Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What does your wish list look like heading into tipoff?

1. Alex Caruso turns into a starting material PG

I hope the JKidd hire works well for one guy in particular -- Alex Caruso. Gotta pick the hall of famers brain. Him and Kuzma could potentially be the future of this franchise.

2. A healthy year for Danny Green

I'm in love with the Danny Green hire. I've been thinking but I can't remember the last time we had an offense/defense guy as effective as he is. Maybe since Trevor Ariza? Truly hope he can stay healthy and this season works out for him.

https://twitter.com/LakeShowWorld/st...55689697533953

https://twitter.com/LakeShowWorld/st...09047655780352

3. A breakout year for Kyle Kuzma

Being on the same team with former All-Stars and champions have its perks, the main one being advice. Playing alongside generational talents like LeBron James and Anthony Davis, Kuzma should be able to learn what it takes to go from “good” to “great” in the NBA

4. Avery Bradley becomes the Lakers' top enforcer

https://twitter.com/ThrowbackHoops/s...94379666202624

Everyone is talking these days about “load management”, especially when it comes to LeBron. Some of that has to include taking the ball out of his hands some of the time to lighten up his workload just enough. Bradley is a very capable ball-handler, not just in the open court but also in the halfcourt. This way, LeBron can cede some of those responsibilities to him and trust him to make plays and limit turnovers in different offensive situations.

Defensively -- He is great at not only hounding his man but also staying in front of him even after fighting through screens and trying to angle him off. He can also recover after getting beat by his man and contest his shot.

With a defensive-minded head coach in Frank Vogel, the purple and gold may now have the tools to be one of the best defensive teams in the association

5. Dwight Howard

That he gives the team a line of 12p/10r/2a/1b per game and doesnt become an issue in the locker room. That's all I want to get from this guy. From D12 to D39, apparently dropped 25lbs. Hope he drops the annoying behavior, too.

Plus:
    -KCP drastically improves his shot selection and 3ball
    -A healthy JaVale McGee
    -Another game winner for Rajon Rondo vs the Celtics
    -Acquisition of a legitimate, dependable LBJ backup SF midseason
    Last edited by Mave1002; 09-05-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    1. Alex Caruso turns into a starting material PG

I hope the JKidd hire works well for one guy in particular -- Alex Caruso. Gotta pick the hall of famers brain. Him and Kuzma could potentially be the future of this franchise.
    Your #1 is spot on. When I saw the title of this thread the first thing I was going to say is that we really need to give Caruso consistent minutes and opportunities, to find out just how good he can be.

He can shoot the three, he can run the offense, he can make the right pass/assist, and he can slam. So what is his ceiling? Really psyched to find out.

My second hope is that LeBron takes the 'Magic Johnson' role seriously, and stops worrying about keeping his scoring average up. Run the first team, set up AD and use him as a decoy to get easy shots for other players. (I know LeBron has the tools, so the only question is whether he'll do it or not.)

Finally -- just keep everyone healthy, especially AD. I'm not big into load management, but we don't want him breaking down. (A lot of people are going to be thinking about AD and Durant this year.)

Can this actually be the year we actually...

Championship is right there at the top of my wishlist

Your baby can't do this

What does your wish list look like heading into tipoff?

I also want to see AD play a fully healthy season for the first time in his career. If he does, I think he could be top 3 in mvp voting and top 3 in DPOY.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I also want to see AD play a fully healthy season for the first time in his career. If he does, I think he could be top 3 in mvp voting and top 3 in DPOY.
    +1

Errbodys keeping their fingers crossed for health

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso Nation View Post
    Your #1 is spot on. When I saw the title of this thread the first thing I was going to say is that we really need to give Caruso consistent minutes and opportunities, to find out just how good he can be.

He can shoot the three, he can run the offense, he can make the right pass/assist, and he can slam. So what is his ceiling? Really psyched to find out.

My second hope is that LeBron takes the 'Magic Johnson' role seriously, and stops worrying about keeping his scoring average up. Run the first team, set up AD and use him as a decoy to get easy shots for other players. (I know LeBron has the tools, so the only question is whether he'll do it or not.)

Finally -- just keep everyone healthy, especially AD. I'm not big into load management, but we don't want him breaking down. (A lot of people are going to be thinking about AD and Durant this year.)
    Among Rondo (age), Cook (solid role player), Bradley (tweener).. We need a starting point guard and Caruso has the highest potential. Just please get rid of the remainder of the hair.

Injury free season

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Championship is right there at the top of my wishlist
    So is health, without health we'll accomplish nothing, it's been a while since we haven't been healthy for the majority of the season, I hope after the boogie news we're done with major injuries this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    +1

Errbodys keeping their fingers crossed for health
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    So is health, without health we'll accomplish nothing, it's been a while since we haven't been healthy for the majority of the season, I hope after the boogie news we're done with major injuries this year.
    Yep health is right up there at the top as well. AD is always hurt so a healthy season for him will crazy fun to watch, the things he could do will be insane. Plus lebron is getting older and his steroids aren’t working as well as they used to so he is more prone to injury now as well. If those two at the very least stay healthy, then this team is going places.

Your baby can't do this

Caruso will be our starting PG by seasons end..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    I'll never hate you....

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Honestly he has a good shot, just curious to see how he will handle a full NBA season.

NBA Championship, nothing else matters.

And also I don't care about Caruso's individual accolades. Stop with the Caruso drooling. He's just another bench player. Relax guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    NBA Championship, nothing else matters.

And also I don't care about Caruso's individual accolades. Stop with the Caruso drooling. He's just another bench player. Relax guys.
    He might not just be another bench player. He might take the starting PG job by the balls.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast