Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Barry Jackson
    @flasportsbuzz
    ·
    1h
    OT Zach Sterup and LB Terrill Hanks, both cut this weekend, have joined Dolphins practice squad.

Barry Jackson
    @flasportsbuzz
    ·
    32m
    Veteran OT J'Marcus Webb (65 NFL starts) auditioned for Dolphins today, as
    @FieldYates
    noted, but hasn't been signed at this point. Three OTs now on roster. Of the 2 guards acquired via trade, Isidora said he hasn't played OT since one game at UM. Evan Boehm last played OT in HS.

The team claimed former GB LB James Crawford off waivers and cut DE Nate Orchard.

Man they really just accepted the tank this past week. I dont even know how you defend a move like this. I mean Orchard came in and was the best pass rusher this preseason. And now hes being cut to make a spot for a guy that had 9 tackles in 16 games last year.

It's one thing to gut the roster of old vets, but now you're cutting guys that worked hard and played well for you this camp. The whole point of this season is take low risk players and see if they have potential to stick. At this point you have very few of those guys left.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-03-2019 at 05:23 PM.

I think I read that Trent Harris was moved to LB from DE.

Barry Jackson calling Nate Orchard our best pass rusher was a good laugh being he had 4 sacks in preseason vs backups and 3rd-4th strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Barry Jackson calling Nate Orchard our best pass rusher was a good laugh being he had 4 sacks in preseason vs backups and 3rd-4th strings.
    Exactly. In preseason you have to look past the numbers and consider the level of competition. Preston Williams disappeared much of the time against 1's. Not saying there's no reason to be excited about him, but don't be surprised if he shows up big at times but cannot be as dominant as it appeared he was against the 2's. He may possibly need a little time like many new players.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 09-03-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Barry's been going a little crazy over the past few days, but I dont really understand this one. I mean the guy played well and you cant even find a spot for him on this roster?

Orchard was a low risk, high reward player. But maybe Flores' system is going to utilize more LBers and DBs' than DEs'? Thats the only thing I could think of, otherwise I'm just not seeing the reasoning of this move.

But we're loading up on a bunch of young guys looking to make themselves some money . . .should be an interesting defense this year (possibly still really, really bad though)

DE Jamiyus Pittman was signed to the practice squad and Gerald Willis ( he’s injured) was released from the practice squad.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-04-2019 at 02:05 PM.

For how "good" Vincent Taylor was he could only find work on a practice squad for the Bills...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yea I took the past few days and realized I was getting upset that we cut Nate ****ing Orchard and a backup DT.

Every team has young guys like this that light up the preseason. Sometimes these guys simply arent good enough and the guys making the decisions actually know what they're doing.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Van Ginkel to IR, Webb signed.

Jesse Davis signs 3 year 15 million dollar extension. 8.5 million guaranteed

Try him out at LT this year, see if he fits well on that side so you can use him when you get Tua.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, multiple Dolphins players contacted their agents after Sunday’s season-opening blowout loss and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere.*

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast