Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Burrow will go #1. If Tua's medicals are good he likely goes top 5 to Miami still. Not sure 2 mid 1sts get above 5 to get Tua.

That basically leaves us with these choices:
    Jalen Hurts: struggled at Alabama before going to OU and having a descent year? More athletic is OUs system hiding his flaws?

Justin Herbert: Reminds me of Carr 2.0

Jordan Love: Besides maybe Burrow Love is the most physically talented of the group. Also the most raw and was up and down in college.

Jacob Eason: Similar to Love, talented but inconsistent. Flaws in his mechanics.

Jake Fromm: Reminds me of Andy Dalton. Descent arm, descent decision making. High floor, low ceiling type guy.

I'm not sure this is the draft to replace Carr. As inconsistent as he has been besides Burrow no one is clearly better than Carr(Tua's medicals scare me long term).
    Good breakdown, which is why I donít want to touch a QB in the 1st round..... Bears fans want Derek Carr, asked a number of them and all want him... hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    No one should think they will find Mahomes 2.0 or Brady 2.0 or Brees 2.0 or Marino 2.0...it's going to be crazy when teams look for the next Jackson, Mahomes, or Watson...they could be getting a Manziel or Rodney Peete or Matt Leinert.

Mahomes is a special talent, the Chiefs figured that out...others did not. Why? Because drafting the right guy is HARD, it's a crap shoot. Who'd have thought Mahomie would be that fricking good? Andy Frickin' Reid, that's it.
    Reid is an offensive genius. I think you can plug in a lot of guys into that spot, and they still win. They won with Smith, and I think whoever replaces Mahomes will be just as successful.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Good breakdown, which is why I donít want to touch a QB in the 1st round..... Bears fans want Derek Carr, asked a number of them and all want him... hmmmm
    After Burrow Id consider Love in round 1 but Im not trading up to get him.Overall not big on drafting a QB round 1 this draft but Love has all the tools you want in a QB. If Gruden really is a QB guru then Love is the QB you would want to go after.

After Burrow Id consider Love in round 1 but Im not trading up to get him.Overall not big on drafting a QB round 1 this draft but Love has all the tools you want in a QB. If Gruden really is a QB guru then Love is the QB you would want to go after.
    Sums up my point exactly. Others are too rich for Raider's pick or too big a risk.

Answering Wolfe, I'm not necessarily the first in saying he could be 2.0, others have, he has a similar skill set. All about whether or not Gruden is a quarterback whisperer like Reid.
    Last edited by Plunkett4HoF; 12-02-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Carr would be a disaster with a kid QB sitting behind him. There is no way his delicate ego could handle that with any measure of grace.

If we draft a QB, he should be historical.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Donít even know why this is a discussion. We are not drafting a QB in the first round. Maybe the third or later in the draft.

Because folks are finally starting to understand you canít win important games when your QB requires everything to go exactly according to a plan...and that said plan needs to be devised 100% based on the needs of said QB.

Makes for an insanely small margin for error.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    Donít even know why this is a discussion. We are not drafting a QB in the first round. Maybe the third or later in the draft.
    We really dont know that. Currently Carr is Grudens QB. I like Carr, I'm still rooting for him but he has been pretty inconsistent and it makes it difficult to win tough games. Gruden has worked out a variety of QBs since he re-joined the Raiders. All it takes is 1 to make him want to move on from Carr.

All this talk about drafting a QB when we can just sign Hundley in the off-season [emoji108]

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    All this talk about drafting a QB when we can just sign Hundley in the off-season [emoji108]

shh.

We really dont know that. Currently Carr is Grudens QB. I like Carr, I'm still rooting for him but he has been pretty inconsistent and it makes it difficult to win tough games. Gruden has worked out a variety of QBs since he re-joined the Raiders. All it takes is 1 to make him want to move on from Carr.
    We obviously donít know anything, but itís one of those situations where I wonít believe it until I see it. Iím sure we will workout plenty of QBs and be linked to several entering the draft, but if I had to bet my life on it, Iíd certainly bet that we donít take one in the first round.

This has nothing to do with what I think we should do, itís just my opinion on what I think will happen. The way the fan base jumps from one end of the spectrum to another in a few weeks time is baffling. Just a couple of weeks ago everyone was lauding Carr and no mention of drafting another QB in the first round. Another couple weeks it may be silent again, despite him being the same player with the same weaknesses and strengths that he has always had.
    Last edited by donofdacourts; 12-03-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    We obviously donít know anything, but itís one of those situations where I wonít believe it until I see it. Iím sure we will workout plenty of QBs and be linked to several entering the draft, but if I had to bet my life on it, Iíd certainly bet that we donít take one in the first round.

This has nothing to do with what I think we should do, itís just my opinion on what I think will happen. The way the fan base jumps from one end of the spectrum to another in a few weeks time is baffling. Just a couple of weeks ago everyone was lauding Carr and no mention of drafting another QB in the first round. Another couple weeks it may be silent again, despite him being the same player with the same weaknesses and strengths that he has always had.
    I can understand that. Im not even saying we must draft a QB or anything just looking at the options in case we do go after a QB. Im not sure we draft a QB either.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mariota is in a Raider jersey though next offseason. Out in Tennessee. Not really a good spot for him to go and start and I can see Gruden giving him a good paycheck to push Carr or take over for Carr if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

"...prone to stoogery.".

The scary part of a qb like burrow is he couldnít beat out jt Barrett at Ohio state. The buckeyes even named Haskins the starter for the next year after the previous year ended. So burrow transfered instead of trying to beat out Haskins.
    Just a backstory on him.

I see us going after okudah cb from osu. He is the only cb in this draft that is considered a shutdown corner.

And possibly getting lamb or Ruggs with that second pick.

I would rather go okudah then Dylan Moses in the first.

Truthfully, I see us going Ruggs then Moses. I have that feeling that gruden likes Abram and possibly bringing back kJ to help the d backfield. Maybe go after a cb in the third (maybe wade)

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast