Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Add one player

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    It's Reggie Miller every time. Swapping out TJ Warren is a no brainer. Reggie is the archetype the Pacers try to find every year. He was a nightmare to guard off ball and an assassin iso. And this team could definitely use a trash talker.

My non-HOF pick is likely Jeff Foster, bumping whoever ends up 6th man. The guy defined what it meant to play Pacers basketball far more than even Reggie, JO, Granger, etc. Today he would be the prototypical hustle big. He doesn't get nealy the recognition he deserves because a) he dealt with near constant injuries, and b) he didn't score or block shots, which in that era was the only way people knew to judge big men. I'd take Jeff Foster on any team.
    Jeff Foster was high motor when people expected players to be high motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Jeff Foster was high motor when people expected players to be high motor

lol how do you define high motor

Add one player

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    lol how do you define high motor
    The guy was physical and played 100% all the time. Every lose ball, every contested rebound, every screen and cut was hard.

I'd add Chris Paul and Elton Brand. Can get rid of Landry Shamet and Ivaca Zubac.

The guy was physical and played 100% all the time. Every lose ball, every contested rebound, every screen and cut was hard.

That **** is missing in today's game for sure.

Guys don't do that today?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iíll go first for my Sixers, and youíll see both additions are in the same vain. Our starting lineup is very solid, but the bench lacks.

So for HOF in player that I pick, Iím swapping Mike Scott with Allen Iverson. I know AI was never the most efficient player, but our starting lineup offers the flexibility to really move people around for who he subs for. As a 6th man off the bench, Iverson could offer quite a bit for us. Alternative pick: Mo Cheeks

For my non-HOF player, I picked someone still in the league. Again fixes out non-on ball scorer problem, Lou Williams. Sweet Lou coming back to us as a bench gunner is again a similar swap out to AI. Alternative pick: Andre Igoudala

In either case I thing the pick vaults us to a top 2 NBA team as it really takes care of our glaring weakness.
    we would literally be worse.... Id rather have mike scott because of what iverson would do to ben simmons/embiid. Sorry I like/enjoy ball movement and defense... We would def be better with iverson but id doubt we would ever win a championship.... iverson would **** ben simmons and joel embiids growth by quite a bit so yes it would help early on but 2 years from now it would kill us. Iverson is so overrated it isnt even funny

Prime Iggy would legit do more for our team and i hate iggy... I am not even taking any other play into account by the way... I am sure i could find better choices and fits with our team.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 08-31-2019 at 03:39 AM.

ē Option A: Sabonis on the Blazers at 25 in 1989-90 ó 23.3 points, 40.9 three-point %, 13.5 rebounds, 3.9 blocks, 1.9 assists and 1 steal in 33 minutes per game for Liga ACB. Prime Sabonis might be the best center in the NBA and perfectly compliments Lillard and McCollum.
    ē Option B: Drexler on the Blazers at 29 in 1991-92 ó 25 points, 6.7 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 1.8 steals and 33.7 three-point % in 36.2 minutes per game. He came in second for MVP shares that season and won two games against the Bulls in the finals. Play him at small forward, or trade McCollum for a bigger wing and slot Drexler at shooting guard.

Edit:
    ē My non HOF pick is Roy at 24 ó 22.6 points, 37.7 three-point %, 5.1 assists, 4.7 rebounds, 1.1 steals in 37.2 minutes per game. Trade McCollum for that bigger wing and put Roy with Lillard.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 08-31-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    we would literally be worse.... Id rather have mike scott because of what iverson would do to ben simmons/embiid. Sorry I like/enjoy ball movement and defense... We would def be better with iverson but id doubt we would ever win a championship.... iverson would **** ben simmons and joel embiids growth by quite a bit so yes it would help early on but 2 years from now it would kill us. Iverson is so overrated it isnt even funny
    Prime Iggy would legit do more for our team and i hate iggy... I am not even taking any other play into account by the way... I am sure i could find better choices and fits with our team.
    How about Erving at 25? Charles Barkley at 23?

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    yes and yes. Its legit a joke how overrated iverson is. I could probably find 6 plus guys better for this team by quite a bit... Iverson hurts us TBH ESP with Joel and Ben

Itís amazing how the public opinion has swung too far against AI.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Erving would be a good fit IMO because it allows us to swing Harris to his better fit of PF. I stayed away from Barkley because with the starters he would hurt spacing and off the bench he doesnít help our weakest spot (scoring from on ball).

Hence why I brought up AI as a 6th man.

Guys don't do that today?
    Not the same. They are all always aware of their next contract. The all-out-all-the-time guys are from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not the same. They are all always aware of their next contract. The all-out-all-the-time guys are from the past.
    I would argue that players, coaching staffs, offenses, defenses are smarter than they've ever been in the past. A lot of the zone schemes implemented in todays game would go over those "high motor" players heads. The smarter you play the less "all out all the time" you have to be.

I would argue that players, coaching staffs, offenses, defenses are smarter than they've ever been in the past. A lot of the zone schemes implemented in todays game would go over those "high motor" players heads. The smarter you play the less "all out all the time" you have to be.
    You like to argue

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast