Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The special teams also deserves props. They looked far better than I expected. I rarely expect anything in the return game, but a blocked punt, good punting, mostly FG's made, almost a long one too.

I'd grade the defense as an A. Did not expect that, and I think most of the experts (even in fantasy) didn't expect that. Evans did nothing. (I don't play fantasy anymore, but I'm pretty sure SF's D was the top scoring in football)
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    I have to agree with you, I didnít like the play calling. Idk if shanahan got out coached but it seemed the offense was very predictable.
    I think it was a bit of getting Jimmy back into a rythem in live action. A lot of the splashier looking pass plays were negated it seems.

Stupid penalties early but barked it out.
    I saw ALOT of #97 working hard when I had a chance to watch.
    Saleh has no excuses this year

Penalties made it look like a high school game.

Kittle should have had 12 catches for 100+ yards and 2 touchdowns. Stupid bonehead penalties though. Frustrating.

Defense looked decent, but tackling still looks awful. Tons of missed tackles, players not wrapping up at all.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Read a lot on twitter feed about how Bush or White, or Quinnen or Josh Allen would win defensive rookie of the year. There were a couple that said bosa...

After Week 1. Bosa was by far the best. I didn't watch the other guys, but they were mostly absent in the box score.

DK Metcalf 4 catches 89 yards yesterday.

Some of the 2nd year WR's really stood out yesterday. DJ Chark in Jacksonville. Michael Gallup in Dallas...

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Predictions?

Iím calling the surprise blowout of the week...

Niners: 34
    Bucs: 16

Close guess.

I thought we did very well all things considered. Our defense definitely outperformed our offense, but it's week 1. Great win and good way to build some positive momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    DK Metcalf 4 catches 89 yards yesterday.

Some of the 2nd year WR's really stood out yesterday. DJ Chark in Jacksonville. Michael Gallup in Dallas...
    Ross stood out too

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Read a lot on twitter feed about how Bush or White, or Quinnen or Josh Allen would win defensive rookie of the year. There were a couple that said bosa...

After Week 1. Bosa was by far the best. I didn't watch the other guys, but they were mostly absent in the box score.
    Quinnen Williams left the game with an injury. If Bosa stays healthy, I would be surprised if he doesn't get DROY. He's just too good.

Not to make excuses, but part of the offensive line play could be attributed to the heat. It was 95 degrees and humid. Joe Staley joked that he thought he was going to die in the first half and he's probably the most athletic guy on the entire line, so imagine how the heat probably impacted bigger guys like Laken Tomlinson. The Bucs practiced in that heat all summer, so it probably didn't effect them as much. I mean even Robbie Gould got heat cramps and he's on the field for like 5 plays per game.

As per PFF... AJ Brown's 100 receiving yards had 55 come after contact, which is an avg of 18.3 yards after contact per reception. It was vs the Browns, but the Browns don't have slouches in their secondary.

I know these are mostly individual player stuff around the league... So here's more 49er stuff.

Dante Pettis snap count - 2.
    Solomon Thomas snap count - 12.

Deebo led all WR's in snap count w/ 60.

Hope Coleman's ok, but it looks like the team maybe preparing to activate Wilson.

Small sample but encouraging sign given resources spent:

#49ers got pressure on 14 of 33 drop backs when rushing four or fewer at Jameis Winston yesterday. That's a 42.4 percent pressure rate, which is third best in the league so far this week.
    from Twitter.

I know that a lot of people got upset with Saleh during the preseason because Solomon Thomas ended up in coverage and got beat. However, there are actually plays every game when a defensive lineman drops into coverage in zone defenses, but the casual fan doesn't notice because it turns out well for the defense. Solomon Thomas dropping into coverage on Sunday actually led to Sherman's pick-6. If you go watch the replay of that play, you'll see Solomon Thomas drop into coverage and take away OJ Howard, Winston's first option (you should be able to see in the video Winston looking down Howard first), then Winston looks to the second option in his progression and throws it before he's ready due to pressure in the pocket and misses his target throwing it right to Sherman. The casual fan didn't see Thomas, but without Thomas taking away the first option in coverage, that interception doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I know that a lot of people got upset with Saleh during the preseason because Solomon Thomas ended up in coverage and got beat. However, there are actually plays every game when a defensive lineman drops into coverage in zone defenses, but the casual fan doesn't notice because it turns out well for the defense. Solomon Thomas dropping into coverage on Sunday actually led to Sherman's pick-6. If you go watch the replay of that play, you'll see Solomon Thomas drop into coverage and take away OJ Howard, Winston's first option (you should be able to see in the video Winston looking down Howard first), then Winston looks to the second option in his progression and throws it before he's ready due to pressure in the pocket and misses his target throwing it right to Sherman. The casual fan didn't see Thomas, but without Thomas taking away the first option in coverage, that interception doesn't happen.

OJ Howard vs. RB is a little diff.

I get disappointed in Saleh b/c in his first year, he was in charge of the 25th ranked defense and 26th in points allowed. In his second season he was in charge of a defense that finished 28th in points allowed and got very few sacks and turnovers. The proof is in the pudding.

When there's only 32 teams, that is an F...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast