Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
OK then.. now that al the trolls in this forum rushed to reply with their "Einstein" level solutions and the dust has settled a bit... let's resume the situation!:

1. The Nets need a starting PF (but most probably two PFs) that should be of the PF/sbCF kind of players because they have none in the roster and they need to support a possible Jordan/Allen injury, as well as "in game fouling situations" that are usually linked with "bigs" (especially if it is a physical game)...
Why? You act as if traditional PF is still a necessary position in today's NBA. It's not. More and more teams are playing with small ball lineups with tweener forwards at the 4 than ever before. It's almost more important to have a 4 that can shoot the 3-pointer and defend out to the perimeter than it is to have a 4 who can rebound and defend in in the paint.

The Rockets are the perfect example of this. Hell, look at your own Bucks. They don't really have a traditional 4 either starting either. Giannis is more like a long 3 than a traditional 4.

2. Trolls ignore the issue and insist on proposing Melos, kurucs, kukurukous too, but Goofy as well as Mikey mouse...
Who is Mikey Mouse? Is he related to Mickey or Minnie in some way?

3. I don't doubt that there are some that will propose Covington to pay sbCF, but I'm sure there will be some more (trolls of course) that will propose ...trading rubbish to the Kings for... Nemanja Bjelica!

4. The options the Nets have are:

a). To trade with the Raptors for Ibaka (too costly, they won't even consider it IMO)...

b). To trade with the Knicks for Randle in December (the Knicks will ask back for KD's contract, therefore the Nets wouldn't even dare to pick the phone and call).
c). To try and trade with the Pacers for Sabonis... this makes sense, but it will cost the moon and the sun... I don't know if the Nets are prepared to face the cost of it, but it will be much more than Dinwiddie... (not salary wise, but cost wise)... it may even require to "eat" a bad contract out of a 3rd team deal...
d). To negotiate a trade for Dinwiddie with the Bucks for Ilyasova... This looks the most sensible to me... I would of course examine trading for Sabonis before to its limits if was the Nets... but trading Dinwiddie for Ilyasova and get some return back, could well end up to be the only sensible thing the Nets have as the optimum available solution...
No, these are not the only options. I already mentioned three guys in my previous post without hardly any thought at all, and I guarantee you there are probably 15-20 other guys who could probably competently play starting PF in the right circumstances. I'm guessing your response was deleted, which is unfortunate. It's a bummer that you can't have a civil conversation about basketball and act like an adult without insulting others and having all of your posts deleted.