Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Tramon had a couple good plays too tho. Hes not bad considering hes the older db in the league and his leadership is needed for this young secondary. But with that said I hope these younger guys continue to grow so we can phase Tramon out a bit more.

Can't imagine why anyone could be disappointed with Jaire Alexander last night.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Tramon had a couple good plays too tho. Hes not bad considering hes the older db in the league and his leadership is needed for this young secondary. But with that said I hope these younger guys continue to grow so we can phase Tramon out a bit more.
    Well he got thrown at a lot. Hes bound to make a couple plays but his success rate wasnt good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Mahomes was good enough, however that maybe mack doesn't happen, nagy doesn't happen

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I mean, while mack is one of the 10 best players in the league, give me mahomes foe potentially the next 15 years over mack and Nagy any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I mean, while mack is one of the 10 best players in the league, give me mahomes foe potentially the next 15 years over mack and Nagy any day of the week.
    Yes, probably. But I'm still happy with where the bears are. Pace has built of hell of a team so I'm curious how long of a leash Mitch has

Click here to register!

Yes, probably. But I'm still happy with where the bears are. Pace has built of hell of a team so I'm curious how long of a leash Mitch has

For sure it's a good roster. But mahomes and getting back that late first this past year and a first next year without the 2nd is better than this team with mack, and this is coming from someone who thinks mack is probably the 2nd best defensive player in the league.

Remove mack and the bears defense is still most likely a top 10 defense. Put mahomes on that roster, assuming he still develops into some version close to current mahomes and the bears have a top 10 offense at least too. It's usually pointless to play the what might have been game, but the decision to take Mitch over 2 QBs drafted behind him that legit look like studs is going to sting for awhile. Even if you win a ring in the near future, it's hard not to look and wonder what mahomes or Watson could have done.

Theyre in an interesting position with him cause Im sure he will be up for an extension soon. He has to show some improvement lol.

What was the deal with Montgomery? I was highly impressed with him but it seemed like Nagy rolled with Davis the majority of the time. Is it a pass protection thing?

Very bad news for bears fans

https://twitter.com/adamhoge/status/...139283457?s=21

Nagy probably called a balanced game plan. Mitch doesnt know how to RPO

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Theyre in an interesting position with him cause Im sure he will be up for an extension soon. He has to show some improvement lol.

What was the deal with Montgomery? I was highly impressed with him but it seemed like Nagy rolled with Davis the majority of the time. Is it a pass protection thing?
    Montgomery had some decent runs but I really dont get the obsession with him yet. He had 6 carries for 18 yards. It's not like he was crushing it. I think Montgomery will be a pretty decent player but I've heard multiple times from people that he looked good.

Montgomery had some decent runs but I really dont get the obsession with him yet. He had 6 carries for 18 yards. It's not like he was crushing it. I think Montgomery will be a pretty decent player but I've heard multiple times from people that he looked good.
    Hard to get anything going when you only run him 6 times tho. He has good size, hes shifty, hard to tackle and can catch. He showed all that last night but he hardly saw the field.

Im not that concerned about Rodgers. I mean we couldn't move the ball on the ground and our Guards got smoked. That really hindered the Offense. Its tough to get in rhythm.

We saw on the td drive where he went 4 for 4. Great playcall and execution on the mvs deep ball. Then hit them with a short pass to the TE and again with a short ball to Adams. 12 executed well on a few other drives as well and once we can start moving the ball on the ground things will open up. Converting 3rd and over 6 on that Bears D is always gonna be a challenge. If we can get more of those down to 3rd and 3s or under, teams cant bring the house as often. I don't think its that big of a deal to lose to the Bears at home in this area of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Im not that concerned about Rodgers. I mean we couldn't move the ball on the ground and our Guards got smoked. That really hindered the Offense. Its tough to get in rhythm.

We saw on the td drive where he went 4 for 4. Great playcall and execution on the mvs deep ball. Then hit them with a short pass to the TE and again with a short ball to Adams. 12 executed well on a few other drives as well and once we can start moving the ball on the ground things will open up. Converting 3rd and over 6 on that Bears D is always gonna be a challenge. If we can get more of those down to 3rd and 3s or under, teams cant bring the house as often. I don't think its that big of a deal to lose to the Bears at home in this area of the game.
    Sure, he still shows flashes of being really good. But he also had flashes of really bad. That last quick hitter on 2nd and 5 was not only a poor decision (which I think may have been Rodgers call), but it was also a really bad throw. He had that out to Graham that hit Grahams back foot that was almost picked that was an awful throw. That same drive I think he didnt put it anywhere near adams on a 6 yard out. And at one point in the 4th quarter they threw one of those quick hitting wr screens to mvs that he had to go to the ground to catch, which cant happen on that type of play.

I'm not saying he's trash or that he can't be good. He still flashes elite talent. But the scary part about week 1 to me was that alot of the little things that have gone wrong in the last few years that have been dumped on coaching still flared up. Rodgers still missed some of those easy throws, partially due to lazy footwork. He was still late to the line and snapping it with under 2 seconds on the play clock fairly consistently. The ball still wasn't coming out in rhythm when he hit the peak of his drop.

Not saying it's all on him or anything. But that was my biggest concern after the game. It wasn't that we didn't score a ton. That's a heck of a defense we played. It's more that alot of the problems we hoped would be cleaned up by a new staff and more engaged Rodgers didn't seem to be cleaned up yet. Maybe some of that was from facing a great defense. And maybe that gets cleaned up this week or next week and we just roll. But seeing the same problems flare up that we had in the past is definitely frustrating.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 09-06-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Sure, he still shows flashes of being really good. But he also had flashes of really bad. That last quick hitter on 2nd and 5 was not only a poor decision (which I think may have been Rodgers call), but it was also a really bad throw. He had that out to Graham that hit Grahams back foot that was almost picked that was an awful throw. That same drive I think he didnt put it anywhere near adams on a 6 yard out. And at one point in the 4th quarter they threw one of those quick hitting wr screens to mvs that he had to go to the ground to catch, which cant happen on that type of play.

I'm not saying he's trash or that he can't be good. He still flashes elite talent. But the scary part about week 1 to me was that alot of the little things that have gone wrong in the last few years that have been dumped on coaching still flared up. Rodgers still missed some of those easy throws, partially due to lazy footwork. He was still late to the line and snapping it with under 2 seconds on the play clock fairly consistently. The ball still wasn't coming out in rhythm when he hit the peak of his drop.

Not saying it's all on him or anything. But that was my biggest concern after the game. It wasn't that we didn't score a ton. That's a heck of a defense we played. It's more that alot of the problems we hoped would be cleaned up by a new staff and more engaged Rodgers didn't seem to be cleaned up yet. Maybe some of that was from facing a great defense. And maybe that gets cleaned up this week or next week and we just roll. But seeing the same problems flare up that we had in the past is definitely frustrating.
    Agreed. It appears there may be merit to the talk of 12s decline. I hope hes able to put it to rest, though.

I think the elite Rodgers is done at this point. I think we will see flashes but the 2008-2015 Rodgers is gone. Im just hoping for a good Rodgers and a top 10 defense. I wish we had another elite weapon outside of Adams on offense and I hope our two guards will continue to improve cause they got beat up pretty good last night.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast