Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Report: Kings "working on" Buddy Hield extension

Kings general manager Vlade Divac tells me the team is "working on" a contract extension for sharpshooter Buddy Hield, who is eligible for a five-year, $158.1-million deal.
    https://twitter.com/JandersonSacBee/...98667489042434

Within that link is an article to the story.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JandersonSacBee/...98667489042434

Within that link is an article to the story.
    Well... It's pretty much the same I was saying in the other discussion... It would be foolish for the Kings to extend both Hield and Bogdanovic cause they'll block the team's future...

I don't believe that Hield will get the 5/158M he is eligible on, but smth around 20M for the next season is what I believe would leave both sides satisfied...

Still... The Kings are better off to trade Bogdanovich who is also eligible for contract extension next season and get back assets on rookie contracts, or long term on good value contracts, if they plan to go ahead and contend in the following seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Well... It's pretty much the same I was saying in the other discussion... It would be foolish for the Kings to extend both Hield and Bogdanovic cause they'll block the team's future...

I don't believe that Hield will get the 5/158M he is eligible on, but smth around 20M for the next season is what I believe would leave both sides satisfied...

Still... The Kings are better off to trade Bogdanovich who is also eligible for contract extension next season and get back assets on rookie contracts, or long term on good value contracts, if they plan to go ahead and contend in the following seasons...
    I agree. I'd look to trade Bogdan but not to your Bucks.

We’ve been the deepest in decades and you want to trade Bogdan?

Bud. Andrew Luck left yah, but we don’t have to kick part 2 of Usher’s Confessions lol

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    We’ve been the deepest in decades and you want to trade Bogdan?

Bud. Andrew Luck left yah, but we don’t have to kick part 2 of Usher’s Confessions lol
    I didn't say the Kings should trade Bogdan, just see what's out there. I do think he's the lowest priority of the core (Bagley/Fox/Hield/Giles).

Bogdan is our bench and what does bench amount to in this league?

Giles is not as accomplished as Bogdan and we already know Bogdan means more to this team with the way the shot means the most to the NBA. Giles isn’t there yet. Yeah he can pass but I’d rather focus more on the perimeter until Giles gets a bigger pair which hopefully happens this year

At least Bogie can hit buzzer beaters
    Last edited by CityofTreez; 09-15-2019 at 03:03 AM.