Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cubs at Brewers

For those who havenít seen it:

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Pretty nervous about this weekend tbh. Brewers are playing to save their season at this point.

I guess it doesn't change the fact that they're not healthy and don't have very good pitching. But the desperation factor is worrisome.

A Cubs win tonight probably takes a bunch of air out of their balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I mean the names are the best the Cubs have had all year, but it depends on how healthy KB and Javy are.
    True. I think Javy will be fine. But I do wonder about KB.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Pretty nervous about this weekend tbh. Brewers are playing to save their season at this point.

I guess it doesn't change the fact that they're not healthy and don't have very good pitching. But the desperation factor is worrisome.

A Cubs win tonight probably takes a bunch of air out of their balloon.
    I agree. But TBH, I pretty much worry about all series. Simple fact is this team is not elite. They lose games they should win. And, that said, even elite teams do lose in Milwaukee.
    I also hate the Brewers. Not exactly the players on the team (maybe with the exception of Braun). I hate the way they play the game. The starting pitcher going 4 innings and then the parade of pen arms is so annoying. I think it is worse for the old time fans who remember starting pitchers pitching complete games. Not that I expect that any longer. But the Brewers take it to an entirely new level. And, I just hate watching that sort of managing. It gets worse this time of the year. Brewers probably have 16 pitchers on their team. I look forward to next year when the rosters only go to 28.

Phillies lost again. So that is a good thing. Not wanting the WC, but if they do not pass the Cardinals, I would rather that then not make it at all. So a Phillies loss is good.

Cubs at Brewers

WTF.

Kimbrel placed on 10-day IL with elbow inflammation, Bote recalled from Iowa

MRI on Kimbrel came back clean, eligible to be reactivated next Thurs

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I agree. But TBH, I pretty much worry about all series. Simple fact is this team is not elite. They lose games they should win. And, that said, even elite teams do lose in Milwaukee.
    I also hate the Brewers. Not exactly the players on the team (maybe with the exception of Braun). I hate the way they play the game. The starting pitcher going 4 innings and then the parade of pen arms is so annoying. I think it is worse for the old time fans who remember starting pitchers pitching complete games. Not that I expect that any longer. But the Brewers take it to an entirely new level. And, I just hate watching that sort of managing. It gets worse this time of the year. Brewers probably have 16 pitchers on their team. I look forward to next year when the rosters only go to 28.
    I guess the silver lining is that the Brewers' bullpen was pretty trashy before rosters expanded. The handful of AAA arms they added presumably are no better.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    WTF.

And there it is. So I guess Wick closes, right?

WTF.

Well, only two years left after this one. Could be worse.

Can I continue the sweep trend? Yup.

WTF.

Mystery solved.

Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Well, only two years left after this one. Could be worse.
    I am not going to go to that dark place on Kimbrel just yet. But it does suck the next week.

I am not going to go to that dark place on Kimbrel just yet. But it does suck the next week.
    Yeah honestly Iíd give Wick the ball for save situations. See if he can handle it. I know we paid Kimbrel to be a lock down closer and regardless of what he does this year moving forward, Iím pretty confident he can get it back next year. Relievers as a whole are odd around baseball. Edwin Diaz has some of the nastiest stuff in the game and he couldnít pitch a clean inning against a college team right now. Itís crazy. Jeffrees from Mil is the same way. Electric stuff and had a 1 something ERA last year gets released this year. Treinen with Oakland the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Yeah honestly Iíd give Wick the ball for save situations. See if he can handle it. I know we paid Kimbrel to be a lock down closer and regardless of what he does this year moving forward, Iím pretty confident he can get it back next year. Relievers as a whole are odd around baseball. Edwin Diaz has some of the nastiest stuff in the game and he couldnít pitch a clean inning against a college team right now. Itís crazy. Jeffrees from Mil is the same way. Electric stuff and had a 1 something ERA last year gets released this year. Treinen with Oakland the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was Jeffrees released? I missed that, if he was. I know Chacin was released.

Was Jeffrees released? I missed that, if he was. I know Chacin was released.
    Yep.

Sounds like he wonít sign anywhere until the offseason. Good buy low option for someone.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast