Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Buffalo Bills 0-0 @ New York Jets 0-0: Week 1

Let's Go!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

With a hard 1st 7 games of the schedule, is this a must win for the Jets?

no cause i still think we are 1 year away from being a playoff contending team.

Things I want to see this year:
    1. Darnold improve and build to become our franchise QB
    2. Bell shake off the rust and keep health
    3. start building momentum and changing the culture of this team into a winning organization
    4. be good enough to have our hopes excited for next year but avg enough to have a good spot on next years draft
    [IMG][/IMG]

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If we had a secondary, we could be a legit threat this year.

Maybe something happens and the CBs figure things out.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If we had a secondary, we could be a legit threat this year.

Maybe something happens and the CBs figure things out.
    I love Jet optimism.

Trumane bouncing back isn't crazy but we NEED Maye to stay healthy.

I think the O is gonna be the best we've seen since favre was here (until his arm fell off the last 5 weeks)... D is gonna be patchwork with a thin secondary and ILB corp. special teams is a complete crapshoot. We could be a 5-6 win team or a 8-9 win team if some things click. Should be an interesting season...

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    no cause i still think we are 1 year away from being a playoff contending team.

Things I want to see this year:
    1. Darnold improve and build to become our franchise QB
    2. Bell shake off the rust and keep health
    3. start building momentum and changing the culture of this team into a winning organization
    4. be good enough to have our hopes excited for next year but avg enough to have a good spot on next years draft
    If the Jets start the season 3-4, yes they are a 9-7/10-6 team.
    After that the Jets have the Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Bengal and Dolphins.

That's a pretty easy 6 games.

This team has some serious needs for the next draft. CB, OL & WR.

Not going to feel any way about this team until after I see how they perform in a real game, especially against a team (Bills) they should beat if they expect to contend.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I love Jet optimism.
    Let me rephrase or at least explain, by "legit threat", I meant to make the playoffs, not win it all.

With that said, if we had a stud CB and another top shelf one and two of our OL turned out to be fantastic? All bets are off and I think we could make a legit run at it all.
    I think the acquisitions of Crowder and Bell on O, will be huge.I also think Herndon makes a big jump. That gives Sam some actual threats on O. Anderson to stretch the field, Crowder to play the slot, Q to be a big, tough target, Bell for flares, screens, wheels... and Herndon.
    That's why I say if the line shows it can do a good job and give Sam some time, I think he can put up points.

But considering we have a light rush and no CBs, we are a middle of the road team at best. I see us as 6-10 or 7-9.
    Now if we find CBs? That could easily switch to 9-7 or 10-6.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Not going to feel any way about this team until after I see how they perform in a real game, especially against a team (Bills) they should beat if they expect to contend.
    Seriously?
    Please refrain from rational thoughts and perspective.

****ING JETS!!!!!!! WIN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!

Brian Costello

@BrianCoz

Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon are on the call of Jets-Bills for CBS on Sunday #nyj
    11:59 AM Sep 3, 2019

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast