Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,284
    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    OK then.. now that al the trolls in this forum rushed to reply with their "Einstein" level solutions and the dust has settled a bit... let's resume the situation!:

    1. The Nets need a starting PF (but most probably two PFs) that should be of the PF/sbCF kind of players because they have none in the roster and they need to support a possible Jordan/Allen injury, as well as "in game fouling situations" that are usually linked with "bigs" (especially if it is a physical game)...
    Why? You act as if traditional PF is still a necessary position in today's NBA. It's not. More and more teams are playing with small ball lineups with tweener forwards at the 4 than ever before. It's almost more important to have a 4 that can shoot the 3-pointer and defend out to the perimeter than it is to have a 4 who can rebound and defend in in the paint.

    The Rockets are the perfect example of this. Hell, look at your own Bucks. They don't really have a traditional 4 either starting either. Giannis is more like a long 3 than a traditional 4.

    2. Trolls ignore the issue and insist on proposing Melos, kurucs, kukurukous too, but Goofy as well as Mikey mouse...
    Who is Mikey Mouse? Is he related to Mickey or Minnie in some way?

    3. I don't doubt that there are some that will propose Covington to pay sbCF, but I'm sure there will be some more (trolls of course) that will propose ...trading rubbish to the Kings for... Nemanja Bjelica!

    4. The options the Nets have are:

    a). To trade with the Raptors for Ibaka (too costly, they won't even consider it IMO)...

    b). To trade with the Knicks for Randle in December (the Knicks will ask back for KD's contract, therefore the Nets wouldn't even dare to pick the phone and call).
    c). To try and trade with the Pacers for Sabonis... this makes sense, but it will cost the moon and the sun... I don't know if the Nets are prepared to face the cost of it, but it will be much more than Dinwiddie... (not salary wise, but cost wise)... it may even require to "eat" a bad contract out of a 3rd team deal...
    d). To negotiate a trade for Dinwiddie with the Bucks for Ilyasova... This looks the most sensible to me... I would of course examine trading for Sabonis before to its limits if was the Nets... but trading Dinwiddie for Ilyasova and get some return back, could well end up to be the only sensible thing the Nets have as the optimum available solution...
    No, these are not the only options. I already mentioned three guys in my previous post without hardly any thought at all, and I guarantee you there are probably 15-20 other guys who could probably competently play starting PF in the right circumstances. I'm guessing your response was deleted, which is unfortunate. It's a bummer that you can't have a civil conversation about basketball and act like an adult without insulting others and having all of your posts deleted.


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Who’s the troll little brother?

    Good luck peddling your journeyman...maybe you can get a late 2nd rounder out of it.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are the troll "little brother"... obviously you didn't watch what Ilyasova did to team USA the evening before and you also think that a team can challenge the Bucks without a single PF in it's roster... I bet all your basketball knowledge comes from playing games in your PC and watching TV highlights... You've never have played the game, or watched a game before in your entire life... and even if you have watched a game, you never could understand what's happening in it...

    Therefore you come with "video game" solutions (like playing Koukourukous in starting PF or Goofy or other cartoon) for the Nets which by definition prooves you a troll... QED... see?

    By the way... Ilyasova has been starting PF with all teams he's ever been with, but only in his last season with the Bucks... I guess you think that to trade him for Dinwiddie he should be starting over a player called Giannis, don't you? Idiot!

    Did it ever cross your mind in a Nets vs.... Nets game who wins? Is it the Nets with a starting PF, or the Nets without... is it the Nets with their back up PG taking some mins, or the Nets with other back up guard taking minutes and a PF in the roster? ....Eeeeh idiot, what it is? How does it work in your video game?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Why? You act as if traditional PF is still a necessary position in today's NBA. It's not. More and more teams are playing with small ball lineups with tweener forwards at the 4 than ever before. It's almost more important to have a 4 that can shoot the 3-pointer and defend out to the perimeter than it is to have a 4 who can rebound and defend in in the paint.

    The Rockets are the perfect example of this. Hell, look at your own Bucks. They don't really have a traditional 4 either starting either. Giannis is more like a long 3 than a traditional 4.


    Who is Mikey Mouse? Is he related to Mickey or Minnie in some way?


    No, these are not the only options. I already mentioned three guys in my previous post without hardly any thought at all, and I guarantee you there are probably 15-20 other guys who could probably competently play starting PF in the right circumstances. I'm guessing your response was deleted, which is unfortunate. It's a bummer that you can't have a civil conversation about basketball and act like an adult without insulting others and having all of your posts deleted.
    I was late to put you in my ignore mate... Sorry... I had to suffer more of your BS... It won't happen again, I promise!

    EDIT: Thank you for teaching us how modern basketball is played without (enough)... "bigs" anyway! We've learned some more out of you than the other trolls have ever taught us here!
    Last edited by buckalis; 09-04-2019 at 05:07 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    OK guys... can we have an alternative that makes sense here or not? Please keep with the subject anyway...

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It seems to me there is more demand for SF/PF than PF/C
    It does, doesn't it? Do the Nets that are the ones under the discussion here are possible "customers" for a SF/PF wing, or do they need a PF/sbCF is the Q here if I may remind you...

    Therefore failing to answer the question in the O/P but diverting the easy to understand subject instead, is by definition a troll's action...

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    OK then.. now that al the trolls in this forum rushed to reply with their "Einstein" level solutions and the dust has settled a bit... let's resume the situation!:

    1. The Nets need a starting PF (but most probably two PFs) that should be of the PF/sbCF kind of players because they have none in the roster and they need to support a possible Jordan/Allen injury, as well as "in game fouling situations" that are usually linked with "bigs" (especially if it is a physical game)...

    2. Trolls ignore the issue and insist on proposing Melos, kurucs, kukurukous too, but Goofy as well as Mikey mouse...

    3. I don't doubt that there are some that will propose Covington to pay sbCF, but I'm sure there will be some more (trolls of course) that will propose ...trading rubbish to the Kings for... Nemanja Bjelica!

    4. The (real) options the Nets have are:

    a). To trade with the Raptors for Ibaka (too costly, they won't even consider it IMO)...

    b). To trade with the Knicks for Randle in December (the Knicks will ask back for KD's contract, therefore the Nets wouldn't even dare to pick the phone and call).
    c). To try and trade with the Pacers for Sabonis... now this makes sense, but it will cost the moon and the sun... I don't know if the Nets are prepared to face the cost of it, but it will be much more than Dinwiddie... (not salary wise, but cost wise)... it may even require to "eat" a bad contract out of a 3rd team deal in order to get Sabonis off the Pacers IMO...
    d). To negotiate a trade for Dinwiddie with the Bucks for Ilyasova... This looks the most sensible to me... I would of course examine trading for Sabonis before up to its limits if was the head of the Nets FO... but trading Dinwiddie for Ilyasova and get some return back, could well end up to be the only sensible thing the Nets have as the optimum available solution...

    That is unless I miss something... please suggest if I have (missed something)...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,123
    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    You are the troll "little brother"... obviously you didn't watch what Ilyasova did to team USA the evening before and you also think that a team can challenge the Bucks without a single PF in it's roster... I bet all your basketball knowledge comes from playing games in your PC and watching TV highlights... You've never have played the game, or watched a game before in your entire life... and even if you have watched a game, you never could understand what's happening in it...

    Therefore you come with "video game" solutions (like playing Koukourukous in starting PF or Goofy or other cartoon) for the Nets which by definition prooves you a troll... QED... see?

    By the way... Ilyasova has been starting PF with all teams he's ever been with, but only in his last season with the Bucks... I guess you think that to trade him for Dinwiddie he should be starting over a player called Giannis, don't you? Idiot!

    Did it ever cross your mind in a Nets vs.... Nets game who wins? Is it the Nets with a starting PF, or the Nets without... is it the Nets with their back up PG taking some mins, or the Nets with other back up guard taking minutes and a PF in the roster? ....Eeeeh idiot, what it is? How does it work in your video game?
    I think you need a time out, you’re getting a little too worked up...over-stimulated.

    See you in the playoffs.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,859
    Yeah dude, once again, Prince and Chandler will be able to get them along fine for one season in the East.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I think you need a time out, you’re getting a little too worked up...over-stimulated.

    See you in the playoffs.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What playoffs are you talking about? Is it the Nets playing the Bucks?

    How the Nets will ever make it to the playoffs without a PF at all is the question here... remember?

    Therefore it's better if you inform people here on what you suggest the solution should be in PF, or I can bet you all you want that the Nets are out from the East playoffs this season...

    There is a saying which states: "You can't have all the food consumed and the dog not being hungry at the same time"... think about it in your stupid arrogance...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,816
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I actually think they could play Dinwiddie and Kyrie on the floor at the same time if they wanted to. Dinwiddie's length allows them that flexibility, and they could stagger he and Kyrie so that either guy is on the floor at all times, similar to what Houston did the last two years with Paul and Harden.

    But I could see him coming off the bench, too, and I think he would be a killer 6th man. I'm really curious to see what their rotations will end up looking like.
    They most likely will. I expect Levert and Harris to see plenty of time at SF while Durant is out, along with plenty of Dinwiddie at SG like you mention.

    There will be a bunch of PFs available on the buyout market / international free agent market come March if it's a problem. There are also a bunch of lower level moves to be made in the trade market. And there are still guys available: Melo, Casspi, Jerebko, etc. I actually believe they will start Prince at PF, and he'll be better there than any other "Mikey Mouse" trade suggestion someone could conjure. He's 6'8" and will be a dynamic small ball PF.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    Re-setting the subject which trolls keep diverting...

    OK then.. let's resume the situation and hope that all the trolls in this forum won't keep trying to off rail it (I'll make sure they won't)...

