Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Teams that end up with the worst record end up there for a reason. A season makes a difference in perspective. If teams view Tua as a top tier franchise QB they are not going to let a QB currently in place stop them from drafing that QB even if they drafted that QB last year. The Skins are not going to let a guy like Haskins stop them from drafting a franchise QB.

If Jax ends up with the worst record with Foles at QB that contract won't stop them from taking a young stud QB.

If Arizona ends up with the worst record because Murray looks like a bust their perspective will change.
    No team had ever in the history of the draft era moved on from a QB they drafted in round one the year before until Arizona did this past season. That as I said took very rare circumstance with who they got at head coach. You just can't waste a 1st round pick like that, you have to see if they can develop, its how the league has been forever.

Nick Foles will have $33.9M still guaranteed on his deal next season. Try to draft a QB with that hit in a team that wants to win now.

Arizona 1000% will not draft a QB in the 1st round next year lol. After moving on from Rosen to take Murray this year and all the flack they got in doing so, zero chance they go it again the very next season.

It takes more than one single season to figure out if a QB is any good or not. Jared Goff, Mitchell Trubisky, and Carson Wentz where all sub par to terrible in their rookie seasons. When you spend a 1st on one you have spend some time to let them develop and build around them. If a team that just drafted a QB nets that #1 pick the smart play is to deal it and move down so you can add around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    No team had ever in the history of the draft era moved on from a QB they drafted in round one the year before until Arizona did this past season. That as I said took very rare circumstance with who they got at head coach. You just can't waste a 1st round pick like that, you have to see if they can develop, its how the league has been forever.

Nick Foles will have $33.9M still guaranteed on his deal next season. Try to draft a QB with that hit in a team that wants to win now.

Arizona 1000% will not draft a QB in the 1st round next year lol. After moving on from Rosen to take Murray this year and all the flack they got in doing so, zero chance they go it again the very next season.

It takes more than one single season to figure out if a QB is any good or not. Jared Goff, Mitchell Trubisky, and Carson Wentz where all sub par to terrible in their rookie seasons. When you spend a 1st on one you have spend some time to let them develop and build around them. If a team that just drafted a QB nets that #1 pick the smart play is to deal it and move down so you can add around them.
    If JAX ends up with the worst record and the 1st pick overall then the Foles move was the wrong move.

Jacksonville won't pass up Tua after a 2-14 season with Foles at QB because Foles has 33.9 million guaranteed.

Teams are not going to pass up the next great QB.
    Last edited by Plague; 09-02-2019 at 01:38 AM.

I mean, in reality, even NE would potentially take Tua if they got the 1st pick. If there are no severe injuries in the NFL this year to star players, MIA should get either the 1st or 2nd pick in 2020. Watching Tua this weekend, its easy to see why people are in love with his talent. I never really was, but i'm starting to turn. I still think he's not a slam dunk #1 pick. Some teams could fall in love with Fromm, or Herbert, or Love or even Hurts (who by the way put on a smoke-show display last night).

I think MIA is setting themselves up for either a QB this year, and if they don't get it, then Lawrence in 2021. I can easily see them flipping the HOU 1st for picks, including a 2021 1st.

Tunsil is going to be the best LT in the game shortly, and I'm glad he went to a team that has playoff potential, same with Stills. As much as I want HOU to flounder this year, I would love to see Stills and Tunsil make a long playoff run too.

The Dolphins also bolstered the interior of their offensive line, trading late round picks for a couple of linemen, thus eliminating the risk of losing them to team with a higher waiver wire priority. Perhaps most importantly, Grier made sure that the Dolphins almost certainly wonít be able to get hot and reel off a bunch of meaningless wins and ruin their chances at one of the top two picks in next yearís draft, which has happened too many times in previous years, most notably 2011. Contrary to what many folks believe, it doesnít matter how much ammunition your favorite team has; if the guy many regard as the next Andrew Luck or Baker Mayfield is available in the draft, and your team doesnít have the first pick, they arenít getting him.
    The bolded part pretty much sums up us getting TUA.

Some of you need to understand TANKING, the way Miami is doing, is to get your franchise qb without having to use draft capital to trade up. Get the #1 pick in 2020 and you can take your franchise qb of your liking while still having plenty of draft capital to build the o line and other areas. heck, if our goal is Trevor Lawerence then having the #1 pick is incredible for us. We can trade down from #1 to say #4-#10 while picking up a 1st in 2021 and maybe a 2nd or 3rd in 2020.

Am I correct in Tunsil not making a pro bowl yet in his career? I mean 50% of the league makes the pro bowl each year it seems.

This was a great trade for Miami and everyone around the league agrees.

Some people don't have Tunsil in thier top 10 LTs in the league and no he hasn't made a pro bowl or all pro team. I know not everyone likes PFF but his grades from that site have been 60-60-70. So slightly above average. The only thing he had going for him is that he is young and could continue to improve but if the team wasn't in love with his work ethic and knew he was going to demand the richest LT contact in NFL history then getting three high draft picks is a huge win.

Don't count on the picks being mid to late 20's either the team had alot of questions. Mostly in the DB area and also just traded a huge part of thier DL. Even with Tunsil they have issue at OL and they lost their starting RB already.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Teams that end up with the worst record end up there for a reason. A season makes a difference in perspective. If teams view Tua as a top tier franchise QB they are not going to let a QB currently in place stop them from drafing that QB even if they drafted that QB last year. The Skins are not going to let a guy like Haskins stop them from drafting a franchise QB.

If Jax ends up with the worst record with Foles at QB that contract won't stop them from taking a young stud QB.

If Arizona ends up with the worst record because Murray looks like a bust their perspective will change.
    I tend to agree with you, but theres a lot of people too afraid in the NFL to make moves like that. If Haskins impresses a guy like Dan Snyder, I could easily see them passing on Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Some people don't have Tunsil in thier top 10 LTs in the league and no he hasn't made a pro bowl or all pro team. I know not everyone likes PFF but his grades from that site have been 60-60-70. So slightly above average. The only thing he had going for him is that he is young and could continue to improve but if the team wasn't in love with his work ethic and knew he was going to demand the richest LT contact in NFL history then getting three high draft picks is a huge win.

Don't count on the picks being mid to late 20's either the team had alot of questions. Mostly in the DB area and also just traded a huge part of thier DL. Even with Tunsil they have issue at OL and they lost their starting RB already.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I almost pissed myself seeing Omar call Tunsil a top 3 tackle in the league. The dudes good, but hes not anything like Tyron Smith. Hell of a pass blocker and above average run blocker with all the potential in the world. He also really has to clean up his penalties more and more. Giving up a false start or a holding once a game is basically the same as giving up a sack once a game.

And the Texans are an incredible team to bet against. They've got an insane schedule this year and Bob is clearly desperate. They also really didnt do much to add to their roster at all outside of this trade and the Duke trade. If theres a few injuries and they start off slow I could easily see everything falling apart.

This honestly was the best trade Miami has made in at least the last 15 years.

Miami never gets lucky enough to be able to pull a trade off like this, Texans see Lucks retirement as a window for them to make a push, so we were able to capitalize on that, this kind of perfect scenario never happens for miami, I'm so happy with this rebuild.

We have a legit shot to land our qb at pick 1 and use many of our other picks to trade back, and stack picks up for years to come.

2 picks in every round next draft, and a extra 1st rnd pick the season after.

This is the proper way to rebuild.

Dolphins at this hour weighing placing OT Julien Davenport on IR. If done, he may still be able to return later this year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234