Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mock Draft

Paul Reed signed with Octagon to be his agency, which multiplies the probability of the Bucks drafting him by quite a margin.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Paul Reed signed with Octagon to be his agency, which multiplies the probability of the Bucks drafting him by quite a margin.
    I think if the Bucks trade back Reed could be a guy to look for them drafting but if they stick to 18 I think that is too high. He isn't really skilled off the bounce at all. A name I haven't seen said on here is Josh Green from Arizona. He has desired measurables for Bucks good length, standing reach. Ideal for an SG, can be a facilitator as he ran the point when Mannion was on the pine and DD is more an undersized 2 than a true PG.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I think if the Bucks trade back Reed could be a guy to look for them drafting but if they stick to 18 I think that is too high. He isn't really skilled off the bounce at all. A name I haven't seen said on here is Josh Green from Arizona. He has desired measurables for Bucks good length, standing reach. Ideal for an SG, can be a facilitator as he ran the point when Mannion was on the pine and DD is more an undersized 2 than a true PG.
    Unless there is trade happening which will land us a young SF of 6ft8" and taller and with 7ft or longer wingspan, I don't see the Bucks drafting a guard or a "big".

Unless there is trade happening which will land us a young SF of 6ft8" and taller and with 7ft or longer wingspan, I don't see the Bucks drafting a guard or a "big".
    Green is 6-5 with 6-10 wingspan.

Green is 6-5 with 6-10 wingspan.
    The Bucks have a good part of the roster ageing and a timetable which has been scheduled around Giannis and Khris. Out the youth, it's only Donte that shows the potential to be a prime rotation piece and Sterling with Pat who both seem to be solid rotational pieces coming from the bench.

Therefore normally, the team should look to supplement the Giannis, Middleton, Donte, trio with a 4th prime piece and then there would be a "big" only missing to solidify and secure a starting core for the future with Sterling and Pat to supplement them.

But the young "big", can also be obtained out of free agency other than testing Kostas on the position, or getting Bender back, therefore with Donte being a combo guard and Khris ideal to be used at 2, the position which should be of priority to fill is a bigger than Khris 3&D wing who would either start at SF in the future, or would be rotated on both Khris or Giannis if needed.

The Bucks have a good part of the roster ageing and a timetable which has been scheduled around Giannis and Khris. Out the youth, it's only Donte that shows the potential to be a prime rotation piece and Sterling with Pat who both seem to be solid rotational pieces coming from the bench.

Therefore normally, the team should look to supplement the Giannis, Middleton, Donte, trio with a 4th prime piece and then there would be a "big" only missing to solidify and secure a starting core for the future with Sterling and Pat to supplement them.

But the young "big", can also be obtained out of free agency other than testing Kostas on the position, or getting Bender back, therefore with Donte being a combo guard and Khris ideal to be used at 2, the position which should be of priority to fill is a bigger than Khris 3&D wing who would either start at SF in the future, or would be rotated on both Khris or Giannis if needed.
    Sterling can't even get consistent minutes. PC hasn't been very good this year. Need to shoot around Giannis and PC isn't hitting perimeter shots very well. I think Green could be a very good pick and is an ideal wing size wise for an SG. Bucks play pretty positionless ball 1-4 particularly. BroLo is signed for a while. I think you just go best talent. Not by position. I don't mind McDaniels. But my top choice is K. Lewis from Bama. I think he is going to be a very good player in the NBA for a long time. I think Horst and Bucks would look at McDaniels-Green.

I do like Jaylen Smith if they'd trade down for multiple picks. Has rim protection of Larry Sanders with shooting ability from distance. Needs to get stronger.

Sterling can't even get consistent minutes. PC hasn't been very good this year. Need to shoot around Giannis and PC isn't hitting perimeter shots very well. I think Green could be a very good pick and is an ideal wing size wise for an SG. Bucks play pretty positionless ball 1-4 particularly. BroLo is signed for a while. I think you just go best talent. Not by position. I don't mind McDaniels. But my top choice is K. Lewis from Bama. I think he is going to be a very good player in the NBA for a long time. I think Horst and Bucks would look at McDaniels-Green.

I do like Jaylen Smith if they'd trade down for multiple picks. Has rim protection of Larry Sanders with shooting ability from distance. Needs to get stronger.
    Could be McD, he is rapidly falling on the projections and now projects to be a late 1st, but I think Octagon would have been all over him in order to sign him if he would interest the Bucks and because they were all over Reed instead (and did get him), I believe it will be him.

Besides, McD is falling and Reed is rising, I'm not sure that when the day comes McD will be ahead of Reed.

There is one more prospect which all the bloggers and fans of the Bucks ignore and that is Alexej Pokusevski.

The 18y.o. is currently playing in the Greek 2nd division (any reminders?) is of 7.0ft height but needs to work hard on the upper part of his body in order to add muscles and weight (any reminders?). Has superb dribbling and ball handling as well as passing abilities and is looking to break in the open court with long strides and quick first step (any reminders?) as long as he possesses the ball when in defence. His basketball IQ and court vision are simply exceptional.

Practically he is a PG in a C's body (which needs work) who also has some advantages which may have Giannis to suggest him to the F.O. in order to be picked by the Bucks.

The Serbian holds two passports (one Serbian and one Greek) he speaks fluently Greek, he is playing in Greece, he has gone to Greek schools and knows well the Greek culture. If he is developed correct, he can handle all positions from PG right up to C and looks ideal to be in a modern roster next to Giannis which would then be a fast lineup without true Cs on the roster, yet, which would be able to defend all bigs of any opponent in the paint and would be lethal when in the offence.

I like Pokusevski alot, to me he looks a little more like a poor mans Porzingis. However if wouldn't be upset if they reached a bit for upside. He could basically sit a year or two (d-league or oversees) and just get stronger. By the time he fills out he would be potentially be a great player to take over for Brook.

I would really like a modern 4 in the mold of Ersan who can play 5 in a small ball lineup or 3 in a bigger one. I'm not sure there is any obvious chose for that however. I do love Jordan Nwora, he would be to early at 18 but if we traded back in the late 1st or even early 2nd I think he can be a Malcolm Brogdon type player at the 3.

Maybe we could find a 3 teamer that gets us a younger version of Ersan at 4 by moving back 10-15 picks and the get a nice wing prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I like Pokusevski alot, to me he looks a little more like a poor mans Porzingis. However if wouldn't be upset if they reached a bit for upside. He could basically sit a year or two (d-league or oversees) and just get stronger. By the time he fills out he would be potentially be a great player to take over for Brook.
    Agree, Pokusevski is obviously able to play in all positions, but if the Bucks would decide on him, it would make much sense to primarily use him at the 5 next to Giannis due to his length and plan to have him NBA ready with RoLo's contract expiration.

I would really like a modern 4 in the mold of Ersan who can play 5 in a small ball lineup or 3 in a bigger one. I'm not sure there is any obvious chose for that however. I do love Jordan Nwora, he would be to early at 18 but if we traded back in the late 1st or even early 2nd I think he can be a Malcolm Brogdon type player at the 3.
    Agree again, the Bucks do need a biggish body wing to add in the roster, I think it's what the F.O. has in mind too. Both McDaniels and Paul Reed fit that description.

Maybe we could find a 3 teamer that gets us a younger version of Ersan at 4 by moving back 10-15 picks and the get a nice wing prospect.
    I don't think the F.O. has in mind to pick a replacement for Ersan, because that would mean spending the pick on a role player who would come from bench if a team has Giannis on the roster. I believe the Bucks are instead looking for a big body that can be developed to handle SF well.

I believe this is the case, because Middleton is most effective at 2 and DDV shows the potential to take over from Bledsoe/Hill in handling the PG and of course Brown and Connaughton both do fit the Bucks time table and are good enough to support the starters. Again, Pokusevski, or McDaniels, or Reed, all show that they fit the bill of requirements for the Bucks roster.

But again, I believe the Bucks will be also adding Kostas Antetokounmpo this upcoming off season and perhaps if they do, adding Pokusevski would be more risky than one out of Reed or McDaniels.

I think the pick will much depend on what the Bucks will be adding from the free agency market too, because there is also Bender and Christian Wood which are free agents this off-season.

Agree, Pokusevski is obviously able to play in all positions, but if the Bucks would decide on him, it would make much sense to primarily use him at the 5 next to Giannis due to his length and plan to have him NBA ready with RoLo's contract expiration.

Agree again, the Bucks do need a biggish body wing to add in the roster, I think it's what the F.O. has in mind too. Both McDaniels and Paul Reed fit that description.

I don't think the F.O. has in mind to pick a replacement for Ersan, because that would mean spending the pick on a role player who would come from bench if a team has Giannis on the roster. I believe the Bucks are instead looking for a big body that can be developed to handle SF well.

I believe this is the case, because Middleton is most effective at 2 and DDV shows the potential to take over from Bledsoe/Hill in handling the PG and of course Brown and Connaughton both do fit the Bucks time table and are good enough to support the starters. Again, Pokusevski, or McDaniels, or Reed, all show that they fit the bill of requirements for the Bucks roster.

But again, I believe the Bucks will be also adding Kostas Antetokounmpo this upcoming off season and perhaps if they do, adding Pokusevski would be more risky than one out of Reed or McDaniels.

I think the pick will much depend on what the Bucks will be adding from the free agency market too, because there is also Bender and Christian Wood which are free agents this off-season.
    Christian Wood will likely be out of the Bucks' price range. He will get a decent deal even without much $$$$ available.. If the Bucks are looking for a guy that can play the 3..McD fits the bill. Reed doesn't handle it enough to play the 3. He is a stretch 4/small 5. Jaylen Smith is similar in that fashion. Both athletic enough to guard the 4 but protect rim with length. I have stated if the Bucks go for a guard I would really like Lewis from Alabama.

Christian Wood will likely be out of the Bucks' price range. He will get a decent deal even without much $$$$ available.. If the Bucks are looking for a guy that can play the 3..McD fits the bill. Reed doesn't handle it enough to play the 3. He is a stretch 4/small 5. Jaylen Smith is similar in that fashion. Both athletic enough to guard the 4 but protect rim with length. I have stated if the Bucks go for a guard I would really like Lewis from Alabama.
    The Bucks "price range" will depend on a few factors this season depending on what the result on the playoffs would be.

If the Bucks won't win it all this season, there might be a change of plans and the F.O. decides to go into the tax a season earlier than the original plan which is, walk into the tax with Giannis renewal and then return back under the lux tax threshold with Middleton's contract expiration in order to avoid the repeaters.

This is feasible and won't cause walking into the tax if the Bucks add a "big name" who has two more seasons left on his contract, because then the Bucks can return back to the original plan not when Khris' contract is about to expire, but a season earlier after the major addition's contract expires.

As far as Wood is concerned, he is expected to sign on a 4/30 or around that much and this, the Bucks can afford either if they execute an alternative to the original plan, or if they move one of the starting contracts and stick with the original financial plan if they win it all.

The Bucks have the 24th pick. I think Jaylen Smith would be a good fit but not sure he would be the best overall player. I am not sure if Oturu will be there at 24. Paul Reed I don't think has the handle or all-around game but he can shoot for a big and pretty good rim protector. Pokusevski could be a guy to take with upside.

I have stated I like Lewis the best for guys who could be there but I don't think he lasts to 24.

I've never loved the nba's locking in the draft order before the postseason (for non lotto teams). I don't get why they don't do it like the nfl does it where picks 15-22 go to the 8 teams that lost in the first round. 23-26 to the teams that lose on the 2nd round and do on. Wouldn't have helped the bucks pick much, but would have helped some. I wanted the pacers to gst the 5 seed so Philly wouldn't, but after Simmons got hurt, Philly was nothing so it's too bad the pacers didn't suck in the seeding games.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I've never loved the nba's locking in the draft order before the postseason (for non lotto teams). I don't get why they don't do it like the nfl does it where picks 15-22 go to the 8 teams that lost in the first round. 23-26 to the teams that lose on the 2nd round and do on. Wouldn't have helped the bucks pick much, but would have helped some. I wanted the pacers to gst the 5 seed so Philly wouldn't, but after Simmons got hurt, Philly was nothing so it's too bad the pacers didn't suck in the seeding games.
    Final seeding won't matter much in this draft, there are good opportunities even lower than the 24th seed. In any case, I would expect the Bucks to be after Embiid this off season, therefore the pick may be used on a trade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast