Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Abdominal contusion for Pederson. That makes sense now. I was in the shower when that happened.
    Yeah he slammed really hard into the wall. He robbed a 3 run homerun on the play though. It might make an espn top 10 play if it didnít end in an injury

Your baby can't do this

Maedas slider is so nasty sometimes

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    And possibly the youngest. Check this out...
    Seager
    Bellinger
    Smith
    Verdugo
    Lux
    Beaty

All under 25 except seager who just turned 25 like a month ago. All these guys already made a big impact on the big league roster (well except lux though he is impressing in his first game).. And thatís just the bats.. then you also got

Buehler
    Gonsolin
    Urias
    May

Also all under 25

Then you got two other top 100 specs in the minors in Ruiz and gray and a borderline top 100 spec in jeter downs.. lmao.. not bad.. oh, and btw just for good measure joc is like 26..lol..

They have a long window but problem is they need to fill in the cracks with win now players, especially for the bullpen.
    Yep, the front office has built a team that can be a dynasty over the next 5-10 years or so

Anddd... it just became a homerun derby

Your baby can't do this

Not gonna lie but Smith has had some really bad swings lately. Heís in the first cold streak of his mlb career, now itíll be interesting to see him work his way out of it.

Your baby can't do this

Not gonna lie but Smith has had some really bad swings lately. Heís in the first cold streak of his mlb career, now itíll be interesting to see him work his way out of it.
    Yeah it was bound to happen. As long as he stays with his approach I think he will be fine.

Maedas slider is so nasty sometimes
    I think with him moving to the pen, along with Stripling returning and the additions of Sadler and Kolarek and Urias returning I think the bullpen is starting to round into shape. Ferguson has also been solid over the past month or so.

Ian Desmond outpitches the actual Rockies pitchers.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I think with him moving to the pen, along with Stripling returning and the additions of Sadler and Kolarek and Urias returning I think the bullpen is starting to round into shape. Ferguson has also been solid over the past month or so.
    Itís looking better than what it was, especially since joe Kelly has been doing better (besides the last outing). I still donít know that itís enough for October though.. The offense will really have to click and they should be fine but I donít know that this bullpen could consistently win close games in the playoffs. To this day I still think they shoulda made a bigger move for another pen arm or two but we will see.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Ian Desmond outpitches the actual Rockies pitchers.
    I was thinking the same.. lol.. he had no issues at all with the dodgers, 3up and 3 down

Your baby can't do this

Underrated stat but I noticed that the dodgers lead the MLB in sacrifice hits but are 6th with runners in scoring position (still very good).

Your baby can't do this

Itís looking better than what it was, especially since joe Kelly has been doing better (besides the last outing). I still donít know that itís enough for October though.. The offense will really have to click and they should be fine but I donít know that this bullpen could consistently win close games in the playoffs. To this day I still think they shoulda made a bigger move for another pen arm or two but we will see.
    It would have been nice to get a better closer, but I think the cost wasn't worth it so I'm okay with what the front office did. We would have had to part with 2 of the 4 (Smith, Ruiz, May, or Lux) and I think most teams were insisting that one of the two had to be either May or Lux. I think the current pen is good enough to have a good shot at it and we didn't have to sacrifice losing those other guys. I think a lot of it will depend on how the starting pitching does. I actually don't think our success in the playoffs will depend on the pen at all. I think it will depend on Roberts' ability to make the right pitching moves. One thing to keep in mind is that there aren't very many teams with a good pens so even though our pen isn't great, there aren't really that many teams with good pens either. The yankees have a good pen and so do the brewers, but neither of those teams have very good starting pitching.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-03-2019 at 01:01 AM.

They need to start stringing more hits together and hit the long ball like they did tonight because they're going to have to slug their way through October. They won't be hitting homers like they do in the postseason and the pitching looks like it's going to get brutalized.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    They need to start stringing more hits together and hit the long ball like they did tonight because they're going to have to slug their way through October. They won't be hitting homers like they do in the postseason and the pitching looks like it's going to get brutalized.
    We've had the best starting pitching staff in all of baseball. We should be fine come playoff time.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-03-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Slugging your way to a championship can be done. Like the 2002 Angels and the 1993 Blue Jays.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast