Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Huge problem for the NETs at PF... how do they solve it? (suggest)

IMO, the Nets not only need some one to take the starting PF spot in their roster, but they also need the player which will take the job to be a PF/sbCF type of player, rather than the (easier to find) SF/PF type of player...

They need that type of player because other than having Chandler for SF/PF (even if he will have to be missed for 25 games), they also have KD to eventually be back for next season, but also because they need to have a solution in order to back up Jordan/Allen in case an injury occurs, or if a foul problem within the "bigs" appears in the most foul-vulnerable position (CF) within the roster...

However, there is an obvious shortage within the league in the position and therefore PFs/sbCFs aren't available through free agency, nor they can be easily obtained through a trade...

In any case, the most obvious solution that can be feasible for the NETs I can see, is to try and get Ilyasova through a trade from the Bucks who are "rich" with bigs... It will cost the Nets Dinwiddie in order to get him, but I suspect the Bucks would be prepared to through a little "smth" in the deal in order to sweeten the (hard to swallow) peel for the Nets...

I believe that Dinwiddie for Ilyasova + Jaylen Adams + 2x2nd picks (via Pacers), or smth similar, is among the very possible trades to happen in the near future...

Please suggest other alternatives the Nets may have...

I would shift Jarrett Allen to PF and have DeAndre Jordan at C or keep Allen at the 5 but shift Jordan over to the 4

3. 09-04-2019, 11:54 AM
    Reason
    insults

It seems to me there is more demand for SF/PF than PF/C

5. 09-04-2019, 12:27 PM
    Reason
    insults and replies to insults

This feels like a thread created just to pitch a totally random, not especially logical Bucks-specific trade idea.

1. I wouldn't call it a "huge problem," because nobody expects the Nets to contend this season without Durant anyway. They have an entire year to build up chemistry and get the roster right before KD gets healthy and they contend for real. There's no need to rush that roster.

2. Even if it is a problem the Nets feel like they need to address, why is Ilyasova necessarily the best solution to the problem? There are 28 other teams they could go to if they want to acquire a player, and I see zero reason for them to push a Dinwiddie for Ilyasova deal right now, especially given that Dinwiddie is a much younger, much better, much more valuable basketball player today than Ilyasova is. If they are looking to shop Dinwiddie to bring in a PF, they could do much, much better than Ilyasova, IMO.

I get that you love the Bucks man, but everything about this thread makes no sense.

As a Nets fan I’d say ‘no thanks’. Dinwiddie is too rich for a journeyman. I’m comfortable rolling with what we have.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

8. 09-04-2019, 12:57 PM
    Reason

9. 09-04-2019, 01:04 PM
    Reason

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I would shift Jarrett Allen to PF and have DeAndre Jordan at C or keep Allen at the 5 but shift Jordan over to the 4
    Man, that would be some poor spacing, but most likely what they opt to do.

11. 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM
    Reason

12. 09-04-2019, 01:24 PM
    Reason

13. 09-04-2019, 01:31 PM
    Reason

14. 09-04-2019, 01:48 PM
    Reason

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Horrible trade suggestion as always from the trade suggestion troll.

Nets need Dinwiddie in case Kyrie gets injured or needs rest. Lack of PF is much less of an issue than lack of playmakers. With Durant out, the Nets have nobody that can create outside of Kyrie, Levert, and Dinwiddie. If Kyrie even needs 1 game rest Dinwiddie is hugely important.

Much easier to sign or trade for a PF.
    I actually think they could play Dinwiddie and Kyrie on the floor at the same time if they wanted to. Dinwiddie's length allows them that flexibility, and they could stagger he and Kyrie so that either guy is on the floor at all times, similar to what Houston did the last two years with Paul and Harden.

But I could see him coming off the bench, too, and I think he would be a killer 6th man. I'm really curious to see what their rotations will end up looking like.

Prince/Chandler can hold it down for a year, its not really a big deal.

I imagine they roll out Kyrie/Lavert/Harris/Chandler/DJ. Just slide Prince in until Chandler gets off his suspension.

17. 09-04-2019, 02:51 PM
    Reason

Why would you trade your likely 6th man for an 11th man? Allen will play both big positions and Durant will play both forward positions. Prince and Chandler fill in. Trading Dinwiddie seems shortsighted, but I guess this is the type of thing that comes up when your team is suddenly relevant again. The Nets are far from being in win-now mode. They have multi-year deals from two players among the best at their positions. No reason to trade away your pieces that fit around them for a band-aid..

19. 09-04-2019, 02:57 PM
    Reason

20. 09-04-2019, 03:01 PM
    Reason

21. 09-04-2019, 03:11 PM
    Reason

22. 09-04-2019, 03:14 PM
    Reason

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Who is starting PF for the Nets?

"Prince and Chandler fill in." Question: Are you nuts?
    That you think Illyasova is a starting caliber PF or would play minutes over Chandler and Prince says pretty much everything about this thread.

24. 09-04-2019, 03:49 PM
    Reason
    insults

Stop calling other users names. Stay on topic. Maybe this thread can actually go somewhere.

OK then.. now that al the trolls in this forum rushed to reply with their "Einstein" level solutions and the dust has settled a bit... let's resume the situation!:

1. The Nets need a starting PF (but most probably two PFs) that should be of the PF/sbCF kind of players because they have none in the roster and they need to support a possible Jordan/Allen injury, as well as "in game fouling situations" that are usually linked with "bigs" (especially if it is a physical game)...

2. Trolls ignore the issue and insist on proposing Melos, kurucs, kukurukous too, but Goofy as well as Mikey mouse...

3. I don't doubt that there are some that will propose Covington to pay sbCF, but I'm sure there will be some more (trolls of course) that will propose ...trading rubbish to the Kings for... Nemanja Bjelica!

4. The options the Nets have are:

a). To trade with the Raptors for Ibaka (too costly, they won't even consider it IMO)...

b). To trade with the Knicks for Randle in December (the Knicks will ask back for KD's contract, therefore the Nets wouldn't even dare to pick the phone and call).
    c). To try and trade with the Pacers for Sabonis... this makes sense, but it will cost the moon and the sun... I don't know if the Nets are prepared to face the cost of it, but it will be much more than Dinwiddie... (not salary wise, but cost wise)... it may even require to "eat" a bad contract out of a 3rd team deal...
    d). To negotiate a trade for Dinwiddie with the Bucks for Ilyasova... This looks the most sensible to me... I would of course examine trading for Sabonis before to its limits if was the Nets... but trading Dinwiddie for Ilyasova and get some return back, could well end up to be the only sensible thing the Nets have as the optimum available solution...

Nah, we’re good. See you in the playoffs.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Nah, we’re good. See you in the playoffs.

-Stork

Sure you are... but I'm afraid you won't "see" the Bucks in the playoffs if you insist to play Koukouroukous or Goofy at PF...

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Sure you are... but I'm afraid you won't "see" the Bucks in the playoffs if you insist to play Koukouroukous or Goofy at PF...
    Who’s the troll little brother?

Good luck peddling your journeyman...maybe you can get a late 2nd rounder out of it.

-Stork

-tippa irie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast