Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Saw an article on Tigers pitching staff 2021

I forget where a read it but it was a couple days ago about what the Tigers starting rotation could look like in 2021. They had a staff of Manning, Maze, Skubal, Boyd, and Norris I believe. This could be a decent rotation but I think you are going to have Fulmer back at full speed by then and the same with Franklin Perez. I also think Boyd will get traded at some point, unless he can't keep up his start of the 2019 season and goes back to a mid 4.50 ERA guy and then gets shuffled into the bullpen or released due to salary arbitration issues. Either way, I don't see him in the rotation in 2021. I think Fulmer takes his place. Norris, I just can't trust health wise or consistency wise to allow him to be in a 2021 starting spot. I think he is going to be a bullpen guy in the end. I know he hasn't done outstanding when in that role but I think he could be very good in spurts out of the pen, especially if he regains his fastball speed. My prediction for the Rotation is as follows:

Manning
    Mize
    Skubal
    Fulmer
    Perez

There are so many others that could peak and get in the rotation over these guys: Turnbull, Funkhouser, Faedo, Burrows, Wentz, or the two I took out in Boyd/Norris. But I think all these guys end up in the pen or spot starters during injuries. This would make a very solid bullpen by the way. In the 80's/90's young starters would start in the pen and work their way into the rotation of get a chance in a rotation from a trade (which is another way some of these guys may not be in our rotation- the trade) There is also a chance some of the following could make big jumps and pass some of the guys listed, as our depth in pitching is outstanding right now:

Garrett Hill (Lakeland)
    Carlos Guzmnan (WM)
    Hugh Smith (WM)
    Wilkel Hernandez (WM)
    Chavez Fernander (Conn)
    Keider Mantero (Conn)

Some positives in what is dark, very dark, skies right now.

Tigers have an absurd amount of pitching in the minors. I can see a couple of them being traded for offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Tigers have an absurd amount of pitching in the minors. I can see a couple of them being traded for offense.
    we can only hope