Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ^^^^I dont think you have to worry about Fitzmagic at this point. He may have a play or two but I dont think his arm is there at this point and this is by far the worst oline hes ever played with. Hes going to look bad. At this point I really dont think we have to worry about trading up for a QB. We'll be up there, it's just a matter of if its #1 or not. And with the way Love and Herbert looked this weekend I'd honestly be ok with passing on them and going after Trevor in 2021 if we dont get Tua.

I'm ok with the trade now. I'm worried about the fallout of trading two of the locker room favorites, but players will buy in if you bring in enough talent next year and get a QB. Plus the idea of getting Tua and maybe moving up for one of the top tackles or Jeudy is huge.

That big trade sending Laremy Tunsil to Houston for 2 first round picks? Still hasnít been approved by NFL. Not saying it wonít be. But still being scrutinized.

Per Armando Salguero

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    That big trade sending Laremy Tunsil to Houston for 2 first round picks? Still hasnít been approved by NFL. Not saying it wonít be. But still being scrutinized.

Per Armando Salguero
    Even the league sees how terrible it is for the Texans lol

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^I dont think you have to worry about Fitzmagic at this point. He may have a play or two but I dont think his arm is there at this point and this is by far the worst oline hes ever played with. Hes going to look bad. At this point I really dont think we have to worry about trading up for a QB. We'll be up there, it's just a matter of if its #1 or not. And with the way Love and Herbert looked this weekend I'd honestly be ok with passing on them and going after Trevor in 2021 if we dont get Tua.

I'm ok with the trade now. I'm worried about the fallout of trading two of the locker room favorites, but players will buy in if you bring in enough talent next year and get a QB. Plus the idea of getting Tua and maybe moving up for one of the top tackles or Jeudy is huge.
    Lots of ways to go now. You could get your pass rushing DE and/or a very nice receiver in next year's draft, along with some oline help, then get Trevor in 2021 and finish up your line at the same time. Of course a few FA's will help in these and other areas too.

Flores, on Tunsil: "You guys saw the compensation. He was part of that. He's a very good player. I like him. But at the end of the day, we just felt this was the best move for us. You've got to make tough decisions when you're sitting in this seat."

He also said the Stills decision had nothing about politics. Simply that they had some good WRs and it was a great deal.

Obviously came out and said the team isnt tanking but that these moves will help the franchise overall. When asked how theyll win this year, he basically said hard work and comittment will help them compete.

Appreciate Flores coming out and answering questions today, but it's pointless. We all know the real reason.

Beat writers again are freaking out about that presser. Saying he's lying and should of said we are tanking lol.

No real coach is going to say that and if anyone did they should be fired. Flores will do his best to win games this year and that's his job. We have plenty of ammo to trade up and get the QB we want so a handful of wins isn't the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Beat writers again are freaking out about that presser. Saying he's lying and should of said we are tanking lol.

No real coach is going to say that and if anyone did they should be fired. Flores will do his best to win games this year and that's his job. We have plenty of ammo to trade up and get the QB we want so a handful of wins isn't the end of the world.
    That only works if the team drafting #1 doesn't need their QB of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    That only works if the team drafting #1 doesn't need their QB of the future.
    The only one to worry about is the Bengals but they are trying to win and if they don't win 6-7 games it would be a surprise.

The only one to worry about is the Bengals but they are trying to win and if they don't win 6-7 games it would be a surprise.
    I disagree. There is a lot of teams that have the potential for the worst record. Jacksonville, Tennessee, N.Y.Giants, Washington, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Detroit, Denver, Oakland, and Buffalo.

Now some of those teams you might say dont need a QB, but after the season is over and they have the worst record for a reason they may view their QB differently.

While I think Miami is the likely worst team in the NFL, all those teams I mentioned are in contention.

I disagree. There is a lot of teams that have the potential for the worst record. Jacksonville, Tennessee, N.Y.Giants, Washington, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Detroit, Denver, Oakland, and Buffalo.

Now some of those teams you might say dont need a QB, but after the season is over and they have the worst record for a reason they may view their QB differently.

While I think Miami is the likely worst team in the NFL, all those teams I mentioned are in contention.
    Only Tampa and Tennesse of that group could be in the market and both should be at least .500 teams. What the Cards did this off season and draft another QB after doing so the year before has NEVER been done before. It took them getting a college coach who knew and loved a QB coming out. That might never happen again. Lions and Oakland should not sniff a top 3 pick. Jacksonville is locked into Foles contract wise.

I like the trade, they need a lot more than one good tackle. Still not completely sold on Tua. Whole season of college football to be played. Rosen can still work out.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

It's not tanking as Flores said. We will compete. Of course we have set up the roster to make it so that with enough hard work, good coaching and commitment, we can compete and still lose enough to get the top pick lol! But it's not tanking. Tanking is quitting. We are just making strategic choices! There. Now I want a PR job with the Dolphins.

The Flores conference was dumb. Everyone expected this from Flores, what do you want him to say. He knows they just traded one of their best players and can't just say oh we want Tua. Although I agree that Grier should have come out and talked about it instead of Flores.

Cincinnati is by far the biggest competition for us right now, but I agree with Wrench that they're actually trying to win and have enough top end talent to win. But I agree that all of those team could surprise us and just completely blow. That's the hardest part with tanking in the NFL, there's always some surprises. I mean the Cardinals beat the Packers in GB last year. So it's hard to say for sure. I think we're far and away the worst team in the NFL but I still think the coaching staff is good and the defense could keep us in some games against bad teams.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Only Tampa and Tennesse of that group could be in the market and both should be at least .500 teams. What the Cards did this off season and draft another QB after doing so the year before has NEVER been done before. It took them getting a college coach who knew and loved a QB coming out. That might never happen again. Lions and Oakland should not sniff a top 3 pick. Jacksonville is locked into Foles contract wise.

Teams that end up with the worst record end up there for a reason. A season makes a difference in perspective. If teams view Tua as a top tier franchise QB they are not going to let a QB currently in place stop them from drafing that QB even if they drafted that QB last year. The Skins are not going to let a guy like Haskins stop them from drafting a franchise QB.

If Jax ends up with the worst record with Foles at QB that contract won't stop them from taking a young stud QB.

If Arizona ends up with the worst record because Murray looks like a bust their perspective will change.

Miami has always been that team that waited a year too long to try to trade a Player, Amazing to see them pull off a trade like this.

That's massive value for a LT, you rarely see big trades like this in the NFL, draft picks are too valuable.

I expect we'll see more trades As the season goes on,but this was huge for us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast