Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I'm happy with the moves we've made. Colquitt is a definite upgrade and the reports of him being a good holder is refreshing to hear. Even Doctson is a good signing. He's been a bust but his best season (2017) is still more productive than Treadwell's entire career. Also, unlike Treadwell, Doctson has a few pretty strong physical traits. 41 inch vertical, 131 inch broad jump, and a 60 yard shuttle in 11.06 seconds. All in the 91 percentile or better. He's made a few plays in his career so far with his ability. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. Less pressure now that he's no longer the Redskins first round bust. I'm not expecting much but there is some upside here. A #3 who can jump out of the building and go deep is a nice fit in our current core.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm happy with the moves we've made. Colquitt is a definite upgrade and the reports of him being a good holder is refreshing to hear. Even Doctson is a good signing. He's been a bust but his best season (2017) is still more productive than Treadwell's entire career. Also, unlike Treadwell, Doctson has a few pretty strong physical traits. 41 inch vertical, 131 inch broad jump, and a 60 yard shuttle in 11.06 seconds. All in the 91 percentile or better. He's made a few plays in his career so far with his ability. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. Less pressure now that he's no longer the Redskins first round bust. I'm not expecting much but there is some upside here. A #3 who can jump out of the building and go deep is a nice fit in our current core.
    Iím pumped about the Doctson signing. Perfect fit for our 3rd receiver, heís got the size, speed and leaping ability to make plays down the field. Itís no surprise he had a decent season with cousins and then his numbers plummeted with Alex Smith. Smith takes no chances down the field and doesnít have the arm to throw him open. I can see him having a legit role on this team, and I know we originally wanted to draft him over Treadwell.

Brett Jones was cut to make room for Docston. I didnít see that one coming at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Brett Jones was cut to make room for Docston. I didnít see that one coming at all.
    wait, so now Elflein is the backup center?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    wait, so now Elflein is the backup center?
    I just checked the depth chart on the website and it doesnít have anyone listed. I would think Jones will be back on the team soon.

Josh Jones working out for the Vikings tomorrow. That wouldnít be a bad signing

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Josh Jones working out for the Vikings tomorrow. That wouldnít be a bad signing
    Just saw that. Iím for it. He tested well at the combine. Iím always for giving Zim good athletes for him to mold into contributors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Jones was a 2nd rd pick for a reason....I don't know what all that was
    Jones bombed out as a Packer for a reason....I don't know what all that was

It's kinda like Treadwell/Doctson....good athletes that seemed worthy of their draft spot, but maybe simply didn't land in the right spot the first time, but the 2nd might be fantastic
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456