Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I never really got on the Sloter hype train. Playing well against 3rd stringers doesnít do much for me. Heís got some talent but heís now been cut by 2 different teams. Reports say heís struggled with the play book and hasnít practiced well. I donít like Mannion either but at least heís played in an NFL game before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mannion's experience is so small that I can't really even give him that leg up over Sloter. Maybe Sloter has some stuff to work on, but he balled out when it mattered. Not his fault he didn't get the opportunity to go against better competition. I love Zimmer but not happy that he never even got an opportunity to play with the 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I never really got on the Sloter hype train. Playing well against 3rd stringers doesnít do much for me. Heís got some talent but heís now been cut by 2 different teams. Reports say heís struggled with the play book and hasnít practiced well. I donít like Mannion either but at least heís played in an NFL game before.

What has Mannion done better?

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Mannion's experience is so small that I can't really even give him that leg up over Sloter. Maybe Sloter has some stuff to work on, but he balled out when it mattered. Not his fault he didn't get the opportunity to go against better competition. I love Zimmer but not happy that he never even got an opportunity to play with the 2's.
    Itís made me lose respect for Zimmer

We don't know how much pull Zimmer has in personnel decisions...at least on offense...it may not have directly been his call to keep Mannion

I can tell you this much, as a Pac 12 fan....if you watched Sean Mannion and Jake Browning in college, you felt one could be a good NFL QB and the other wouldn't make it.....and the one that would wasn't Mannion, despite his records
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I donít know how healthy he is, but what do you all think of Demaryious Thomas? He might make sense for the team because of Kubiak.

Jets claim Vedvik

Panthers claim Zylstra

Jake Browning, Aviante Collins, and Stacey Keely so far have been signed to the practice squad. Sloter has cleared waivers. Keely to the PS is kind of surprising to me.

Blasingame is another I'd like to see on our PS

and I hope they didn't really expect Vedvik to clear...no way that was happening
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

53 Man Roster News and Discussion

Kyle Sloter was released by the Broncos and Vikings. None of Mike McCoy, Pat Shurmur, Kevin Stefanski, or Gary Kubiak thought enough of him to even give him reps with the 2ís. Klint Kubiak was the QB coach in Denver and Minnesota and was part of cutting Sloter twice. Congrats to Sloter for beating up on 3rd stringers but what does it tell you about him if he couldnít beat out Mannion for the job in practice? They even gave Browning a big signing bonus as a UDFA. That should have been a hint to how the team views Sloter. The Sloter obsession just never made any sense to me. I think the guys in charge kinda have an idea what their doing. I mean no other team even put in a claim on Sloter. What does that tell you?

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Blasingame is another I'd like to see on our PS

and I hope they didn't really expect Vedvik to clear...no way that was happening
    I thought that Khari deserved a roster spot. Iíd be shocked if he clears waivers. I havenít heard anything on him yet so far.

Davion Davis and Cam Smith to practice squad.

No real big surprises I saw other than the release Indegibo. I thought he played solid the whole preseason but I get that we have some greta depth at Dline. Hercules was kind of a surprise, aside from being a fan favorite I didn't see all too much. (maybe I missed it)

I feel like they have to sign or trade for a WR in the next few days. 4 WR's is dangerously thin when the two aside from Diggs and Thielen are BISI Johnson (a late round rookie) who I hope explodes and Beebe who in my opinion is going to be a disappointment. Considering they haven't signed or put in a waiver claim I have to imagine they are either waiting for a few players they think they can get.

Kaare was a good attempt to upgrade the kicker but the kid didn't make the kicks everyone expected him to. Bringing in the competition clearly worked to improve Baily's focus and no reason to force it if he isn't performing.

Not gonna stew over who's gone tho. Season starts in 7 days and what's important is the coaches putting together a game plan for Julio and an offensive strategy.

Vikings signing Britton Colquitt

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas