Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LeSean McCoy Released

Bills released RB LeSean McCoy.

The Bills had stated numerous times all offseason they were committed to McCoy despite the obvious writing on the wall. McCoy, 31, was headed into the final year of his deal, and the move clears $6.425 million in cap space for Buffalo. It makes total sense after the signing of Frank Gore in the offseason and subsequent selection of Devin Singletary in the draft. This is a Gore-Singletary backfield now, skyrocketing Singletary up the fantasy ranks. McCoy should land on his feet, but he's obviously running out of gas and on the wrong side of 30. Perhaps the Bucs or Texans will make a call. McCoy spent the last four years in Buffalo, compiling an 885-3,814-25 rushing line with a pair of 1,000-yard campaigns.
    Rotoworld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bills are in win now mode. No being sentimental. Ballsy move by Beane and I love it.

They must have been trying to trade him. I am not sure how I feel about this. They also cut Duke Williams.

In retrospect, it makes sense now that Singletary barely played in the third preseason game - he got the starters treatment.

This tells me that they are fully committed to winning now. This wasn’t about money. This was about putting the best 53 players on the field. Good teams make these kinds of decisions. Playoff teams. I am 100% in on this move.

You have depth until you don't. I'd take shady over yeldon.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    You have depth until you don't. I'd take shady over yeldon.
    I wouldn’t. Yeldon is one of the most effective pass catching backs in the league. McCoy’s best days are behind him as much as it sucks to say. If McCoy were in his 2017 form, he’d surely still be on the roster, but I doubt we see that from him again. I’d much rather we find out what we have in Singletary now and if he isn’t the guy we’re hoping for him to be, there are plenty of names in next year’s draft that I really like. D’Andre Swift!

Duke Williams had to be a tough call. I thought he finished strong. The rest of the cuts I’m good with. The fans butt hurt over Wade being cut probably watched all two of his highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I wouldn’t. Yeldon is one of the most effective pass catching backs in the league. McCoy’s best days are behind him as much as it sucks to say. If McCoy were in his 2017 form, he’d surely still be on the roster, but I doubt we see that from him again. I’d much rather we find out what we have in Singletary now and if he isn’t the guy we’re hoping for him to be, there are plenty of names in next year’s draft that I really like. D’Andre Swift!

Duke Williams had to be a tough call. I thought he finished strong. The rest of the cuts I’m good with. The fans butt hurt over Wade being cut probably watched all two of his highlights.
    Any of these cuts practise squad eligible?

LB Deon Lacey ➡️ Dolphins
    WR Ray Ray McCloud ➡️ Panthers
    CB Ryan Lewis ➡️ Colts

Duke Williams has been signed to the practice squad.

A gutsy move would have been for the Bills to trade McCoy last year when this team would have gotten a Kings ransom for him. Now we will get to see what McCoy does in KC with Andy Reed for free.

I just hope the plan is to use Singletary as our number 1 and not Gore. At his age and being a couple seasons since his last rushing TD, don’t expect an offensive explosion with Gore our number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    A gutsy move would have been for the Bills to trade McCoy last year when this team would have gotten a Kings ransom for him. Now we will get to see what McCoy does in KC with Andy Reed for free.

I just hope the plan is to use Singletary as our number 1 and not Gore. At his age and being a couple seasons since his last rushing TD, don’t expect an offensive explosion with Gore our number 1.
    Duke Johnson was traded for a conditional 4th. Jordan Howard for a 6th. Nobody was paying a king’s ransom for McCoy. Even if he is productive in Andy Reid’s offense again, he wasn’t in the plans for the Bills.

A kings ransom would have been like a third. I don’t know why they didn’t trade him last year and why they waited to cut him this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember what I said last pre season? I said McCoy has a lot of stock coming off that season and the gutsy call would be trade him then. As I said to start the season last year, teams will stack the line and we will have zero running game, because we have no QB.

The time to trade McCoy was last off season. Instead we kept him on our team that barely competed, his stock dropped and if Bean had balls, he should have traded him then and not left to play on a team that had no QB, when our run game would never be able to rush.

I’m not a huge fan of McCoy but I bet he has an MVP season over there in KC. As for our team now, Yeldon was great as a third down back who can catch, but when Lamar Miller missed time, he didn’t give the team a boost in running. Gore faded more last year than McCoy did here, so we are left to pray that Singletary is the real deal. If our QB can’t throw, it will make their jobs ten times harder.

As for other moves, as I said last week, terrible decision to cut Duke. In the red zone, he proved all camp long and pre season, that the jump ball in the end zone, is a play nobody was able to cover him on. It isn’t a smart move to take away a WR, who can catch balls from a QB who struggles to throw on target. I don’t think people realize how undersized our WR are.

Despite what people here want to believe, this season is going to go down one of two ways. Bean and McDermott look like geniuses, or they will go down as the front office to disassemble a playoff team, then on the way to rebuild, they pass up many better options in the draft. From the two QBs, to even Zay Jones over Juju. They will hang from a losing season, especially if teams like Miami beat them and other teams look more competitive.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-02-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Remember what I said last pre season? I said McCoy has a lot of stock coming off that season and the gutsy call would be trade him then. As I said to start the season last year, teams will stack the line and we will have zero running game, because we have no QB.

The time to trade McCoy was last off season. Instead we kept him on our team that barely competed, his stock dropped and if Bean had balls, he should have traded him then and not left to play on a team that had no QB, when our run game would never be able to rush.

I’m not a huge fan of McCoy but I bet he has an MVP season over there in KC. As for our team now, Yeldon was great as a third down back who can catch, but when Lamar Miller missed time, he didn’t give the team a boost in running. Gore faded more last year than McCoy did here, so we are left to pray that Singletary is the real deal. If our QB can’t throw, it will make their jobs ten times harder.

As for other moves, as I said last week, terrible decision to cut Duke. In the red zone, he proved all camp long and pre season, that the jump ball in the end zone, is a play nobody was able to cover him on. It isn’t a smart move to take away a WR, who can catch balls from a QB who struggles to throw on target. I don’t think people realize how undersized our WR are.

Despite what people here want to believe, this season is going to go down one of two ways. Bean and McDermott look like geniuses, or they will go down as the front office to disassemble a playoff team, then on the way to rebuild, they pass up many better options in the draft. From the two QBs, to even Zay Jones over Juju. They will hang from a losing season, especially if teams like Miami beat them and other teams look more competitive.
    No. lol
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Reed already said, McCoy will receive the bulk of the load in KC. Which is all over the news, since he destroyed the hearts of a lot of fantasy football people, who took Williams in the first round. Now, its looking like their first round pick is on the losing end of a 60-40 split.

Plus, Williams wasn't that much of a lock to begin with, for you to not think McCoy takes over and does better than. Reed indicated prior to the trade, he may want Thompson to get half the work load. So since him and MCCoy have a lot of love for each, it wont take long for him to take over.

So who does everyone think will have more APY this year. Singletarry, Gore or McCoy. If I were to place a bet, I's bet McCoy has more APY then both Gore and Singeltarry combined. If Allen cant throw for over 200 per game, what we saw last year will continue this year.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-03-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast