the lottery) and therefore increases the probability for one out of Avidja, Okoro, Toppin, Saddiq Bey, Nesmith, Vassell or Williams to fall within the Bucks reach.

Of course Okoro and Nesmith are smaller bodies than what the Bucks would want, but they both are projected to be drafted higher than some of the other five with Patrick Williams being the favourite to be drafted later out of the seven.

Now in Cleveland they have Osman, Detroit has already drafted the very promising Doumbouya during the previous draft, the Nicks have drafted Knox two seasons before, the Bulls have Otto Porter on a huge contract, the Hornets have both P.J Washington and Miles Bridges, the Wizards are expected to renew and keep Bertans, but have picked Hatchimura too last season, the Suns have the other Bridges (Michael) and have also traded for Oubre a season earlier, the Kings have Barnes on a huge contract and veteran Bjelica too other than additionally having traded for Jabari a few months ago, the Pels have of course both Zion and Ingram, Orlando has Gordon and Isaac and Boston has Hayward and Tatum and of course the Wolves won't spend both their picks on a wing, but one of them it should be a guard!

That should make twelve out of the seventeen picks which will be drafted before the Bucks time to pick comes, not to be one of the seven players I mentioned earlier and therefore there are another five picks remaining (GSW, Hawks, Spurs, Blazers and the Wolves with one of their picks) which will draft a wing.

But, one out of these picks should be Anthony Edwards who is highly favoured to be the No1 Pick and although a wing, he is not included in the list of the seven players which were mentioned earlier and therefore there should be only four teams drafting one out of Avdija, Okoro, Toppin, Saddiq Bey, Nesmith, Vassell and Williams, which then means that after looking better with a second, more clear sight, the Bucks should be able to draft one out of Bey, Nesmith, Vassell or Williams with the 18th pick.

Lets then just hope that it will be one out of Nesmith, Vassell, and Williams which will be drafted before Saddiq Beydoes (both Nesmith and Vassell are projected to be drafted earlier than Bey in most of the projections) and fingers crossed, there is a good chance that Saddiq Bey will end up wearing the Bucks uniform for the following season!
    Last edited by mouseslept; 07-09-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Yeah, I forgot to mention Aaron Nesmith among the guys which are projected to be high in the draft and unreachable for the Bucks to pick, but this makes the wings that are projected to be drafted higher than the 18th pick seven for 16 teams (the Wolves have 2 picks in the lottery) and therefore increases the probability for one out of Avidja, Okoro, Toppin, Saddiq Bey, Nesmith, Vassell or Williams to fall within the Bucks reach.

Of course Okoro and Nesmith are smaller bodies than what the Bucks would want, but they both are projected to be drafted higher than some of the other five with Patrick Williams being the favourite to be drafted later out of the seven.

Now in Cleveland they have Osman, Detroit has already drafted the very promising Doumbouya during the previous draft, the Nicks have drafted Knox two seasons before, the Bulls have Otto Porter on a huge contract, the Hornets have both P.J Washington and Miles Bridges, the Wizards are expected to renew and keep Bertans, but have picked Hatchimura too last season, the Suns have the other Bridges (Michael) and have also traded for Oubre a season earlier, the Kings have Barnes on a huge contract and veteran Bjelica too other than additionally having traded for Jabari a few months ago, the Pels have of course both Zion and Ingram, Orlando has Gordon and Isaac and Boston has Hayward and Tatum and of course the Wolves won't spend both their picks on a wing, but one of them it should be a guard!

That should make twelve out of the seventeen picks which will be drafted before the Bucks time to pick comes, not to be one of the seven players I mentioned earlier and therefore there are another five picks remaining (GSW, Hawks, Spurs, Blazers and the Wolves with one of their picks) which will draft a wing.

But, one out of these picks should be Anthony Edwards who is highly favoured to be the No1 Pick and although a wing, he is not included in the list of the seven players which were mentioned earlier and therefore there should be only four teams drafting one out of Avdija, Okoro, Toppin, Saddiq Bey, Nesmith, Vassell and Williams, which then means that after looking better with a second, more clear sight, the Bucks should be able to draft one out of Bey, Nesmith, Vassell or Williams with the 18th pick.

Lets then just hope that it will be one out of Nesmith, Vassell, and Williams which will be drafted before Saddiq Beydoes (both Nesmith and Vassell are projected to be drafted earlier than Bey in most of the projections) and fingers crossed, there is a good chance that Saddiq Bey will end up wearing the Bucks uniform for the following season!
    I don't think Vassell or Williams will be there at 18 even. But I think Bucks should have a good chance at Kira Lewis or the Kentucky guard Maxsey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast