Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Jalen Hurts is the real deal
    It makes one wonder when/if Lincoln Riley will make the jump to the NFL. Not to say Jalen is bad but what he did against Houston was fantastic, better than what I saw from him at Alabama. Riley had to have some effect, how much we may never really know but just in general the work he has done with Mayfield, Murray, and now seemingly Hurts makes me really want Lincoln here in Detroit.

Don't forget Holgersen has always had historically bad defenses with WVU, not saying Riley isn't the super genius QB guru, his track record is more than solid (obviously), but-- NEVERMIND THAT **** GIVE HURTS THE HEISMAN NOW! GIVE RILEY THE NEXT NFL JOB NOW! FORGET TANKING FOR STUD QB'S LET'S TANK FOR RILEY!

ok got that off my chest, but yeah

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Don't forget Holgersen has always had historically bad defenses with WVU, not saying Riley isn't the super genius QB guru, his track record is more than solid (obviously), but-- NEVERMIND THAT **** GIVE HURTS THE HEISMAN NOW! GIVE RILEY THE NEXT NFL JOB NOW! FORGET TANKING FOR STUD QB'S LET'S TANK FOR RILEY!

ok got that off my chest, but yeah
    This is true and the Big 12 as a whole will not do anyone any favors trying to evaluate QB's against strong defenses with how poor the defenses are. Texas might be the best test we have for that.

With that said I really am excited to see the #'s they put up on South Dakota this week (and UCLA the following week).

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    This is true and the Big 12 as a whole will not do anyone any favors trying to evaluate QB's against strong defenses with how poor the defenses are. Texas might be the best test we have for that.

With that said I really am excited to see the #'s they put up on South Dakota this week (and UCLA the following week).
    It'll be interesting to see how Kingsbury does with Murray, ironically against Detroit in week 1, to see how these wide open spread strategies work at the highest level.

The overreactions will be nuts no matter what, then someone will remind us Kingsbury wasn't great at the college level, but also was in the big12...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12