Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Dc wonít be a superstar. But I see whatís out there available, and it looks bad.

Thereís no luck, Manning or Marino in this draft.

Fa you only have newton, who probably will go to chargers. And bridgewater wonít leave the saints. That would leave us rivers. Who throws as many picks as tds. And he will want a lot more than dc as far as money goes.
    Thankfully, we seem to have a competent GM, who might see a gem or two at QB in this draft, even if you don't. Keep in mind, with the exception of the Patriots, every AFC playoff bound team has a very young QB at the helm.

Ravens - Jackson
    Texans - Watson
    Chiefs - Mahomes
    Bills - Allen
    Steelers - Hodges

They do exist. And it IS possible.

Carr is 28. Thatís old?
    Many of those teams have more than one superstar on the team.

We have Jacobs. Thatís it

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    The problem is, he is not finding the open receiver when opportunity knocks.
    He still plays scared, he doesn't look down field long enough. On many occasions through out the last two weeks,there were substantial opportunities for him to hit the open Te or WR in the middle of the field, yet he is still not executing, it looks like he is hearing steps(from opposing defenders).

And frankly, that has nothing to do with Plunkett or Stabler.

Carr can't play in cold weather? GTFOH

PS, if Tau is available at 14, Raiders will take him, we're not doing this again next year.(waiting for our ship to come in)

Carr is not a fighter, he walked off the field dejected , -----Not very reassuring to his teammates.

After the Chargers game on thursday night, during the on field interview he said , he was so happy he felt like crying. Even I want to slap him.He is a great brother, dad, husband and person. But would you pick him to be in your platoon , if you had to go to war? Absolutely not. He is soft.

I like him, but he is a poor example of a Raider. 2020 will be a good time to look for another option.
    Funny how nobody blames the d or wrs?

Even Romo stated that none of the wrs could get separation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Sure he had good players around him. It was he INT thing and completion percentage I was really commenting on. It is a relative thing IMO. Wins and trophies are what counts. As you said though, moving on.

Murray would be good and I really want Lamb, though I wouldn't be upset if we selected Ruggs. They are pieces that would fit perfectly with this team.
    Ruggs would be amazing. In the third there might be another version of him in reager from tcu. Fastest guy in the country and he can catch.

I would be doing a big time raider nation dance(that I would make up), if we drafted any of these guys:
    Ruggs, Moses, Murray, young or okudah.

Because all of them would make us better day 1.

Carr is 28. Thatís old?
    Many of those teams have more than one superstar on the team.

We have Jacobs. Thatís it
    Finally came around on Jacobs huh lolz

Funny how nobody blames the d or wrs?

Even Romo stated that none of the wrs could get separation.
    People recognize the defense and wrs are an issue. Carr has been in the league long enough to have an opinion of his worth. His game hasn't changed. The defense is young and has some promise. wr will be a top priority in the off season, as should quarterback. We will have a different 2nd string qb this weekend. Looks like the front office is on the right path. Carr's leash should be getting shorter. If it were me I'd put a choke collar on him and yank it really hard everytime Josh Jacob's is in the flats jumping up and down uncovered while Carr just freezes and than drops to the ground in his signature fetal position.

Raiders Mock Draft

The Raiders are currently 6-6 and heading into the final quarter of the season. Still hard to tell whether they can turn it around after the last two weeks. Based on current standing Raiders hold the 16th pick and hold the 18th pick from the Bears. If both teams go 2-2 to end the year that will also place both at around these same picks come draft time.

The Raiders with Derek Carr have been up and down and we arenít sure what the Raiders are going to do this off-season. Honestly I do believe Derek Carr is our QB going into the 2020 season but wanted to create a draft that showed a scenario if the Raiders decide to move on from Derek Carr. Carr is set to make 21.5M next year but Raiders can cut Derek Carr and only experience a 5M cap hit. Also in this scenario in addition to cutting Derek Carr the Raiders sign Marcus Mariota as the stop gap/Gruden revival project.

1st(16): Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama

At 16 Burrow and Tua are gone so their QB of the future is not selected here. Instead the Raiders get the dynamic WR the Raiders were hoping they were getting last year with Antonio Brown. As far as talent and playmaking ability he compares to Tyreek Hill minus the off-field concerns of course. Drafting Ruggs allows Tyrell Williams to be the #2 WR with the Raiders which will give him more opportunity for success.

1st(18)Trade to late 1st for a 2nd and 5th rounder.
    Projecting trades especially this early is very hard to do but in almost every 1st round a late round 1st team moves up in the draft. Without going into specifics Raiders move back to regain picks in rounds they no longer have.

1st(late pick post trade): Dylan Moses, LB Alabama

In this mock I stated Raiders will draft a QB early but the QB I have them going after at least at the moment is likely a 2nd rounder so thatís where I will slot him. Raiders desperately need help at LB. I was rooting for the Raiders to draft Devin White who has had a good rookie year with the Bucs. Moses is coming off a knee injury which had him miss the 2019 season. Moses has the ability to be a complete LB for the Raiders and finally give them force in the middle the Raiders have been lacking for years.

2nd(trade) Jordan Love QB Utah State

The Raiders QB of the future comes in with Jordan Love. Love is going to be a project. I am not denying this. That said he has all the tools you want out of a franchise QB. He will need some time to develop but if Gruden is the QB guru he is thought of to be then Love is the QB in this draft you would want with Burrow and Tua being drafted early. Love has shown to be a QB who can sit in the pocket and make plays as needed but is mobile enough and willing to move out of structure and be outside the pocket when the situation arises. He can sometimes get too far set on his first read and throws a few too many 50/50 balls. In addition to having good tools another key piece he does have is his throwing motion does not need to be overhauled and has can fire into tight windows. With the modern NFL going to more mobile QBs Love has also shown success running the RPO(run pass option) and can gain yards on the ground.

3rd(Bears): Bryce Hall CB Virginia

After last season if Bryce Hall would have entered the draft he likely was a late 1st early 2nd guy. Hall had a down year but still has the tools and skills to be an effective NFL CB. Raiders still need secondary help and Hall is a guy who can come in early and help this defense.

3rd: Brandon Jones S Texas

Karl Joseph is going to be a free agent after this season. Even after drafting Bryce Hall the secondary will still need to improve. Jones can play in the box and in the slot. He needs to work on his ball skills which are his weakest points but he can keep up with receivers and is in the right place to make a play. Just needs to improve on getting his hands in the right place for more pass breakups and interceptions.

3rd(Texans): Darrell Taylor DE Tennessee

The Raiders drafted two edge players last draft in Crosby and Ferrell. Crosby has shined as a rookie and Ferrell has flashed. Both we should expect jumps in year two. That said the Raiders still need help with the pass rush. Taylor is a prospect who is always looking to swat at the QBs arms and has the turnover mentality and not just looking to sack the QB. He has a good build though like most edge players out of college could use some more muscle on his body.

4th: Even Weaver LB Cal

The Raiders need for LB is well known as this point. Raiders drafted Dylan Moses earlier in this mock. The Raiders double down on LB with drafting Weaver here. Weaver is closer to a traditional LB. Weaver is a good run stuffing LB who has enough talent to play the pass but it is not his strong suite. He will need to improve against the pass but do feel he can develop to be a more complete LB as times goes.

5th(mock trade):Zach Shackelford G Texas

Gruden spoke recently about wanting to bring Richie Incognito back after this season. Still Incognito is the oldest guard in the league at 36. Raiders will need to find a long term successor for him. Zach has a strong base and is good in pass protection. As with most late round players I do feel he has the ability to develop into a starter in the future.

6th: Patrick Taylor Jr RB Memphis

Washington and Richard are both free agents after this season. Raiders will likely only bring one back. That means the Raiders will need to replace at least one of them Taylor is a strong pass blocker which is important to Gruden and Mayock for a RB. In addition he is a good pass catcher which is important for a replacement to Richard/Washington.

7th: Charleston Rambo WR Oklahoma

Raiders lack deep speed. They are addressing that early with Henry Ruggs but getting a second deep threat to open up the middle will be key. Needs to get more physical but can overall Rambo can have a role even as a rookie 7th rounder.

Again this is a mock draft scenario where the Raiders decide to move on from Carr. This is going to be an interesting offseason. Let me know your thoughts on this mock.

Ruggs would be amazing. In the third there might be another version of him in reager from tcu. Fastest guy in the country and he can catch.

I would be doing a big time raider nation dance(that I would make up), if we drafted any of these guys:

Agreed. I like Ruggs. That's one thing Al had right... speed kills. We haven't had speed in a long while.

There is one, it goes like this:

First you limp to the side like your leg is broken,
    Shakin' and twistin' like you are smokin.

You got it down when you appear to be in pain.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Some will not like this draft I went D early and often...

Round 1 Pick 18: Grant Delpit, FS/SS, LSU (A)
    Best d back in the draft Jamal Adams comparison you can line him up anywhere.

Round 1 Pick 27 (G.B.): Kenneth Murray, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (B-)
    What we've needed and failed to address since the unsuccessful selection of Rolando McClain.

Round 2 Pick 2 (NYG): Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (A)
    He is a CB who makes plays and when he dosent he's right there on his man's hip to take him down.

Round 2 Pick 28 (MIA): DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama (A)
    The other two Alabama WRs are projected to be first round talents but this man has better stats. His routes are exceptionally smooth. Reminds me of Amari Cooper.

Round 3 Pick 18: Xavier McKinney, SS/FS, Alabama (A+)
    Another dynamic safety that can be moved around in Gunther's system. Hes an athlete who can stay with TE's and punish rumning backs

Round 3 Pick 25: Jon Greenard, DE/OLB, Florida (A-)
    He has a nice repertoire of moves and some natural pass-rush ability
    Last edited by Vallejo Raiders; 12-06-2019 at 06:18 PM.

16 Henry Ruggs III, WR
    Alabama
    18 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE
    Iowa
    80 Jake Fromm, QB
    Georgia
    82 Jeff Gladney, CB
    TCU
    96 Jordyn Brooks, LB
    Texas Tech
    112 Antoine Brooks Jr., S
    Maryland
    207 Sadarius Hutcherson, IOL
    South Carolina

© 2019 The Draft Network <--- Mock draft sim

This is too early for me, generally, but I couldn't help it this year.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    16 Henry Ruggs III, WR
    Alabama
    18 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE
    Iowa
    80 Jake Fromm, QB
    Georgia
    82 Jeff Gladney, CB
    TCU
    96 Jordyn Brooks, LB
    Texas Tech
    112 Antoine Brooks Jr., S
    Maryland
    207 Sadarius Hutcherson, IOL
    South Carolina

© 2019 The Draft Network <--- Mock draft sim

This is too early for me, generally, but I couldn't help it this year.
    If we get Jake Fromm- And I don't care where... I'd do some crazy back flips

My guess is cam newton will go to the chargers.

So, you want to get rid of Carr with us still owing him money. No real idea of a replacement. That sounds like a good idea.

Carr might be an average qb and may not be our qb of the future, but a lot of teams won with average qbs.

Like dilfer. Like stabler(oooooo). Why did these guys win? Not because of talent. Dilfer won due to one of the best defenses around him. Stabler won due to hof players ALL around him. He completed 59 percent of his passes and the huge one is stabler threw MORE ints than tds!!!! In any era, thatís bad. 194 tds and 222 ints!!!!!!
    Carr can win. He wonít be Brady, Marino or manning. But he can win with pieces of the puzzle around him
    Wait...are you Carr's agent???

Is love to land Ruggs and Reagor.

12-4 season he did well because cooper and Crabtree were productive. Our defense sucked then too. What these folks donít realize is that we can go through qb to qb and still not be successful. Due to no number 1 wr and you have to have talent somewhere on d.

Carr may not be a superstar, but we are riding in a car that needs a new transmission and we want to replace the tires(even though they are serviceable.)

We are the worst d in the nfl. But we donít want to fix it. Lol

Letís go through a checklist of things we need badly, but donít have.(even romo stated that our wrs canít get separation to make plays)
    1. No 1 wr!
    2. No shutdown cb! (Only one in this draft okudah)
    3. No solb.
    4. No wolb
    5. A mlb who isnít suspended
    6. A de to get those things called sacks. We wonít get one til late in the draft cuz they just drafted Ferrell early. Crosby is good, but dbl teams are happening cuz they know no pressure is coming from anywhere else
    7. A rb that can actually run for yards when Jacobs is not on the field. Preferably one that weighs over 225
    8. A young guard to be an actual good backup and replacement in the future for Gabe and Richie. So many injuries and problems. It was rare out A squad splayed more than a couple games at a time together.
    9. A good back up for Carr
    10. Annnnnnd can gruden call some plays down field.
    You missed 1B, a good QB.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast