Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Question... Who here thinks that Duncan Robinson, OG Ananomy, Will Barton and other young starting SFs in the NBA are any more talented than Knox? I would say he is more talented than most starting SFs if you go through all 30 teams but he is very young and needs the playing time to get better and more experience. He literally gets no calls and probably attacks the rim more than anyone else on the team after Julius. Knox is going to be good but Morris is blocking his opportunities right now
    Knox is god aweful, he should be in the d league.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Knox is god aweful, he should be in the d league.
    Question is why is he awful?

We all saw him playing well in stretches last season. I heard he had an injury over the summer that didn't allow him to work on his game but nobody is talking about that. The kid is 20 and has no defined role on a losing team with foolish fans who boo him and talk bad about him on the internet and he has had 2 coaches already.

Knox was being talked about all over the NBA last season... That talent doesn't just go away. Same for DSJ.

It's all an indictment of this bull sh it coaching staff even under Miller is bad because in no way should these meaningless vets that have had their whole career to shine be playing more minutes than DSJ, Frank, Trier, Knox, Mitch, Iggy and Wooten.

I don't care if we lose every game... Let those young guys play the rest of the season so we know who we can keep.

Sit Payton, Portis, Taj, Ellington and Morris until the trade deadline and move them all in a trade no matter what you get for them. Their value right now is that they come off the books. None of them should play another minute here...

Until the deadline let's play only

Frank ..... Kadeem... DSJ
    RJ ..... Trier
    Bullock..... Iggy
    Julius..... Knox
    Mitch..... Wooten

We are losing anyway... Let's see the kids play. I bet they play harder than what we've been seeing.

I guess the Sixers were just crazy taking Embid and waiting a season and plus?

With KP hurt, you are tanking so getting a pick that dropped so far who was supposed go maybe number one, this franchise could have gambled at 9, we have Knox, I'd much rather have gambled on a player with that much talent sitting out one season and treat him like Embid..

Yea i'll stick to that completely.

Denver gambled and it appears to be a great gamble, guess they are clueless also? I know the KNicks needed a big hit in the draft but damn at number nine and gambling on Knox? I think that would have been a well worth gamble for a team tanking.

Well all that said Embid out again against the Knicks tonight lol

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I guess the Sixers were just crazy taking Embid and waiting a season and plus?

With KP hurt, you are tanking so getting a pick that dropped so far who was supposed go maybe number one, this franchise could have gambled at 9, we have Knox, I'd much rather have gambled on a player with that much talent sitting out one season and treat him like Embid..

Yea i'll stick to that completely.

Denver gambled and it appears to be a great gamble, guess they are clueless also? I know the KNicks needed a big hit in the draft but damn at number nine and gambling on Knox? I think that would have been a well worth gamble for a team tanking.

Well all that said Embid out again against the Knicks tonight lol
    Fully agree, I hated that pick at that time and he looks more like Derrick Williams then a player who will make it in this league. Its hard to blame him, we have the most atrocious development in the whole league. If we would have been with toronto he would fulfill his potential.
    `

Not sure anybody could fix his defensive iq

Porter jr looks real good on the other hand. You got to hit on tour draft picks if you cant get free agents

Michael Porter Jr looks good but...here some Knick fans are whining about Porzingis, Michael Porter Jr didn't play his entire rookie season because he needed another back surgery that would "fix" the first one.

The Nuggets have WISELY monitored his work load. He primarily plays off the bench. He doesn't play back to back games. And his minutes are based on his health. For the season, he averages 12 min/game and nothing special.

In the last 10 games, 20 min/game with 11.8 ppg 60%FG 3P% 46% and 5 rpg.

I see Porter Jr as a young Danny Manning. I think his back will mean, he'll have a shorter career.

I'd still move to get him on the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Michael Porter Jr looks good but...here some Knick fans are whining about Porzingis, Michael Porter Jr didn't play his entire rookie season because he needed another back surgery that would "fix" the first one.

The Nuggets have WISELY monitored his work load. He primarily plays off the bench. He doesn't play back to back games. And his minutes are based on his health. For the season, he averages 12 min/game and nothing special.

In the last 10 games, 20 min/game with 11.8 ppg 60%FG 3P% 46% and 5 rpg.

I see Porter Jr as a young Danny Manning. I think his back will mean, he'll have a shorter career.

I'd still move to get him on the Knicks.
    ALL of this was a concern for every team that passed on MJP and was an obvious concern for Knick fans ofcourse until MJP played a few games and was pretty good. Now, it's "I told you so"...and "Knicks should've picked MJP"...ALL of these guys are Monday morning QB's and should be ignored.

If, and I hope it doesn't happen but IF MJP tweaks his back again, ALL of these Monday morning QB's will go back into hiding, similar to where they've been for a yr and a half...and similar to where they are now in regards to KP and him missing the last 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    ALL of this was a concern for every team that passed on MJP and was an obvious concern for Knick fans ofcourse until MJP played a few games and was pretty good. Now, it's "I told you so"...and "Knicks should've picked MJP"...ALL of these guys are Monday morning QB's and should be ignored.

If, and I hope it doesn't happen but IF MJP tweaks his back again, ALL of these Monday morning QB's will go back into hiding, similar to where they've been for a yr and a half...and similar to where they are now in regards to KP and him missing the last 8 games.
    To be fair, there were a bunch of posters who thought MPJ was still the pick to make, and thought Knox was a bad pick. Knox still has time, but is looking a lot closer to a bust, then even a solid rotation player at this point

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    To be fair, there were a bunch of posters who thought MPJ was still the pick to make, and thought Knox was a bad pick. Knox still has time, but is looking a lot closer to a bust, then even a solid rotation player at this point
    If you don't realize Knox will have a 15yr career, you're not the evaluator you think you are. not necessarily you Shady

well I know you were in the draft thread so I'm guessing your just having a lapse of memory now lol

Yes this site has Monday morning QB's but far from the case here. The site blew up as he kept dropping, in fact if you read the thread some wanted to trade up to get him, give our pick and more, so not sure what your missing here?

I still feel Knox can have a good career, he has a lot of fine tuning to do though.

One of my first posts after the pick was made was that the Knicks may have made a mistake passing on Porter and I wasnít the only one. Also, Porterís name was chanted the entire time when the Knicks were up and after Knox was picked. Do you not recall his interview immediately after with him being asked how he felt that the fans were chanting for another player?

Sorry, there is no Monday morning quarterbacking going on here. Obviously there were some who wanted to stay away from Porter because of his back, but this comparison or narrative that the Knicks may regret passing on him is nothing new. He was easily the more superior prospect.

You and I went back and forth regarding Knox leading up to that draft. I was onboard in the end because I understood the need to swing for upside. Fans killed Frank and still kill him and I donít think Knox should get a pass here at all especially since he hasnít really shown that heís good at anything. I think heíll ultimately be a decent stretch 4, but heís nowhere near untouchable. Like Frank, his issues are nothing new. We saw this at Kentucky and you wouldíve also if you could get over his physical attributes.

In short, keep the same energy. Iím more concerned about him than Frank and I was never high on Frank. I get it. Heís only 20, but being young doesnít guarantee anything, not even improvement.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-21-2020 at 02:59 PM.

If you don't realize Knox will have a 15yr career, you're not the evaluator you think you are. not necessarily you Shady
    Itís a toss-up at this point. He hasnít shown much growth at either end. And him hanging around as a benchwarmer type that gets spot minutes wouldnít exempt him from bust status.

He needs to get to some kind of almost-subpar level of defense, and get his offense to a reliably consistent level. If he doesnít start showing signs of consistency next season, Iíd start worrying..

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    One of my first posts after the pick was made was that the Knicks may have made a mistake passing on Porter and I wasnít the only one. Also, Porterís name was chanted the entire time when the Knicks were up and after Knox was picked. Do you not recall his interview immediately after with him being asked how he felt that the fans were chanting for another player?

Sorry, there is no Monday morning quarterbacking going on here. Obviously there were some who wanted to stay away from Porter because of his back, but this comparison or narrative that the Knicks may regret passing on him is nothing new. He was easily the more superior prospect.

You and I went back and forth regarding Knox leading up to that draft. I was onboard in the end because I understood the need to swing for upside. Fans killed Frank and still kill him and I donít think Knox should get a pass here at all especially since he hasnít really shown that heís good at anything. I think heíll ultimately be a decent stretch 4, but heís nowhere near untouchable. Like Frank, his issues are nothing new. We saw this at Kentucky and you wouldíve also if you could get over his physical attributes.

In short, keep the same energy. Iím more concerned about him than Frank and I was never high on Frank. I get it. Heís only 20, but being young doesnít guarantee anything, not even improvement.

Those are the 2 key words. Everyone knew MJP was more talented and was most of our first choice of everyone, but his back injuries at such an early age put a huge risk on taking him, especially for a team that already had potential long term injuries in KP.

Saying MAY HAVE is one thing but to the fans already screaming how the Knicks front office screwed this up, I say, you're Monday morning QBing...

Btw, in a yr or two, all you will hear is how every poster in here said "I always thought Knox would be good, it's just that he needed work" . Yeah yeah..you all told us so...
    Last edited by Bivory; 01-21-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Those are the 2 key words. Everyone knew MJP was more talented and was most of our first choice of everyone, but his back injuries at such an early age put a huge risk on taking him, especially for a team that already had potential long term injuries in KP.

Saying MAY HAVE is one thing but to the fans already screaming how the Knicks front office screwed this up, I say, you're Monday morning QBing...

Btw, in a yr or two, all you will hear is how every poster in here said "I always thought Knox would be good, it's just that he needed work" . Yeah yeah..you all told us so...
    ďMay haveĒ was only used because we arenít doctors and it was solely dependent on health. Facts are he seems like heís fully healthy now and this could be an Embiid situation. The Knicks have very little room for error when it comes to these things. He was there for the taking and this was and still is a franchise that needs to take chances on players like him if they are ever going to improve. I thought they shouldíve taken him just based on the fear of what they might be passing on. Teams donít get the opportunity to pick a player like him that late in the draft.

This stuff about avoiding him because he had to sit for a year is nonsense also. They won 17 games last year. Taking him over Knox wouldnít have changed anything besides them having a brighter future than they do now once he recovered.

Weíll see if he turns it around. For all of our sakes, I hope so. But ask yourself if you didnít believe in Frank, why are you so sure that itíll happen for Knox.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-21-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    ďMay haveĒ was only used because we arenít doctors and it was solely dependent on health. Facts are he seems like heís fully healthy now and this could be an Embiid situation. The Knicks have very little room for error when it comes to these things. He was there for the taking and this was and still is a franchise that needs to take chances on players like him if they are ever going to improve. I thought they shouldíve taken him just based on the fear of what they might be passing on. Teams donít get the opportunity to pick a player like him that late in the draft.

This stuff about avoiding him because he had to sit for a year is nonsense also. They won 17 games last year. Taking him over Knox wouldnít have changed anything besides them having a brighter future than they do now once he recovered.

Weíll see if he turns it around. For all of our sakes, I hope so. But ask yourself if you didnít believe in Frank, why are you so sure that itíll happen for Knox.

How can you put Frank and Knox in the same sentence? Knox has potential oozing out of his pores. At his best, he's an all-star. At Franks best, he's still a role player.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast