Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1395
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Bummer, I really wanted to see what he had to offer.
    I'm ok with it... Give him the season to bulk up and learn the responsibilities of the new position. It's almost like when QBs used to get redshirted their rookie year.

I can't wait until next season to see if this kid is with the hype though. The Raiders really need someone with enough size to play close to the line of scrimmage and challenge TEs but with the coverage skills to play man coverage against TEs like Waller. Every team in the league does bc such a player hasn't come around yet, someone that is equal parts Roy Williams and Charles Woodson. I don't think Muse will be that guy, but he does have the right height and speed.

Semi-related, but Thomas Howard might be elite if he was in HS and training to play in today's NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    I'm ok with it... Give him the season to bulk up and learn the responsibilities of the new position. It's almost like when QBs used to get redshirted their rookie year.

I can't wait until next season to see if this kid is with the hype though. The Raiders really need someone with enough size to play close to the line of scrimmage and challenge TEs but with the coverage skills to play man coverage against TEs like Waller. Every team in the league does bc such a player hasn't come around yet, someone that is equal parts Roy Williams and Charles Woodson. I don't think Muse will be that guy, but he does have the right height and speed.

Semi-related, but Thomas Howard might be elite if he was in HS and training to play in today's NFL.
    Agreed. Bulking up when you are not actually playing during a season is a lot easier to accomplish. The kid could be special.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Refs trying to help KC out as usual

Carolina the better team today

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Refs trying to help KC out as usual

Carolina the better team today
    Why the hell did Caroline go for an on-sides kick with 10:00 minutes to go?

Okay I have watched back 3 weeks of film on the Raiders defense in particular our tackling. I am only going to say this, we need to stay on our feet when tackling rather than diving at people, but I think we are diving because we generally are not in the right place to stay on our feet and our angles have been poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Why the hell did Caroline go for an on-sides kick with 10:00 minutes to go?
    Because they’d seen the refs give KC penalties every time they got in front. After a while it’s just pointless. Late out of bounds personal foul calls when contact is initiated inbounds is a classic. Spurious hands to face, holding calls always on key downs or when drives are stalling. New England used to get these now its KCs turn.

It looks like Charles Woodson and Tom Flores could both go into the HOF this year. Richard Seymour also has a chance, but I don't know if it's a strong one.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    It looks like Charles Woodson and Tom Flores could both go into the HOF this year. Richard Seymour also has a chance, but I don't know if it's a strong one.
    More importantly, Woodson looks like he will go in as a Raider and not a packer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raiders owner Mark Davis buys WNBA franchise Las Vegas Aces

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/1349802303705018370

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Raiders owner Mark Davis buys WNBA franchise Las Vegas Aces

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/1349802303705018370
    Good to see Mark expanding the empire. Could an NBA team be far behind?

So, one question about this as well, for all those years we've said the Raiders can't afford to pay players, what's their excuse now?

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

I mean the NBA has stated recently they are open to adding two franchises but were wanting 2.5 Billion. Unless Mark has partners not sure that one happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkett4HoF View Post
    So, one question about this as well, for all those years we've said the Raiders can't afford to pay players, what's their excuse now?

My first thought as well...unless WNBA teams are THAT cheap haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkett4HoF View Post

I mean there have been rumors for years about Raiders being broke but it never made sense. Salaries are paid by the league. In addition is the league requires you to spend like 90% of the total cap equal to 3 years every 3 seasons so not like you can just not pay players and pocket the money.

Raiders havent been willing to pay big signing bonuses but I just think thats just a front office philosophy of limited limiting salary cap traps.

Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast