Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cody Whitehair signs 5 years worth 52.5M 27.5M guaranteed

Bears left guard Cody Whitehair will open the new season with new long-term job security.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Whitehair has agreed to a five-year contract extension. The total value of the extension is $52.5 million and comes with $27.5 million guaranteed money.

Whitehair was a second-round pick in 2016 and was headed into the final year of his rookie deal. Heís started every game that the Bears have played since he arived in Chicago and he was selected to the Pro Bowl last season, which led many to think that a deal would be coming his way at some point this year.

With Whitehairís extension done, the Bears now have all of their starting offensive linemen under contract through 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    The only surprise with this deal is the amount of time it took to get done. Glad its done and I knew we would lock him up.

But it seems like a pretty good value from the Teams perspective too. I mean there is a clear argument that could be made that Cody deserves to be paid as the highest paid guard in the NFL. HIghest paid Center too. But he isnt either

For reference guys who got Bigger contracts.

Martin- 6 yr $14,000,000
    Norwell- 5 yr $13,300,000
    Zeitler- 5 yr $12,000,000
    Ossemle-5yr $11,700,000
    Turner- 4 yr $11,250,000
    Morse (C)- 4yr $11,125,000
    Saford- 4yr $11,000,000
    Pouncy (C) 2 yr $11,000,000
    Jackson- 5yr $11,000,000
    Marpet- 5yr $10,825,000
    Jensen (C)- 4 yr $10,500,000
    Cody Whitehair 5 yr 10.5

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I like Cody. I don't think he's elite or anything, but he's certainly an above average iOL. OL continuity is really important too. When this group has been healthy and together they've been really good. Keeping Trubisky comfortable is a big part of him taking the next step, so I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I like Cody. I don't think he's elite or anything, but he's certainly an above average iOL. OL continuity is really important too. When this group has been healthy and together they've been really good. Keeping Trubisky comfortable is a big part of him taking the next step, so I'm okay with it.
    I read that with a fully healthy and set OL (around 200 snaps), we led the league in yards per pass and rush attempt. Or something like that. Either way itís super important to have these five guys together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job, like getting core guys signed
    Last edited by Muttman73; 09-03-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

So monitoring this whole Zeke thing fantasy wise. Would anyone be surprised if Eddie got a deal like today. Or does he need another year to prove it.

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/aaronlemingnfl/s...209748993?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/aaronlemingnfl/s...209748993?s=21

Do you think they could be saving some this season to extend Floyd if he performs well? In the middle of the season maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanchwarmer View Post
    Do you think they could be saving some this season to extend Floyd if he performs well? In the middle of the season maybe?
    Dont think it matters. What people may forget is even if the bears dont spend that money. It rolls over into the next. So when guys like Mack and Leno restructure. That money u save literally just rolls over. May have to do with Floyd. But we already picked up his option for next year which pays hin 15 mil. We will have to see.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Dont think it matters. What people may forget is even if the bears dont spend that money. It rolls over into the next. So when guys like Mack and Leno restructure. That money u save literally just rolls over. May have to do with Floyd. But we already picked up his option for next year which pays hin 15 mil. We will have to see.
    Unless Floyd comes out and shows something different this year, wouldn't be surprised to see him traded next offseason. Can't pay that guy 13 million on this team and he would still have decent value.

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status...827435520?s=21