Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Itís because this moron franchise forever keeps trading away talent for future commodities only to ***** up half those picks and not pay & trade away the other half once they develop into solid players. We have been dealing with this garbage over and over again for years and years. No decent player ever stays. Why donít we dump Minkah too while we are at it?

Four years from now we will be exactly where we are today. Different GM & coach because they f*cked up everything and a Qb they drafted who didnít pan out. And anyone on the team worth their while gets shipped out because why keep the talent around when you can just get lots of draft picks for the next management to fail with, right? Just watch.
    Only in the past I don't remember us trading away guys that could net us first round picks. At least we have a swat at a top QB next year and the year after. In the past we didn't even have a chance, loading up on enough FA's to max the cap and finish where we'd be picking 12 to 18. Now if we have to move up it will be doable. We are finally biting the bullet and taking a cleanup year to hopefully load up the next 2 years. It's just up to these guys not to move up and draft Dion Jordan.

Who knows? Maybe Grier plans on giving Rosen 2 years to prove himself (putting him behind a decent line next year). Maybe he is not high on Tua as some people and would rather have Trevor Lawrence if he needs another QB. We'll have ammo to move the next 2 drafts now. Maybe it was never "Tank for Tua", but instead "Tank for Trevor".

Well now I see why they named Fitzpatrick the starter, he's gonna get killed and they don't give a f#$%.

Itís because this moron franchise forever keeps trading away talent for future commodities only to ***** up half those picks and not pay & trade away the other half once they develop into solid players. We have been dealing with this garbage over and over again for years and years. No decent player ever stays. Why donít we dump Minkah too while we are at it?

Four years from now we will be exactly where we are today. Different GM & coach because they f*cked up everything and a Qb they drafted who didnít pan out. And anyone on the team worth their while gets shipped out because why keep the talent around when you can just get lots of draft picks for the next management to fail with, right? Just watch.
    The team hasn't done a real rebuild in forever, this is the right move. A year or two of 4-5 wins will be worth it to get out of the hell that is 8-8.

Also name me guys that we shipped out that where bad moves in doing so? Landry? You want to be paying him 15M? Vernon? Again do you want to be paying him 15M? These guys are only solid players getting paid top level money. That's how you stay 8-8 and never get anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I'm not sure why you would be upset. Not seen a single person say we lost the trade lol. I feel some of you have overrated Tunsil by alot. He isn't anywhere near as good as Jake Long was pre injury, not anywhere close.

Is he a solid LT? Yes, but has holes in his game and issues getting called for penalties (10 last year)

But yeah everyone is laughing at the Texans and what they gave up. Such a huge hual, much better players have gone for much less.
    I never liked the penalties either and people on message boards kept telling me they weren't bad. But Davenport will be worse. He'll bring the penalties plus another handful of sacks if he plays enough.

Our QB's had better install rear view mirrors on their helmets.

I'm kind of in a stupor right now in regards to this trade. A young stud LT who we could have built our OL around for years to come . . . now we have two extra 1st rd picks and a 2nd rd pick. . . . its really hard to fault Grier for pulling the trigger. Love Tunsil, but I also know MIA has to rebuild this thing the right way.

As a HOU fan, I'd be a little peeved at the draft assets given up. I don't think they are good enough to win the SB. I think JAC might even win the division. I am now hoping Watson goes down with another injury. Sorry, but I am.

On the bright side, we OWN the 2020 draft now! and we're on our way to owning the 2021 too. I highly doubt they make this move if they believed Rosen was the answer. I LOVE Rosen's talent too. Makes me sad.

Tough loss losing Tunsil, but the rumors turned out to be true... He was a solid LT, no need to take credit away from him since he isn't a dolphin anymore... Not mad that Clowney didn't go to Miami, even though I was sure the Phins didn't want him anyway...

Let Fitz start since he'll get crushed at least once per game... This OL will be fun to watch and grow as the season goes on... OL's take a while to find the right pieces and gel...

If the Phins end up keeping both 20' 1st's they would possibly be in a position to take a top QB, OT, DE or S...

Look at the Patriots OL and where they were drafted... Andrews (udfa), Thuney (3rd), Cannon (5th) and Mason (4th)... Other OLinemen came from a trade... Gotta find the right pieces through the draft...

Hopefully Dieter and Calhoun can find there way this season... That would be huge to solidify the interior if this team wants any part of a run game... I'm confidant that Davis can handle RT, but LT is literally wide open...

I'd like a top center with one of the two 2nd's...

Personally, I have no problem getting multiple picks in 2020...

Just to clarify after this trade... Do the Phins have 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Let's face facts the Oline was junk with Tunsil on it, just netted three high picks for him. Easy trade and win.

This is exactly why Miami is considered a joke around the league.

F*cking unbelievable. Iím honestly ashamed to be a Dolphins fan right now.
    Look man, I hated this trade idea more than anyone. But we got a ton of value for a good, not great LT.

Getting the QB is the most important part for this team. This helps them in a million different ways. And the team just didnt think Tunsil was as great as the fans did. PFN is reporting that they soured on his personality. Even the last staff felt like Tunsil wasnt the leader that they really wanted.

At this point the only team that I could see finishing before us is the Bengals, and they're at least trying to win. So if we get Tua, and land a few solid Olineman, this offense could turn around immediately.

And if we draft Tua you don't need a LT being he's a lefty

Looking at NEs scheme, they always prioritize interior outside of exterior. Now we obviously have a long *** ways to go to even compare to their oline, but I think that's the plan. It can easily blow up in our face, but Flores loves his scheme and this just screams going for that style.

Honestly I'm going to miss Stills the most. I know Tunsil is the more impactful of the two, but Stills was my favorite player on the team. Just a great guy who did a lot off the field and I'm upset he got screwed over by this team. Theres a report that we were going to flip him for a 5th if we didnt make this trade.

Also I know everyone is talking about possibly going for Trevor in 2021, but I just dont see it unless Love and Tua stay in college. Itll be really hard to push back all of this cap and picks yet another year.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 08-31-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    And if we draft Tua you don't need a LT being he's a lefty
    And then we throw him in there with Jesse Davis lol

I hate to give up Tunsil but netting 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder is a lot of ammo. Even with Tunsil this line was going to be a sieve this year. Its a trade I hate to make but its a good trade for the future of the Dolphins.

I am going to say I believe the Dolphins had no intentions of trading Tunsil, but the deal that was offered was too good to pass up.

Khalil Mack and OBJ went for less than what Tunsil went for (and Stills as well, but really just Tunsil). There was really no way Grier could say no. We will be battling ARZ and CIN for the #1 pick for sure. What will be disappointing is when FitzMagic goes on his 3-4 game hot streak and ruins our #1 pick threat, ala Matt Moore years ago.

After a nice night's rest, I am fully behind this deal because of the HAUL we received. HOU is getting laughed at in NFL circles for this deal. Sure they get Tunsil, but if he elects not to resign there, they gave up a ton for a two year rental.

Teams looking at Trent Williams now have to expect to have to give up a minimum of a 1st rd pick. I'm glad we set the market for trade value of OT and not followed it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast