Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The funniest part f the jumpers is the reason they jump, is because they still have hope and it hurts to deal with it.

The only reason say it's over week one is so they can later say "I knew it and I told you".
    The sad part is they are so focused on convincing themselves they know the outcome, they can't even enjoy the season.
    But we are the idiots for taking it week to week
    It's hard to enjoy the season when as soon as the kicker missed the XP on Sunday you assumed the Jets would lose the game by one, and then that is exactly what happened. The only thing worse than rooting for a losing team is when their losing pattern becomes predictable. Makes you feel like what is point in watching.

The funniest part f the jumpers is the reason they jump, is because they still have hope and it hurts to deal with it.

The only reason say it's over week one is so they can later say "I knew it and I told you".
    The sad part is they are so focused on convincing themselves they know the outcome, they can't even enjoy the season.
    But we are the idiots for taking it week to week
    It has absolutely nothing to do with being able to say "I told you so". Are you seriously content with the last 20yrs of your Jets fandom? Hell, go back 30yrs. I mean if you are that's fine and if you are ok with looking for slight improvement from rotational players as a "win" or something positive be my guest (that IMO is sad). I'd just like to have a team put on the field that is somewhat relevant for like 2 or 3 yrs in a row and might be able to actually compete against other good teams. But yeah you guys stay positive and post 10 times about Adam Gase's postgame presser in a loss to the God damn Bills. Like I said if a coach's post game comments after a loss to a team you should beat gets you excited about the future, you do you man. And yes it's hard to watch your team win 5 games and enjoy it. If you enjoy losing and it makes you happy then by all means live it up.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    And you idiots keep thinking things will somehow be different every year🙄. And we aren't crazy, we are tired of a lifetime of complete ineptitude. Will we win some games, yes. Are we in any way a decent team, no.
    Let's not call anyone idiots.
    I think they have a sound foundation to build upon. I see this team improving week to week because of Darnold and Gase.

What I saw in the conference call was a HC that put his WRs on notice. Put his OL on notice. And cut the kicker.

They addressed the WR position with what was the best available that understands the system. And got a new place kicker. If players are content with losing and not doing their job they won't be here much longer. In the 45 years of watching the Jets this is the 1st time since Parcell's era that players were put on notice. About ****ing time.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    It has absolutely nothing to do with being able to say "I told you so". Are you seriously content with the last 20yrs of your Jets fandom? Hell, go back 30yrs. I mean if you are that's fine and if you are ok with looking for slight improvement from rotational players as a "win" or something positive be my guest (that IMO is sad). I'd just like to have a team put on the field that is somewhat relevant for like 2 or 3 yrs in a row and might be able to actually compete against other good teams. But yeah you guys stay positive and post 10 times about Adam Gase's postgame presser in a loss to the God damn Bills. Like I said if a coach's post game comments after a loss to a team you should beat gets you excited about the future, you do you man. And yes it's hard to watch your team win 5 games and enjoy it. If you enjoy losing and it makes you happy then by all means live it up.
    As for the bolded, don't make foolish presumptions because you are angry at this team.
    If you are that unhappy, there is a simple solution. Stop rooting for them.

Regarding the press conference, what people said was that it's a nice change from Bowles saying the same crap every week. At least Gase had some emotions and showed them.
    Regarding Gase, how many people you accuse of being blind, actually liked the hire? I'll wait....

The Jets made the playoffs in 09 and 10. There's your two years within your 30 year complaint. There are more of those times but I'm not going to list. If you are going to cry, at least do so with some accuracy. If you want to be angry they haven't won a title since 69? Ok Fair point. No fan is happy about that.

If you want to complain that the organization is poorly run? I doubt you get many who disagree. But many are hopeful with the hiring of Douglass.
    Not Gase. Douglass

The Buffalo Bills- you are aware they were the number 1 ranked pass defense last year? and number 2 overall? Right, you know that? Ok cool If you didn't, now you do. So measuring the offense against this D is a bit premature, you that word right? I thought so.

I do not consider
    Williams, Williams, Mosely, Adams, Maye, Anderson, Jenkins, Anderson, Bell, Crowder, Darnold to be "rotational players" They are foundation players.
    Do the Jets have work to do? Of course. Who here as said otherwise? Who here has said the this is a good team and will contend? If you did, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Most have agreed that this team is a couple years from really being any good. But the fact that they have up the middl on D, set and some solid skill position players in place, is a positive.
    (By the way, if the Jets had a kicker, they win that game.)

I believe they will figure it out over the next few years. I will be watching with the same attitude I have now.
    I wonder what this game will be like.
    Seriously man, you want to call those who try to look at the positives, "idiots" take a look at yourself and your assessment of this team. If you can't bare to watch it, don't let the door hit ya.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Clay, come on. He's a slightly improve rotational player

Your Week 1 leaders in tackles avoided, per @PFF:

1. Alvin Kamara (10)
    2. Le'Veon Bell (9)
    3. Josh Jacobs (9)
    4. Austin Ekeler 8
    5. Damien Williams (8)
    6. Chris Carson (7)

As for the bolded, don't make foolish presumptions because you are angry at this team.
    If you are that unhappy, there is a simple solution. Stop rooting for them.

Regarding the press conference, what people said was that it's a nice change from Bowles saying the same crap every week. At least Gase had some emotions and showed them.
    Regarding Gase, how many people you accuse of being blind, actually liked the hire? I'll wait....

The Jets made the playoffs in 09 and 10. There's your two years within your 30 year complaint. There are more of those times but I'm not going to list. If you are going to cry, at least do so with some accuracy. If you want to be angry they haven't won a title since 69? Ok Fair point. No fan is happy about that.

If you want to complain that the organization is poorly run? I doubt you get many who disagree. But many are hopeful with the hiring of Douglass.
    Not Gase. Douglass

The Buffalo Bills- you are aware they were the number 1 ranked pass defense last year? and number 2 overall? Right, you know that? Ok cool If you didn't, now you do. So measuring the offense against this D is a bit premature, you that word right? I thought so.

I do not consider
    Williams, Williams, Mosely, Adams, Maye, Anderson, Jenkins, Anderson, Bell, Crowder, Darnold to be "rotational players" They are foundation players.
    Do the Jets have work to do? Of course. Who here as said otherwise? Who here has said the this is a good team and will contend? If you did, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Most have agreed that this team is a couple years from really being any good. But the fact that they have up the middl on D, set and some solid skill position players in place, is a positive.
    (By the way, if the Jets had a kicker, they win that game.)

I believe they will figure it out over the next few years. I will be watching with the same attitude I have now.
    I wonder what this game will be like.
    Seriously man, you want to call those who try to look at the positives, "idiots" take a look at yourself and your assessment of this team. If you can't bare to watch it, don't let the door hit ya.
    So don't make assumptions but you can make assumptions like "the only reason they are like this after one game is so they can say I told you so"....pot meet kettle.

And I do ***** about not being relevant with accuracy. I'm sorry but a team that didn't even win 10 games 2yrs in a row got in as a wild card isn't being relevant or a legitimate team(and you do realize you had to go back a decade just to find that lol!) And yeah you can go back to the Pennington years where we were decent every other year but terrible when he was injured or back to the Testeverde days when we should have won but managed to "Jet" it up. Yes we haven't been relevant in a LONG time no matter how you try to spin it.

Yes I know how good the Bills are on defense and I haven't said a dang thing about Darnold now have I? But you completely ignore that their offense came back on us and that offense is a joke and led by a guy who could barely complete 50% of his passes against guys who are selling life insurance now. Yes we aren't going to play a defense that good every week but we also aren't going to play an offense centered around Allen/Gore every week either.

We absolutely have guys who are good, it's an NFL team. Of course there is good players on the team but the team is not good and very doubtful that they are any better than last year so yes that is frustrating.

And no I won't stop watching, and I promise I'm pulling for them just as hard as anybody on Sundays. I was venting about a very, very frustrating loss that the Jets had on the Jets forum. I never said anything about other fans until a couple of you decided to do just that. I don't have to be happy about a loss, don't have to like a coach that the vast majority wasn't on board with. I'm not the one telling people how they should feel about their team, y'all started that mess. We all want the same thing and I'm sorry if I'm frustrated with the product on the field. If that makes you think that I'm not a real fan then that's fine.

Rippin' lips son!!

So don't make assumptions but you can make assumptions like "the only reason they are like this after one game is so they can say I told you so"....pot meet kettle.

And I do ***** about not being relevant with accuracy. I'm sorry but a team that didn't even win 10 games 2yrs in a row got in as a wild card isn't being relevant or a legitimate team(and you do realize you had to go back a decade just to find that lol!) And yeah you can go back to the Pennington years where we were decent every other year but terrible when he was injured or back to the Testeverde days when we should have won but managed to "Jet" it up. Yes we haven't been relevant in a LONG time no matter how you try to spin it.

Yes I know how good the Bills are on defense and I haven't said a dang thing about Darnold now have I? But you completely ignore that their offense came back on us and that offense is a joke and led by a guy who could barely complete 50% of his passes against guys who are selling life insurance now. Yes we aren't going to play a defense that good every week but we also aren't going to play an offense centered around Allen/Gore every week either.

We absolutely have guys who are good, it's an NFL team. Of course there is good players on the team but the team is not good and very doubtful that they are any better than last year so yes that is frustrating.

And no I won't stop watching, and I promise I'm pulling for them just as hard as anybody on Sundays. I was venting about a very, very frustrating loss that the Jets had on the Jets forum. I never said anything about other fans until a couple of you decided to do just that. I don't have to be happy about a loss, don't have to like a coach that the vast majority wasn't on board with. I'm not the one telling people how they should feel about their team, y'all started that mess. We all want the same thing and I'm sorry if I'm frustrated with the product on the field. If that makes you think that I'm not a real fan then that's fine.
    If a comment or comments were not directed at you but you answered?

Making a broad statement regarding a certain attitude ,pertaining to a group that has in fact, turned around and said, "i knew it, I told you", is vastly different from directing a comment at me and claiming that I enjoy watching a losing team.

Whoops, sorry pot that wasn't kettle

"The only reason say it's over week one is so they can later say "I knew it and I told you".
    But we are the idiots for taking it week to week"

vs

"Like I said if a coach's post game comments after a loss to a team you should beat gets you excited about the future, you do you man. And yes it's hard to watch your team win 5 games and enjoy it. If you enjoy losing and it makes you happy then by all means live it up."

Yeah, those are exactly alike.

I am very aware that we haven't been to the playoffs in a decade and likely won't this year. I am very aware of the small intersections of time that have had us field a good team. I don't believe we are moving in a backward direction. For that reason, I afford more leeway and have less anticipation.
    Basically, ain't **** i can do but watch the game or not watch and I still want to watch. I will certainly ***** and moan but not after week one and the type of loss that was.

Maybe instead of pulling hard for the Jets, pull yourself a little harder so you relax. A good old fashion tank after a loss and things don't look as bad

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    And he had an interception taken away from him on a penalty away from him

So you're saying they came back after our Pro Bowl, team captain CJ Mosley exited the game, and we havent addressed that?

Keep in mind, we lost our other previous defensive leader for the year in Avery Williamson. So we were essentially playing with 2 backups on the inside, but that doesnt matter to you.

Some of us can understand that having 2 newly inserted ILBs that have probably never been on the field with the 1st team at the same time, instantly thrust into making defensive captain calls could have a not so good effect on the overall performance of the defense.

Not a good look, it was a bad loss.

Up to Gase where this team goes now.

Maybe instead of pulling hard for the Jets, pull yourself a little harder so you relax. A good old fashion tank after a loss and things don't look as bad
    I got your mom penciled in for Monday night so I should be much more relaxed and stress free after the game this go around😉

Rippin' lips son!!

I got your mom penciled in for Monday night so I should be much more relaxed and stress free after the game this go around😉
    Pencil is an exaggeration. More like noodle

I do however know your mom likes to hide the full kielbasa.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 09-12-2019 at 09:23 PM.

And no family jokes. Understood forum rule

I do however know your mom likes to hide the full kielbasa.
    Well my friends have been telling me that for years so old news there🤣🤣🤣

Rippin' lips son!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast