Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    You have the great idea of getting rid of Carr for a retread. With who is going to be out there, who would you suggest. Since you preach so much about getting rid of him. I figured you might have an idea of a suitable replacement?

Or are you just venting and want to get rid of a guy, take a cap hit and have no idea whoís next? It could be much worse.
    I think Stork is more on a macro level and youíre thinking on a micro level, in this instance. Thatís the mix up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Do you seriously think the owl routine is helping you make your point?

-Stork

Well, you want a new qb, just wondering who would be on your mind?

I donít want to give up a serviceable qb and get something worse. Just to say we got rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    You can quit with the lack of defense as an excuse for Carr. The two are not the least bit related. Not talking wins and losses. Talking about the QB position and what CARR does with the opportunities he's given, down after down. He's weak. Scared. Quick to give up. As dumb in the pocket as anyone has ever been. Misses open receivers on a regular basis because he's AFRAID. He sucks in cold weather (Doesn't bode well since the PLAYOFFS are in winter). Sucks epically at Arrowhead (Our biggest divisuion rival). He's been the check down king no matter who is coaching this team or calling plays.

"7. A rb that can actually run for yards when Jacobs is not on the field."

LMAO you mean one all star RB isn't enough for a QB to succeed, huh? Please. This was supposed to be the no excuses tour. The excuses have been ramped up exponentially.

PS - Plunkett didn't shrink. Showed up in big games. Stood in the face of a rush and chucked it. A great example of stats not telling the whole story. Give me Plunkett over Carr any day of the week.
    You people complain every time dc throws a pick. Plunkett had more ints than tds. That would be worse, right. Plunkett did show up in big games. But you have to get to the big game and raiders didnít get there cuz Plunkett threw more ints than tds. He got to the big game with a great defense and a good running game.
    Plunkett chucked it alright, to the other teams..More ints than tds, in any era thatís bad.

The last sb Plunkett won he threw for 172 yards, Allen had 191 yards rushing, the team had 231 yards rushing. D had two picks. He was just serviceable when he won with a good defense and a running game. He just dropped back and looked for branch every down.
    Last edited by Megatron; 12-05-2019 at 12:23 PM.

You people complain every time dc throws a pick. Plunkett had more ints than tds. That would be worse, right. Plunkett did show up in big games. But you have to get to the big game and raiders didnít get there cuz Plunkett threw more ints than tds. He got to the big game with a great defense and a good running game.
    Plunkett chucked it alright, to the other teams.
    More ints than tds, in any era thatís bad
    Yep, I get it...you donít understand past the numbers.

https://youtu.be/coeyJuyZ9E0

Carr would have quit 3 different times.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I think Stork is more on a macro level and youíre thinking on a micro level, in this instance. Thatís the mix up here.

Dc wonít be a superstar. But I see whatís out there available, and it looks bad.

Thereís no luck, Manning or Marino in this draft.

Fa you only have newton, who probably will go to chargers. And bridgewater wonít leave the saints. That would leave us rivers. Who throws as many picks as tds. And he will want a lot more than dc as far as money goes.

Funny how some compare Carr to Plunkett and Stabler, two of the greatest Raider Quarterbacks. Yes, completion percentages are great, I commend Carr for that, nice to know a ball will more than likely be on target, albeit a short one. More Touchdowns than interceptions, yes that is certainly commendable, again it is nice notto worry about turnovers all of the time, except they happen generally as game changing moments or the final nail. When Plunkett and Stabler played, as you say, they had great Olines, Running backs, defenses, and WRs., this is true. They also had great QBs. The rules were different, you could very nearly maul a WR, you could literally ear clap some tackle upside the head, roughing the QB was only called when you beat him up at the bar on Sunday night. If Plunkett or Stabler played with today's rules, their stats would be insane. Wrs would be so wide open that they'd be throwing at a high percentage and INTs would be down, the O-line would have never let them get touched. Those arguments about Carr>Stabler and Plunket can not be seriously made, not with 3 Superbowl titles, today's rules vs. yesterday's, and LOTS of wins and Division titles. They had guts, drive, and will power!
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 12-05-2019 at 01:14 PM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Additionally, they never panicked, always looked cool, calm, and collected even in the face of adversity.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Funny how some compare Carr to Plunkett and Stabler, two of the greatest Raider Quarterbacks. Yes, completion percentages are great, I commend Carr for that, nice to know a ball will more than likely be on target, albeit a short one. More Touchdowns than interceptions, yes that is certainly commendable, again it is nice notto worry about turnovers all of the time, except they happen generally as game changing moments or the final nail. When Plunkett and Stabler played, as you say, they had great Olines, Running backs, defenses, and WRs., this is true. They also had great QBs. The rules were different, you could very nearly maul a WR, you could literally ear clap some tackle upside the head, roughing the QB was only called when you beat him up at the bar on Sunday night. If Plunkett or Stabler played with today's rules, their stats would be insane. Wrs would be so wide open that they'd be throwing at a high percentage and INTs would be down, the O-line would have never let them get touched. Those arguments about Carr>Stabler and Plunket can not be seriously made, not with 3 Superbowl titles, today's rules vs. yesterday's, and LOTS of wins and Division titles. They had guts, drive, and will power!
    I agree you could get away with more on d.
    On o you could too, cut blocks were being done and wrs pushed off a lot.

I was originally stating that Plunkett and stabler also had guys like branch, shell, upshaw, Marcus Allen running for 191 yards in the Super Bowl, long, alzado, Fred b, Hendricks, etc. we donít have one player thatís like these guys to support. Maybe jacobs(hopefully). But thatís it. We havenít had a great lb for a long time. A supporting cast meant a lot to those teams.

Anyways, moving on. The more I see Murray from Oklahoma, he would be a great addition. So would weaver from cal. Moses, okudah, Hall, Ruggs or lamb.

The problem is, he is not finding the open receiver when opportunity knocks.
    He still plays scared, he doesn't look down field long enough. On many occasions through out the last two weeks,there were substantial opportunities for him to hit the open Te or WR in the middle of the field, yet he is still not executing, it looks like he is hearing steps(from opposing defenders).

And frankly, that has nothing to do with Plunkett or Stabler.

Carr can't play in cold weather? GTFOH

PS, if Tau is available at 14, Raiders will take him, we're not doing this again next year.(waiting for our ship to come in)

Carr is not a fighter, he walked off the field dejected , -----Not very reassuring to his teammates.

After the Chargers game on thursday night, during the on field interview he said , he was so happy he felt like crying. Even I want to slap him.He is a great brother, dad, husband and person. But would you pick him to be in your platoon , if you had to go to war? Absolutely not. He is soft.

I like him, but he is a poor example of a Raider. 2020 will be a good time to look for another option.

I agree you could get away with more on d.
    On o you could too, cut blocks were being done and wrs pushed off a lot.

I was originally stating that Plunkett and stabler also had guys like branch, shell, upshaw, Marcus Allen running for 191 yards in the Super Bowl, long, alzado, Fred b, Hendricks, etc. we donít have one player thatís like these guys to support. Maybe jacobs(hopefully). But thatís it. We havenít had a great lb for a long time. A supporting cast meant a lot to those teams.

Anyways, moving on. The more I see Murray from Oklahoma, he would be a great addition. So would weaver from cal. Moses, okudah, Hall, Ruggs or lamb.
    Sure he had good players around him. It was the INT thing and completion percentage I was really commenting on. It is a relative thing IMO. Wins and trophies are what counts. As you said though, moving on.

Murray would be good and I really want Lamb, though I wouldn't be upset if we selected Ruggs. They are pieces that would fit perfectly with this team.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    The problem is, he is not finding the open receiver when opportunity knocks.
    He still plays scared, he doesn't look down field long enough. On many occasions through out the last two weeks,there were substantial opportunities for him to hit the open Te or WR in the middle of the field, yet he is still not executing, it looks like he is hearing steps(from opposing defenders).

And frankly, that has nothing to do with Plunkett or Stabler.

Carr can't play in cold weather? GTFOH

PS, if Tau is available at 14, Raiders will take him, we're not doing this again next year.(waiting for our ship to come in)

Carr is not a fighter, he walked off the field dejected , -----Not very reassuring to his teammates.

After the Chargers game on thursday night, during the on field interview he said , he was so happy he felt like crying. Even I want to slap him.He is a great brother, dad, husband and person. But would you pick him to be in your platoon , if you had to go to war? Absolutely not. He is soft.

I like him, but he is a poor example of a Raider. 2020 will be a good time to look for another option.
    He does remind me of a few butter bar lieutenants I've known.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    He does remind me of a few butter bar lieutenants I've known.
    Wow...a scathing rebuke from you my friend.

Have you seen enough?

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

If KC put a lot of heat on him what do you think Tennessee will do? He's going to face the heat again this week.
    He very rarely rolls out, and at best goes down as soon as the heat comes, unless he does a throw down.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Wow...a scathing rebuke from you my friend.

Have you seen enough?

-Stork

Very nearly, he has four games. I am at the point where I am talking to my local friends about value. What could we get for him and how to use it. Food for thought though, next season, I think the Raiders will only be paying 2-3 million for his services, that is a bargain, but then he would walk the year after and we would get nothing (maybe a 3rd round comp pick, I don't know).

"...prone to stoogery.".

Our Offense (not just Carr alone) has to perform in the next 4 games. But Carr can prove something if he does it in our two away games especially in Denver. However, I think the airs gone out of this team. The exertion and effort it took to overcome the early season debacle has taken its toll. Theyíve given what they had. Tyres are flat

You canít rely on this many rookies and expect much more. My worry is we will be relying on as many new ones next season

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast