Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Talking Projected Kevin Knox future.

For giggles and to stop with the Frank Outlook thread let's talk about Kevin Knox.

I see a future beast and an absolute sniper in the league the next 15 yrs. He looks like he'll easily add 15lbs and then it's go time. His work ethic seems to be on point. If he sharpens his handle and adds a little quickness, we could be in for a nice surprise. Btw, expect Knox to be at the line a LOT more this yr as he wont be a rookie getting screwed by refs again.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-05-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Will he be more of a 3 or a 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Will he be more of a 3 or a 4 ?
    Why not both He's a flat out shooter and Im not sure his body will ever enable him to pound down low so I see more of a 3 with small ball 4 mixed in. Not sure we'll ever see him grab 7 or 8 boards a game like most PF's.

a right handed Rashard Lewis?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    a right handed Rashard Lewis?
    That'd be nice. I'm praying for Paul George. I think he some real natural scoring ability. I do worry about his effort level and focus

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

My favorite up and comer Kevin Knox I see his game improving every year for a while. Kids got skills. Just a matter of time before hes fully grown. He had a good start last season then was injured quick, came back after 7 games and didn't miss anymore. Shows hes a strong and dedicated one. But his numbers starting in December on shows he can be an offensive threat. With his work ethic and height he may just be an Allstar for us eventually. His shooting will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That'd be nice. I'm praying for Paul George. I think he some real natural scoring ability. I do worry about his effort level and focus
    yea that's the ceiling but not sure he has the defensive awareness or creativity that PG13 has.

PG13 is one of the best defensive players, Knox and the Knock on him is his defense. I saw major improvement in Knox's shot this SL, but also saw bad defense in SL which is not against the highest level talent.

Knox is far from ready for the 4 so no he won't see close to any extended time there. Knox will have competition this year.

This basically goes for almost every thread, what will Fiz do with the players/rotations?

The question we all have is will Morris play some SF, will Iggy earn minutes at the two/three, will RJ see minutes at the three, will Ellington get minutes at the two since he is a very good shooter moving RJ to the three? Will Fiz use DSJ/Payton in a combo together?
    What about Dot? What happens when Bullock is ready? Guess things may settle by that time frame.
    Where does Frank actually fit?

Do we come out winning and does that change has Fiz coach's?

I think Preseason is going to be huge and competitive, so many open questions, and so many scenario's for Fiz to figure out.

Randle is the guy at PF and Mitch at center make no bones about that, so now you have to play Morris who is getting 15m and Portis getting 15m and then what about Taj getting 10M?

I'm guessing this will be the most competitive practices in a very long time, and guys are going to go hard to earn minutes........this is why fans are underestimating this team this year.

Paul George? I don't think so.

I do think Knox projects to be a 4, but maybe in 2-3 years when he bulks up. These are kids and far from finished products. But Knox has a good frame to add weight to.

Yep, I see a Rashard Lewis type. Looks like he will be a sniper and most likely used a stretch guy primarily who can attach closeouts and score at all three levels - taking it for a pull up or all the way/getting to the line. Will most likely be a piss poor defender and have spurts where he appears to lack drive and focus, but a solid contributor nonetheless.

Long term, I do think Knox is most likely a perimeter 4 in a starting unit or as a hybrid forward off the bench where defined positions are less important. As the league gets smaller and faster he'll be less and less feasible to start at the 3.

I see alot of tobias harris in knox not so much rashard but i think knox stays at the 3 idk if he needs to add to much weight he just needs to add muscle i cant really picture knox banging down low with the bigs i still cringe when i see that zion highlight

How ever he has the tools to be atleast a good defender at the 3 i just think fiz is not the guy for him to develop on defense we need a thibs van gundy marc jackson type coach for him

Definitely projects to be a stretch 4 as of now. We'll see how his self-creation abilities evolve.

I think he probably has the widest range of outcomes in comparison to anyone else on the team. He could end up being flat out horrible, a 20+ point scorer across several seasons, or anything else in between.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Definitely projects to be a stretch 4 as of now. We'll see how his self-creation abilities evolve.

I think he probably has the widest range of outcomes in comparison to anyone else on the team. He could end up being flat out horrible, a 20+ point scorer across several seasons, or anything else in between.
    So he could be out of the league in a few years or a borderline an all-star? Not much risk in that projection.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast