Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Raiders extend Center Rodney Hudson

does this open more space for our cap?

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    does this open more space for our cap?
    Not likely. Raiders had around 20M after the Marshall cut. This allows them to use a signing bonus this year to add more money this year and make the next years smaller.

Though with this signing they could open up cap if they wanted to. Lets say (dont actually see this happening just an example) they trade for Clowney they could give Hudson a slight signing bonus and fit Clowney under the cap easily.

Good move. Gives us some stability. Now all we have to do is surround him with some talent. Hopefully, the existing group does that.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Not likely. Raiders had around 20M after the Marshall cut. This allows them to use a signing bonus this year to add more money this year and make the next years smaller.

Though with this signing they could open up cap if they wanted to. Lets say (dont actually see this happening just an example) they trade for Clowney they could give Hudson a slight signing bonus and fit Clowney under the cap easily.
    thanks, so looks like it definitely helps to pay him now and save cap moving forward. He's been the rock of the Oline for years and deserves to get paid. good move.

Great move getting this guy extended. He's as solid as they come in the NFL....I'm sure Carr appreciates this as well!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do.
    ZdlR

Rodney Hudson stays healthy and produces this well the next four years, hes a HOF center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great move!

.wrong thread
    Last edited by HunterNRoss; 08-31-2019 at 06:38 PM.

I wonder what stork thinks of this signing? "Massively overpaid an aging player" is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    I wonder what stork thinks of this signing? "Massively overpaid an aging player" is my guess
    30-32 isnt that old for an OL, and we know the money wont affect his performance. Centers are important and weve never been good without a good one.

I have no huge issue with this.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Ya.... Center is one of the most important position that gets little credit. I like this signing.
    Dogdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Ya.... Center is one of the most important position that gets little credit. I like this signing.
    But you wanted us to cut Hudson after that national anthem thing in Washington...

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    But you wanted us to cut Hudson after that national anthem thing in Washington...

Hey...... Everyone makes mistakes. They sat to make a point and got their butts handed to them that night. They weren't prepared. He grew up and acts like a big boy now. All is forgotten.
    Dogdaddy

Being a hippocrate then telling someone to grow up.

-mature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast