Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    It's beyond time to start Daniel Jones. But he will not be the starter until Week 7. Our next 4 games are Tampa, Washington, Minnesota, and New England. This team will be, at best, 1-5 through 6 games. We'll have 10 days between New England and Arizona. That's Daniel Jones territory.

I know people thought the offense was fine in Week 1, but it really wasn't. Scored 7 on the 1st drive of the season, 3 on 1st drive of the 2nd half, and 7 in garbage time. It was worse today.

The defense is going to be bad. There's no excuse for certain mistakes, but they at least have the fallback of being full of 1st and 2nd year players. They'll grow together, and hopefully all of our cap room this year will bring in 2 or 3 legitimate defensive playmakers.

But the offense is the concern. You have to help that young defense. Keep them off the field. Avoid 3 and outs. Move the ball. Change field position. They're doing none of that through 2 games. The line looks fine. They have the best back in the NFL in Saquon Barkley. Engram is a good TE. The receivers aren't bad. This is on the 16th year, 2-time Super Bowl MVP veteran QB. He made huge mistakes in Game 1 that killed scoring drives and simply did nothing to elevate the team in Game 2. For a rebuilding team, there's no reason to be out there.

Maybe the Giants still lose both games if Eli plays well. Who really knows. But you can't be thie far into your career and not be an asset. I hate it because he has done so much for this organization, but it's time. We'll trot him out there 4 more times, have the nostalgia of 1 more Eli-Brady matchup, and start looking towards 2020.

The D is young and the secondary has no supporting pass rush. They will learn. Give them a couple of real pass rushers and it will be a lot better overall.

But the offense, despite having an all world RB, solid OL and decent receivers, is completely adynamic and lifeless.

The team is in rebuild mode but they need to accept it and start Jones. Theres zero rational reason left not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Tom Coughlin should go after Eli...I think Eli could help Jacksonville win that division.

Eli is ****ing done, he has nothing left and cant help anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Eli is ****ing done, he has nothing left and cant help anybody.
    What strikes me is that he seems to panic very fast. With every bit of pressure hes on his heels, immediately looking for the short pass to Barkley clearly looking at bark while doing it. Result is a ton of batted passes.

I Was looking at the eagles- falcons game, with Ryan being an interesting comparison since hes also not a qb making plays with his legs, but matty ice truly stays ice cold in the pocket even when pressure is in his face. Eli used to remain calm as well, Im pretty sure there were years in which he was one of the highest rated qbs when facing pressure, but it seems all lost after years of terrible JR olines.

Eli's gonna be 39 in January. Not everyone approaches 40 in top athletic mode - in fact he's much more the norm than the aberration. Brady is the aberration.

It's an incredible credit to him that he's been such an iron man his entire career but his performance is dropping as you'd expect with age.

It's just time. The guy will be an all time legend, second only to LT on the Giants list of Hall of Fame greats. Nothing can take that away. But it's time.
    Last edited by GottaBelieve; 09-17-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Jones to start game 3.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345