    1. The Nets need a starting PF (but most probably two PFs) that both ,,should be of the PF/sbCF kind of players, because they have none in their roster and they need to support a possible Jordan/Allen injury, as well as "in game fouling situations" that are usually linked with "bigs" (especially if it is a physical game)...

    2. Trolls ignore the issue and insist on proposing Melos, kurucs, kukurukous too, but Goofy as well as Mikey mouse...

    3. I don't doubt that there are some that will propose Covington next to pay sbCF, but I'm sure there will be some more (trolls of course) that will propose ...trading rubbish to the Kings for... Nemanja Bjelica and would suggest him to play sbCF...!

    4. The (real) options the Nets have are:

    a). To trade with the Raptors for Ibaka (too costly, they won't even consider it IMO)...

    b). To trade with the Knicks for Randle in December (the Knicks will ask back for KD's contract, therefore the Nets wouldn't even dare to pick the phone and call).
    c). To try and trade with the Pacers for Sabonis... now this makes sense, but it will cost the moon and the sun... I don't know if the Nets are prepared to face the cost of it, but it will be much more than Dinwiddie... (not salary wise, but cost wise)... it may even require to "eat" a bad contract out of a 3rd team deal in order to get Sabonis off the Pacers IMO...
    d). To negotiate a trade for Dinwiddie with the Bucks for Ilyasova... This looks the most sensible to me... I would of course examine trading for Sabonis before up to its limits if was the head of the Nets FO... but trading Dinwiddie for Ilyasova and get some return back, could well end up to be the only sensible thing the Nets have as the optimum available solution...

    That is unless I miss something... please suggest if I have (missed something)...

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,123
    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    What playoffs are you talking about? Is it the Nets playing the Bucks?

    How the Nets will ever make it to the playoffs without a PF at all is the question here... remember?

    Therefore it's better if you inform people here on what you suggest the solution should be in PF, or I can bet you all you want that the Nets are out from the East playoffs this season...

    There is a saying which states: "You can't have all the food consumed and the dog not being hungry at the same time"... think about it in your stupid arrogance...
    I answered you ages ago, keep up.

    That trade is terrible, no thanks. We have what we need.

    Get it?

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    They most likely will. I expect Levert and Harris to see plenty of time at SF while Durant is out, along with plenty of Dinwiddie at SG like you mention.

    There will be a bunch of PFs available on the buyout market / international free agent market come March if it's a problem. There are also a bunch of lower level moves to be made in the trade market. And there are still guys available: Melo, Casspi, Jerebko, etc. I actually believe they will start Prince at PF, and he'll be better there than any other "Mikey Mouse" trade suggestion someone could conjure. He's 6'8" and will be a dynamic small ball PF.
    Prince at PF would be great! Even Dinwiddie would do...! They would both surely secure Jordan/Allen rotation, they would be great to replace Jordan & Allen when they are loaded with fouls or injured and they will block Giannis too...

    Only thing that remains is for you to wake up and pay a visit to a psychiatrist that can deal with your mental situation...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,048
    Re-setting the subject which trolls keep diverting...

    OK then.. let's resume the situation and hope that all the trolls in this forum won't keep trying to off rail it (I'll make sure they won't)...

    1. The Nets need a starting PF (but most probably two PFs) that both ,,should be of the PF/sbCF kind of players, because they have none in their roster and they need to support a possible Jordan/Allen injury, as well as "in game fouling situations" that are usually linked with "bigs" (especially if it is a physical game)...

    2. Trolls ignore the issue and insist on proposing Melos, kurucs, kukurukous too, but Goofy as well as Mikey mouse...

    3. I don't doubt that there are some that will propose Covington next to pay sbCF, but I'm sure there will be some more (trolls of course) that will propose ...trading rubbish to the Kings for... Nemanja Bjelica and would suggest him to play sbCF...!

    4. The (real) options the Nets have are:

    a). To trade with the Raptors for Ibaka (too costly, they won't even consider it IMO)...

    b). To trade with the Knicks for Randle in December (the Knicks will ask back for KD's contract, therefore the Nets wouldn't even dare to pick the phone and call).
    c). To try and trade with the Pacers for Sabonis... now this makes sense, but it will cost the moon and the sun... I don't know if the Nets are prepared to face the cost of it, but it will be much more than Dinwiddie... (not salary wise, but cost wise)... it may even require to "eat" a bad contract out of a 3rd team deal in order to get Sabonis off the Pacers IMO...
    d). To negotiate a trade for Dinwiddie with the Bucks for Ilyasova... This looks the most sensible to me... I would of course examine trading for Sabonis before up to its limits if was the head of the Nets FO... but trading Dinwiddie for Ilyasova and get some return back, could well end up to be the only sensible thing the Nets have as the optimum available solution...

    That is unless I miss something... please suggest if I have (missed something)...

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,717
    In 11 years on this board, I've never been suspended, never been pointed, and had like one post removed. I didn't even know points existed until they removed a bunch of them from people. More than that's happened just in this thread.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •