Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Anyone who calls the 5, C or center a "center forward/CF" is clearly just trolling.

I joined to talk hoops and it's impossible with this dude around, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Anyone who calls the 5, C or center a "center forward/CF" is clearly just trolling.

I joined to talk hoops and it's impossible with this dude around, smh.
    I certainly agree... Anybody that calls one what he is, he should be burned into fire... Centers are just centers... they are not CENTER FOOKING FORWARDS! (CFs)

EDIT: Ignore list for another troll here!
    Last edited by buckalis; 09-04-2019 at 11:41 PM.

here is the subject again then if we can avoid the trolls...

Let's resume the situation and hope that all the trolls in this forum won't keep trying to off rail it (I'll make sure they won't)...

1. The Nets need a starting PF (but most probably two PFs) that both... should be of the PF/sbCF kind of players, because they have none in their roster and they need to support a possible Jordan/Allen injury, as well as "in game fouling situations" that are usually linked with "bigs" (especially if it is a physical game)...

2. Trolls ignore the issue and insist on proposing Melos, kurucs, kukurukous too, but Goofy as well as Mikey mouse...

3. I don't doubt that there are some that will propose Covington next to pay sbCF, but I'm sure there will be some more (trolls of course) that will propose ...trading rubbish to the Kings for... Nemanja Bjelica and would suggest for him to play sbCF...!

4. The (real) options the Nets have are:

a). To trade with the Raptors for Ibaka (too costly, they won't even consider it IMO)...

b). To trade with the Knicks for Randle in December (the Knicks will ask back for KD's contract, therefore the Nets wouldn't even dare to pick the phone and call).
    c). To try and trade with the Pacers for Sabonis... now this makes sense, but it will cost the moon and the sun... I don't know if the Nets are prepared to face the cost of it, but it will be much more than Dinwiddie... (not salary wise, but cost wise)... it may even require to "eat" a bad contract out of a 3rd team deal in order to get Sabonis off the Pacers IMO...
    d). To negotiate a trade for Dinwiddie with the Bucks for Ilyasova... This looks the most sensible to me... I would of course examine trading for Sabonis before up to its limits if was the head of the Nets FO... but trading Dinwiddie for Ilyasova and get some return back, could well end up to be the only sensible thing the Nets have as the optimum available solution...

That is unless I miss something... please suggest if I have... (missed something)...

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    But off course the Rockets are an excellent example of how things work... who can deny that? They have won everything out of anything all these later seasons... or haven't they?
    Wait, you can't be this ridiculously unaware to believe that the Rockets haven't been successful, can you?

If the Nets can finish with a top 5 record in the NBA and advance to the 2nd round (like the Rockets have done the past 3 seasons straight) without Durant the season will have been a successby anyone's standards who has a brain. The Nets can only hope they can be as successful in the next 2 seasons.

I'm going to LMAO when you get banned. Grow up and learn how to discuss basketball like someone who's hit puberty.
    Last edited by beasted86; 09-05-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    here is the subject again then if we can avoid the trolls...

Let's resume the situation and hope that all the trolls in this forum won't keep trying to off rail it (I'll make sure they won't)...

1. The Nets need a starting PF (but most probably two PFs) that both... should be of the PF/sbCF kind of players, because they have none in their roster and they need to support a possible Jordan/Allen injury, as well as "in game fouling situations" that are usually linked with "bigs" (especially if it is a physical game)...

2. Trolls ignore the issue and insist on proposing Melos, kurucs, kukurukous too, but Goofy as well as Mikey mouse...

3. I don't doubt that there are some that will propose Covington next to pay sbCF, but I'm sure there will be some more (trolls of course) that will propose ...trading rubbish to the Kings for... Nemanja Bjelica and would suggest for him to play sbCF...!

4. The (real) options the Nets have are:

a). To trade with the Raptors for Ibaka (too costly, they won't even consider it IMO)...

b). To trade with the Knicks for Randle in December (the Knicks will ask back for KD's contract, therefore the Nets wouldn't even dare to pick the phone and call).
    c). To try and trade with the Pacers for Sabonis... now this makes sense, but it will cost the moon and the sun... I don't know if the Nets are prepared to face the cost of it, but it will be much more than Dinwiddie... (not salary wise, but cost wise)... it may even require to "eat" a bad contract out of a 3rd team deal in order to get Sabonis off the Pacers IMO...
    d). To negotiate a trade for Dinwiddie with the Bucks for Ilyasova... This looks the most sensible to me... I would of course examine trading for Sabonis before up to its limits if was the head of the Nets FO... but trading Dinwiddie for Ilyasova and get some return back, could well end up to be the only sensible thing the Nets have as the optimum available solution...

That is unless I miss something... please suggest if I have... (missed something)...
    this has gotta be considered spam at this point right? @mods

Why is it a huge problem?

They're going to play small and fast just like they did last year when they had similar issues.

Kyrie
    LeVert
    Harris
    Prince
    Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    You repeatedly show your horrible awareness in basketball IQ.

They don't need another "big PF". The easiest example is the Rockets who have set the blueprint for this structure. The Rockets have had far more success with Ariza, Mbah a Moute, or Tucker at PF next to Capela and than any lineup with a traditional PF next to him (Ryan Anderson, Terrence Jones, etc). The Rockets have had multiple deep playoff runs in the West with this composition.

The fact this needs to be explained to you says a lot.
    Yup. Ageed. They got two good rebounding shot blocking C's in Jordan and Allen. What they need out of a PF because neither can shoot, is someone that can keep another threat out of the lane.

Besides, there's always the buyout market and trade market. They aren't going to get some stud, but yearly someone with a decent impact gets out there.

I started to delete all of the off-topic, trolling, and insulting posts in this thread but then there is no thread left. If someone wants to actually discuss the Nets please create a new thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234