Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    They will regret that contract. Can't give a guy that kinda money who puts up 3pts in the Superbowl.

Yeah you can't but he's probably top 5 or top 10 QBs in all the league so

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    They will regret that contract. Can't give a guy that kinda money who puts up 3pts in the Superbowl.
    With all due respect, that's a stupid argument. How many QB's have gotten giant contracts without ever even going to the Super Bowl.

Wentz literally just got paid a similar contract despite not ever playing in the playoffs. Goff also has more wins, more game winning drives, and a higher career passer rating than Wentz... Despite playing in fewer games than him.

So yes, Goff was worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Wentz literally just got paid a similar contract despite not ever playing in the playoffs. Goff also has more wins, more game winning drives, and a higher career passer rating than Wentz... Despite playing in fewer games than him.

So yes, Goff was worth the money.
    Getting completely stifled in the Super Bowl is certainly a data point; one more than not playing in it.

Nick Foles (worse than Case Keenum according to you) put up 41 in the same situation against essentially the same defense.

But to be fair I put the Rams failure on offense on the coach, as Goff is sort of McVay's exoskeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Getting completely stifled in the Super Bowl is certainly a data point; one more than not playing in it.

Nick Foles (worse than Case Keenum according to you) put up 41 in the same situation against essentially the same defense.

But to be fair I put the Rams failure on offense on the coach, as Goff is sort of McVay's exoskeleton.
    Comparing games between two different seasons doesn't mean much to me tbh

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Given that the primary gameplan of the Pats in the SB was to disguise their blitz until after the point where coaches can't communicate to the QB, I'll say no. McVay would have any QB looking like a stud in that offense.
    For sure. Goff was a gimp in the SB. He'd be the best automatic QB in my backyard 3 on 3 games, but can't guarantee much more than that. Yuck.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

I think the Rams overpaid. Goff reminds me of Jim Everett from 30 years ago. Everett was a stiff, statue of Liberty QB, he could throw a great ball if he had Tom Brady time in the pocket and never felet a strong wind around him. But make him move and improvise and he's not much, gets frazzled and doesn't know what to do. The opposite of a peak Big Ben.

Also, last year Goff was incredibly dependent on Kooper Kupp. When Kupp was playing, Goff's passer rating was around 110, top three in the league. Once Kupp went out, his rating fell to around 85, around 25th in the league. Goff had stopped playing like a pro-bowl QB well before the Super Bowl.

Bottom line is, without Kupp, he's an ordinary QB, arguably not a starter-level one.
    Last edited by StephenR897; 09-17-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenR897 View Post
    I think the Rams overpaid. Goff reminds me of Jim Everett from 30 years ago. Everett was a stiff, statue of Liberty QB, he could throw a great ball if he had Tom Brady time in the pocket and never felet a strong wind around him. But make him move and improvise and he's not much, gets frazzled and doesn't know what to do. The opposite of a peak Big Ben.

Also, last year Goff was incredibly dependent on Kooper Kupp. When Kupp was playing, Goff's passer rating was around 110, top three in the league. Once Kupp went out, his rating fell to around 85, around 25th in the league. Goff had stopped playing like a pro-bowl QB well before the Super Bowl.

Bottom line is, without Kupp, he's an ordinary QB, arguably not a starter-level one.
    You need to get over the fact these guys are making this much - every top 1/3 to top half of the league QB will be making 30 plus. If not Goff who are they going to get? Nobody who likes there QB let's them walk.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    If not Goff who are they going to get?
    Bortles

Bortles
    Would there be any difference?

Bortles
    Bortles with his 59% career completion percentage and well under 7 yards/attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Bortles with his 59% career completion percentage and well under 7 yards/attempt.
    That's better than Goff's stats without McVay.

Lol when Goff was a rookie

Jeff Fisher is the black hole of all QBs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast