Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 2020 Mock Draft

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,219

    Post 2020 Mock Draft

    https://www.nbadraft.net/2020mock_draft

    Hard to tell since its how far out and where all the playoffs seeds end up. Also site still shows us with #30 pick. We don't own it. Suns traded it to Celtics. But we do get Pacers 2020 pick lottery protected. So they go by last draft seeding's. So going by Pacers pick at #18 we get Scottie Lewis 6'5" sg/sf.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,219
    Pick Swaps

    2020 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
    2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to the Boston Celtics (Eric Bledsoe, Ty Jerome).
    2020 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
    2021 — Owed a second-rounder (one year following the Indiana Pacers’ obligation to the Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young) from the Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
    2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
    2022 — Owe a first-rounder (top-10 protected in 2022, conveys in 11-24 range in 2023, top-eight protected in 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) to the Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill), two years following the Boston Celtics’ obligation.
    2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/mi...s-team-salary/

    We don't have a 2020 second round pick either. Pelicans own it from the Mirotic trade. Its the only second round pick of our own. Other 3 was Wizards and Nuggets. Since we used 4 seconds and Maker,Smith,Johnson,Smith,Mirotic in a 3 team deal.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,219
    I sent a email to nbadraft.net to fix the Bucks selections. We don't own #30 or #60. #30 went to Suns for Bledsoe, then later traded to Celtics for Baynes. Bucks also traded #60 for Mirotic. But we do get lottery protected Pacer pick at #18 based off of last years standings.

    https://www.nbadraft.net/2020mock_draft

    Also page hasn't been updated yet. Still shows Scottie Lewis at #18.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,880
    I really like getting a big...if Bucks would trade down I like some wings that right now are being available in late 20s early 2nd round range. But if they have 18 there are some guys like Jalen Smith from Maryland probably a top choice with what Bucks like to draft right now available on some sites at 18. Seems to fit length and would be a great athletic big to pair with Giannis who can hit shots and rim protect. If the Bucks trade down, Oturu from Minnesota would be a name to watch.

    Ayiyi from Gonzaga a combo guard at 6-5 seems like more of a 2 in NBA or Nesmith (if trade down) is a flat shooter.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,219
    https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2020/

    I found that site yesterday. They suggest SG Josh Green 6'6" from Arizona at #18. Bucks roster has plenty of moving pieces next season. Factor in Brown is RFA. He could be renounced. Korver could retire. Matthews could be back. But I think it be time to start DDV at SG. Or if Bledsoe ***** the bed in the playoffs then maybe trade him for a SG and start DDV at PG? Ersan is only a little bit guaranteed money. So he could be waived then brought back to save some cap at vet minimum. Not sure if we bring Marvin back one last time or if he retires or not. Robin has a player option. He could opt out or take it. Who knows? Maybe it would be best to get ready to groom a young big man.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,219
    https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

    NBADraft.net finally fixed the traded picks. Shows us with Pacers pick at #18 finally. They show Celtics have ours at #30. Also shows Pelicans have ours #60.

    They have us taking .....
    Precious Achiuwa
    6-9, 225 Small Forward/Power Forward

    As for twitter ......


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,954
    If that's the board, I'd take Maxey in a heartbeat, but most other mocks have him going top 10 or at least lottery, so that mock seems to be pretty low on him.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,219
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If that's the board, I'd take Maxey in a heartbeat, but most other mocks have him going top 10 or at least lottery, so that mock seems to be pretty low on him.
    Yeah nbadraft.net seems a bit behind for updating their boards. They took forever to give the Bucks the Pacers spot at #18. I emailed them last year right after the Brogdon trade.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,911
    I can see draft boards varying greatly, with no camps or NCAA tourney there will be big ranges on some guys. Especially since a lot of the top recruited freshman struggled throughout the year with efficiency issues especially wings and point guards. In the end I can see some of the foreign guys getting a little boost and some of the upper classmen who played well jumping ahead of highly regarded recruits like Maxey, Cole Anthony, and Nico Mannion who shot it poorly, Anthony Edwards also shot poorly but likely will still be top 2 or 3. Even Jaden McDaniels, Josh Green, and Issac Okoro didn't shoot it well. Actually every single Freshman has major question marks based on tape or not playing in college (Ball, Wiseman, Hampton).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,911
    I really wouldn't mind the Bucks trading the pick maybe 18 to Philly for 34, 36 and 49 (maybe some cash). I'd take some upper classmen who are more likely to contribute right away. Especially if the cap space squeezes out guys like Matthews, Korver, Hill, and Connington over the next couple years. Malachi Flynn, Jordan Nwora, Payton Pritchard, Cassius Winston, and Tyler Bey are all 2nd round prospects who could be very good bench players right away and maybe eventual starters down the road. You could also get a higher ceiling player in the 2nd like Immaneuel Quickly, Cassius Stanley, or a foriegn player.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I can see draft boards varying greatly, with no camps or NCAA tourney there will be big ranges on some guys. Especially since a lot of the top recruited freshman struggled throughout the year with efficiency issues especially wings and point guards. In the end I can see some of the foreign guys getting a little boost and some of the upper classmen who played well jumping ahead of highly regarded recruits like Maxey, Cole Anthony, and Nico Mannion who shot it poorly, Anthony Edwards also shot poorly but likely will still be top 2 or 3. Even Jaden McDaniels, Josh Green, and Issac Okoro didn't shoot it well. Actually every single Freshman has major question marks based on tape or not playing in college (Ball, Wiseman, Hampton).
    Hampton is a big ? to me. I like McDaniels, Oturu even Reggie Perry as a couple options at 18 and if trade down Jalen Smith. Nico Mannion could be a good guy at 18 also.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I really wouldn't mind the Bucks trading the pick maybe 18 to Philly for 34, 36 and 49 (maybe some cash). I'd take some upper classmen who are more likely to contribute right away. Especially if the cap space squeezes out guys like Matthews, Korver, Hill, and Connington over the next couple years. Malachi Flynn, Jordan Nwora, Payton Pritchard, Cassius Winston, and Tyler Bey are all 2nd round prospects who could be very good bench players right away and maybe eventual starters down the road. You could also get a higher ceiling player in the 2nd like Immaneuel Quickly, Cassius Stanley, or a foriegn player.
    Perhaps the better partner to trade the pick is the Celtics. They have three picks in the 1st round which could well be one too many and the later ones are No 26 and our own No.30 which has ended up with the C's from the Suns. 19 for 26 and 30 sounds good for both sides.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •