Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 1: 49ers (0-0) @ Buccaneers (0-0)

A new year officially kicks off. Let's have a good year everyone.

They have a chance to get off to a good start with road games against Tampa Bay and Cincinnati followed by two winnable home games against Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

We need to win both of our first two games if we want to make the playoffs this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    We need to win both of our first two games if we want to make the playoffs this year imo.
    They could also probably make the playoffs by losing the first 6 and winning the next 10.

Predictions?

Iím calling the surprise blowout of the week...

Niners: 34
    Bucs: 16

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Predictions?

Iím calling the surprise blowout of the week...

Niners: 34
    Bucs: 16
    49ers: 27
    Bucs: 13

I think we have as many picks today as we had all of last year(2). One by a LB and one by Tarvarius Moore. I expect either Pettis or Deebo to have a big day too, their DL isn't great and CB's are trash.

Well 1 and 0 is always nice. I'll have to wait for any film to come out. 3 INTs (2 for TDs) is a big change. Saw penalties were an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Well 1 and 0 is always nice. I'll have to wait for any film to come out. 3 INTs (2 for TDs) is a big change. Saw penalties were an issue.
    Did you not watch the game?

Defense was fantastic, especially Witherspoon, Ford, Bosa, and Warner.

Offense wasn't great, especially the offensive line (lots of penalties), which hurt the running game and playaction passing. Jimmy Garoppolo had some really nice throws, but some poor throws/decisions. He needs to get more consistent. The talent is there, he just has to do it more consistently. Interesting that Pettis was a backup to Deebo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Did you not watch the game?

Defense was fantastic, especially Witherspoon, Ford, Bosa, and Warner.

Offense wasn't great, especially the offensive line (lots of penalties), which hurt the running game and playaction passing. Jimmy Garoppolo had some really nice throws, but some poor throws/decisions. He needs to get more consistent. The talent is there, he just has to do it more consistently. Interesting that Pettis was a backup to Deebo.
    No I get the distinct honor of working Sundays, so at best, I can get home to see the 2nd half if it's streaming anywhere, if not then ESPN Gamecast arrows are all I see.

I did just watch the highlights, Kittle had a monster day taken away by penalties thats for sure.

I don't want to overreact, whether it's positive or negative, to a week one game but my thoughts, nonetheless:

Defense:
    The secondary looked solid, even though it was against Jameis and the picks were gimmies. They maintained tight coverage most of the time and there weren't any blown coverages that we had so many of last year. Tarvarius Moore only had the one flashy play that was almost a pick six but the fact that there were no big plays is a credit to him imo. Kwon looked good before getting thrown out and Warner continues to make plays. Ford and Bosa played well and are light years better than what we had last year, would've liked to see Buckner make more plays with less attention than in the past but I also think the heat had a factor on the DL. The one negative on the D was tackling and stopping the run. Ronald Jones is garbage and he shredded our D in the second half. Overall good start for the D, loved Ahkello's game. Hopefully Bosa is ok, he was a little gimpy after the last play.

Offense:
    The pick six by Jimmy was awful and he showed a ton of rust and missed a few lay ups, it being his first game in a calendar year I'll give him some leeway, but he HAS to play better. Breida and Mostert looked good, but Coleman might be out for the year which is a pretty big blow. Wasn't a fan of Shanny's playcalling at all in this one. Also hated Pettis not getting on the field, he's better than Kendrick Bourne, there's no damn way he should be out snapping him.

Overall, the offense needs a lot of work and the defense needs to get better at stopping the run, but not gonna complain too much at a 1-0 start.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    No I get the distinct honor of working Sundays, so at best, I can get home to see the 2nd half if it's streaming anywhere, if not then ESPN Gamecast arrows are all I see.

I did just watch the highlights, Kittle had a monster day taken away by penalties thats for sure.
    We had three TDs called back on penalties and had Kwon Alexander ejected on a helmet to helmet. If we can get the penalties cleaned up, we'll be in a good spot.

It's good to see a good pass rush again. As we saw it can only continue to help the secondary. I think you will see the offense get stronger with every game. I hate to continue to see injuries though.
    RUN AS ONE
    ITS THE ROCKETS TIME 2 SHINE
    2020 NBA CHAMPION ROCKETS (COMING TO AN ARENA NEAR YOU)

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    We had three TDs called back on penalties and had Kwon Alexander ejected on a helmet to helmet. If we can get the penalties cleaned up, we'll be in a good spot.
    As soon as he got ejected you could see how much they missed him. I was very impressed with hum

Good road win, looks like the Dline is as advertised. I had to miss much of the game b/c of family stuff and just got back from vegas.

Watching 2nd half now...
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I don't want to overreact, whether it's positive or negative, to a week one game but my thoughts, nonetheless:

Defense:
    The secondary looked solid, even though it was against Jameis and the picks were gimmies. They maintained tight coverage most of the time and there weren't any blown coverages that we had so many of last year. Tarvarius Moore only had the one flashy play that was almost a pick six but the fact that there were no big plays is a credit to him imo. Kwon looked good before getting thrown out and Warner continues to make plays. Ford and Bosa played well and are light years better than what we had last year, would've liked to see Buckner make more plays with less attention than in the past but I also think the heat had a factor on the DL. The one negative on the D was tackling and stopping the run. Ronald Jones is garbage and he shredded our D in the second half. Overall good start for the D, loved Ahkello's game. Hopefully Bosa is ok, he was a little gimpy after the last play.

Offense:
    The pick six by Jimmy was awful and he showed a ton of rust and missed a few lay ups, it being his first game in a calendar year I'll give him some leeway, but he HAS to play better. Breida and Mostert looked good, but Coleman might be out for the year which is a pretty big blow. Wasn't a fan of Shanny's playcalling at all in this one. Also hated Pettis not getting on the field, he's better than Kendrick Bourne, there's no damn way he should be out snapping him.

Overall, the offense needs a lot of work and the defense needs to get better at stopping the run, but not gonna complain too much at a 1-0 start.
    I have to agree with you, I didnít like the play calling. Idk if shanahan got out coached but it seemed the offense was very predictable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast