Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76

Thread: Add one player

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,003
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Dream for Capela. The Harden/Dream pick and rolls would still be deadly, but it would also give Houston a legitimate post presence and allow them to run more high pick and rolls, further improving space for Harden to work outside the basket. Defensively, Hakeem would work wonderfully in the Rockets switch-happy defensive scheme. He's one of the few bigs in NBA history capable of still defending perimeter guys at an elite level.

    Also, adding Dream would do wonders for the Rockets playoff chances. If Harden is notorious for shrinking in the postseason, Hakeem was notorious for rising to the occasion.

    For my non-Hall of Famer, I might go with Otis Thorpe to give them a little more size at the 4 and get rid of Rivers or House (depending on whoever you think their No. 6 guy is). I could move Tucker back to his original spot at the 3. I also wouldn't mind a 3 and D guy like Battier, as they could use more defensive wings in their scheme who can space the floor.
    Robert Horry over THorpe no?

    Better shooter, he was a under-rated defender too. Thorpe was a better scorer though. But fit wise I like Horry next to what they have in the backcourt. Thorpe was more of a physical presence vs. Horry though. I think Horry fits nicer next to Capela.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,003
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    PG is certainly a better defender, but Reggie led a #1 rated offense when he WAS the offense. What he could do offensively was unreal, even by today's standards, and he did it in the 90s. In 2019 he'd be Curry-esque.

    PG could have been my non-HOF pick but I assume he's going to get in so I went with Foster.
    His off ball game was elite. Reggie one of the craftiest players offensively I ever watched. Wasn't the best ball handler but he found ways to score.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Dream for Capela. The Harden/Dream pick and rolls would still be deadly, but it would also give Houston a legitimate post presence and allow them to run more high pick and rolls, further improving space for Harden to work outside the basket. Defensively, Hakeem would work wonderfully in the Rockets switch-happy defensive scheme. He's one of the few bigs in NBA history capable of still defending perimeter guys at an elite level.

    Also, adding Dream would do wonders for the Rockets playoff chances. If Harden is notorious for shrinking in the postseason, Hakeem was notorious for rising to the occasion.

    For my non-Hall of Famer, I might go with Otis Thorpe to give them a little more size at the 4 and get rid of Rivers or House (depending on whoever you think their No. 6 guy is). I could move Tucker back to his original spot at the 3. I also wouldn't mind a 3 and D guy like Battier, as they could use more defensive wings in their scheme who can space the floor.
    That Harden/Dream combo would be basically unstoppable. Plus Hakeem is like exactly what you'd want out of a center these days. Man that would be a nice team. My only worry would be if one ball is enough for Harden/Westbrook/Hakeem. But all the easy baskets Hakeem would get on dumpoffs from both those guys is mouthwatering.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,003
    Clippers adding Cp3 would be big.

    Cp3, Beverly, KL, PG, Zubac

    Perimeter defense even more stiffling. Clipper half court offense in the playoffs would be filthy.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,184
    I'll take another stab at this:

    For another non HOF player if I had to add them to my Celtics I would add KG...at the PF position especially a prime Kevin Garnett and add him to a team of Kemba at the 1, Hayward at the 2, Tatum at the 3 and Kanter playing at the 5

    For a HOF player I would add Larry Bird and my starting 5 would consist of

    PG- Kemba Walker
    SG- Larry Bird
    SF- Jayson Tatum
    PF- Enes Kanter
    C- Tacko Fall

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    55,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'll take another stab at this:

    For another non HOF player if I had to add them to my Celtics I would add KG...at the PF position especially a prime Kevin Garnett and add him to a team of Kemba at the 1, Hayward at the 2, Tatum at the 3 and Kanter playing at the 5

    For a HOF player I would add Larry Bird and my starting 5 would consist of

    PG- Kemba Walker
    SG- Larry Bird
    SF- Jayson Tatum
    PF- Enes Kanter
    C- Tacko Fall
    You keep ignoring a very very logical pick.

    Walker
    Smart
    Hayward
    Tatum
    Russel

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'll take another stab at this:

    For another non HOF player if I had to add them to my Celtics I would add KG...at the PF position especially a prime Kevin Garnett and add him to a team of Kemba at the 1, Hayward at the 2, Tatum at the 3 and Kanter playing at the 5

    For a HOF player I would add Larry Bird and my starting 5 would consist of

    PG- Kemba Walker
    SG- Larry Bird
    SF- Jayson Tatum
    PF- Enes Kanter
    C- Tacko Fall
    Kanter/Fall front court???? Yikes. They'd get pick and rolled to death. I can't believe you'd replace Hayward instead of Fall? And I kinda doubt fall is in the top 6 of the rotation anyway.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,003
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Kanter/Fall front court???? Yikes. They'd get pick and rolled to death. I can't believe you'd replace Hayward instead of Fall? And I kinda doubt fall is in the top 6 of the rotation anyway.
    Fall would be lucky to even make the roster lol.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,144
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Kanter/Fall front court???? Yikes. They'd get pick and rolled to death. I can't believe you'd replace Hayward instead of Fall? And I kinda doubt fall is in the top 6 of the rotation anyway.
    Fall is definitly not in the 6th man rotation, and even if he was...kanter and fall together. Ew.



    I really think the only option for the C's in this scenario is Bird/russel HOF for Hayward. Non HOF KG for Hayward

    Kemba
    Smart
    Bird
    Tatum
    Kanter

    6th: Brown

    Kemba
    Smart
    Brown
    Tatum
    Russell

    6th: Kanter

    Non HOF

    Kemba
    Smart
    Tatum
    KG
    Kanter

    6th: Brown

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    29,599
    For the Blazers this is tough. The temptation would be to go with Drexler, but we already have CJ and Drexler's lack of range early on would be interesting to see how he'd fit. Walton is another great choice because of his defense and the injury to Nurkic, but I'm almost tempted to go with Sheed. He can space the floor, tough, can score, defend, and he fills a huge hole at PF.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,069
    For the Bulls.

    Insert Jordan. Lose White who I think is a top 6 rotation guy for us this year.

    Non HOF, since current players are eligible Jimmy Butler.

    Someone in the frontcourt would have to come off the bench or can go really small and have

    LaVine/Jordan/Butler/Porter/Markkanen

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Robert Horry over THorpe no?

    Better shooter, he was a under-rated defender too. Thorpe was a better scorer though. But fit wise I like Horry next to what they have in the backcourt. Thorpe was more of a physical presence vs. Horry though. I think Horry fits nicer next to Capela.
    Good call on Horry. He was actually the first guy I thought of, but for some reason, I thought he played fewer than four years in Houston so I immediately ruled him out. I always think of him as being a rookie in that 93-94 season, but it was actually Cassell who was the rookie that year. Both guys ended up getting dealt for Barkley three years later.

    I was kinda looking for a stretch 4, and Horry fits the mold perfectly. Thorpe was the better offensive player and rebounder without question, but I do kinda think he and Capela would occupy similar space on offense.


  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,874
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Well for the HOFer it would be a tough choice. I feel like Stockton replacing Conley (can't have him really replace anybody else because the team would be tiny) would be glorious. He and Gobert in the pick and roll would be amazing. He was an excellent offensive player and shooter who I think would fare even better in today's game on that side of the ball. If he gets open looks they are going down unlike what we've seen from Rubio the last few years. He'd be the unquestioned leader of the team and would make this team something to be reckoned with. I just like the fit better with Stockton.

    On the flip side I think that Malone over Jeff Green would be such a massive upgrade in talent compared to Stockton/Conley that it's very intriguing as well. He could shoot well enough to not totally clog the lane bit he wasn't what you'd call a stretch 4. But I think defensively he could play the backup C minutes just fine. But a starting lineup of Conley/Mitchell/Bojan/Malone/Gobert looks really good on paper.

    For the non-HOF player I'd go with AK-47 replacing Jeff Green. He was before his time. As a PF he could handle the ball, create for others and was a terror on defense. I feel like he could have similar impact to Draymond Green in today's game. He and Gobert would probably be the best defensive front court in the NBA and he'd really help against teams like the Clippers.
    As much as I hate Karl Malone, I think you almost have to go with him over Stockton. Swapping out Conley for Stockton would be an unquestionable upgrade, but you're swapping out a borderline All-Star caliber player and one of the team's 2-3 best players. But Green for Malone is such an upgrade, you almost have to do itófit and 3-point era be damned.


  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'll take another stab at this:

    For another non HOF player if I had to add them to my Celtics I would add KG...at the PF position especially a prime Kevin Garnett and add him to a team of Kemba at the 1, Hayward at the 2, Tatum at the 3 and Kanter playing at the 5

    For a HOF player I would add Larry Bird and my starting 5 would consist of

    PG- Kemba Walker
    SG- Larry Bird
    SF- Jayson Tatum
    PF- Enes Kanter
    C- Tacko Fall
    lol Tacko Fall...and Kanter at the 4? You're out of your mind man.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    As much as I hate Karl Malone, I think you almost have to go with him over Stockton. Swapping out Conley for Stockton would be an unquestionable upgrade, but you're swapping out a borderline All-Star caliber player and one of the team's 2-3 best players. But Green for Malone is such an upgrade, you almost have to do itófit and 3-point era be damned.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The talent difference is just massive. Quinn has made it work for years with Gobert/Favors and Malone>>>>>>>>>>Favors. The pick and roll options with Malone and Gobert would be pretty crazy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •