Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    lmao... Gallo still can't guard anyone and Im pretty sure he won't hold a candle to Knox's career offensively but time will tell. Gallo..lol
    lol you never did like Gallo, but he is a sneaky good defender and a big impact player. Clippers were good out of nowhere with him after the Blake & Harris trades, just like DEN after the Melo trade. he's a winning player.

honestly he averages 16ppg in 31mpg on 59% TS for his career, he's always been solid and efficient... If Knox can do that on offense I'd be very happy.

As far as Knox, I think if he can get his efficiency at TS% up to around 52-53% next year that will be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    lol you never did like Gallo, but he is a sneaky good defender and a big impact player. Clippers were good out of nowhere with him after the Blake & Harris trades, just like DEN after the Melo trade. he's a winning player.

honestly he averages 16ppg in 31mpg on 59% TS for his career, he's always been solid and efficient... If Knox can do that on offense I'd be very happy.

As far as Knox, I think if he can get his efficiency at TS% up to around 52-53% next year that will be a good sign.
    Knox at 24 is going to be a problem. Look at the jump we saw in his game offensively, defensively and all the above in SL. The kid is a worker and he won't stop until the words all-star come before his name. Gallinari could never stay healthy or guard anyone on the post or perimeter and has literally become one of the NBA's journey men. Not about liking a guy its about his skill level. Knox is already a better perimeter defender than Gallo was.

Knox at 24 is going to be a problem. Look at the jump we saw in his game offensively, defensively and all the above in SL. The kid is a worker and he won't stop until the words all-star come before his name. Gallinari could never stay healthy or guard anyone on the post or perimeter and has literally become one of the NBA's journey men. Not about liking a guy its about his skill level. Knox is already a better perimeter defender than Gallo was.
    knox has a lot of potential, i agree. defense will determine his fate b/c the offense will get there.

But man you're way off on Gallo. and players move around these days, 3 teams in 11 years isn't a journeyman...lol.

knox has a lot of potential, i agree. defense will determine his fate b/c the offense will get there.

But man you're way off on Gallo. and players move around these days, 3 teams in 11 years isn't a journeyman...lol.
    Gallo is not and was never a defender on the post or anywhere for that matter. Knox, at 20, is already a good one on one perimeter defender even though most Knick fans are blind to it.

Gallo is not and was never a defender on the post or anywhere for that matter. Knox, at 20, is already a good one on one perimeter defender even though most Knick fans are blind to it.
    I like Knox. Think he’s going to be good

But there was no defense for his defense. It was terrible

Lol this made me giggle because Knox was one of the worst defenders in the league last year

Gallinari is not a bad comp in terms of being kind of stiff and slow on defense but still being a plus player.

I think Gallo is better off the dribble and passing though. Knox should be able to get to the line well like Gallo though, he's shown that ability.

Knox is going to be a very good shooter though, I think he's definitely a Rashard Lewis type in the future, playing the 4. can't envision him at the 3 long term. he doesn't have the defense or creativity of a Gallo though.
    I keep reading this then wonder what about Randle, is he not a 4? We have Mitch locked up at the 5 and he's not playing any 4 that is for sure.

Now Randle can slip into the 5 for say 12 minutes so does that mean Knox only plays PF when Randle is at center in the future?

Randle will be all of 25 this season, he is probably going nowhere unless there is a big trade he is included in. I can't see the Knicks not picking up his option in year three and giving him 4m to simply go away, then we own his bird rights, he can be a long term Knick moving forward with Mitch.

Love to hear some others thoughts on this because I agree Knox could become a 4 in a couple years. One may need to go?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I keep reading this then wonder what about Randle, is he not a 4? We have Mitch locked up at the 5 and he's not playing any 4 that is for sure.

Now Randle can slip into the 5 for say 12 minutes so does that mean Knox only plays PF when Randle is at center in the future?

Randle will be all of 25 this season, he is probably going nowhere unless there is a big trade he is included in. I can't see the Knicks not picking up his option in year three and giving him 4m to simply go away, then we own his bird rights, he can be a long term Knick moving forward with Mitch.

Love to hear some others thoughts on this because I agree Knox could become a 4 in a couple years. One may need to go?
    Randle's fit was always a concern, but more with Mitch. it's too early to worry about his fit with Knox. Knox has to prove he's a starting caliber player first off. but even then, he's ok at the 3...probably for another couple of years like you said. just long term he's probably best at 4.

If Knox turns into a stud then yea one may need to go, but both these guys have to prove their worth first. Randle cant just put up 22 & 8 and be a net negative or barely be a net positive.

First off Gallo was surprising on defense, and moved surprising well, and Knox on the perimeter well you may be the only one blind on this one. He wasn't even good in SL in this regards, which has many of us skeptical.

Biv seriously which game thread can you point to that there were posts about Knox fighting over screens, or stopping three's etc?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    First off Gallo was surprising on defense, and moved surprising well, and Knox on the perimeter well you may be the only one blind on this one. He wasn't even good in SL in this regards, which has many of us skeptical.

Biv seriously which game thread can you point to that there were posts about Knox fighting over screens, or stopping three's etc?
    Ladies and gents, Tomorrows class will be on "what is one on one defense"? Did you not see him guard your savior and god Zion and block one shot going to the hoop and another jumper? Did you not see him disrupt jump shots? We all know the kid needs to work on his D but if you don't see him guarding well one one one, you're not paying attention.

Ladies and gents, Tomorrows class will be on "what is one on one defense"? Did you not see him guard your savior and god Zion and block one shot going to the hoop and another jumper? Did you not see him disrupt jump shots? We all know the kid needs to work on his D but if you don't see him guarding well one one one, you're not paying attention.
    you talking a couple plays or over all during SL?
    These legitimate causes for concern are not strictly related to Knox’s offense. The defense is equally appalling. According to Cleaning the Glass, the Knicks have a defensive rating of 117.3 points per 100 possessions (fifth percentile) when Knox is on the court. Knox’s on-off differential is +5.9, meaning the Knicks are roughly six points worse when Knox is on the court. That figure is in the seventh percentile of all wing players.

You might be thinking, “Drew, single-player on-off figures are noisy because there are so many variables that can affect the numbers.” While this is a fair assessment, the adjusted plus-minus figures that control for those factors also support the claim that Knox is a disaster on defense. Knox is 491st of 494 players in defensive RPM (-3.94), 504th of 508 players in defensive RAPM (-1.75), and 485th out of 511 players in defensive PIPM (-1.8)

Summer league wrap up: https://dailyknicks.com/2019/07/15/n...summer-league/

The shooting percentages were not spectacular for Knox, including just 40 percent from the field. He made just one-third of his shots in the summer finale against the Wizards.

However, the fourth game against the Lakers proved the most productive and promising for Knox, hitting seven of his 12 shots for 25 points in a win. It offered some momentum entering the two-plus month layoff without basketball, as he looks for improvement as a sophomore.

Shot-making remains a concern, though. Knox will be just 20 years old for the 2019-20 season, so there is time for gains. The same for defense, which was poor from the Kentucky product. He has the rest of the summer to work at this before lining up for the next NBA campaign, and while there were lowlights these past five games, the highlights left room for excitement.

This guy loves summer league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I remember Zion manhandling him like a rag doll.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I remember Zion manhandling him like a rag doll.
    EXACTLY, that's what the simple minds remember, ONE PLAY. As opposed to the facts which was Knox completely outplayed Zion on both ends during the time Zion was on the court.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast