Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Children of US troops born overseas will no longer get automatic American citizenship

Children born to U.S. service members and government employees overseas will no longer be automatically considered citizens of the United States, according to policy alert issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on Wednesday.
    Source: https://taskandpurpose.com/military-...mpression=true

What is the constituency here? Also I will argue with anyone that this doesnít belong in the immigration thread. This is a topic all unto itself.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Source: https://taskandpurpose.com/military-...mpression=true

What is the constituency here? Also I will argue with anyone that this doesnít belong in the immigration thread. This is a topic all unto itself.
    I'd suggest people don't enlist

So McCain wouldnít have been eligible for the presidency. Wasnít he born in Panama?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is for them illegitimate kids all around the world that thousands of troops put their seed into.

MAGA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This is for them illegitimate kids all around the world that thousands of troops put their seed into.

MAGA!
    If you actually took the time to learn of the specifics of this, you'd likely know that this is already rule. But then again, I'm making assumptions here that you are willing to take the time to understand what you're posting about.

Yes the policy ruling and "clarification" came out because this is currently the rule...come on is this the best that can be mustered?
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Children of US troops born overseas will no longer get automatic American citizenship

Yes the policy ruling and "clarification" came out because this is currently the rule...come on is this the best that can be mustered?
    It is

And btw I just feel bad for them service men and women who have to do deal with extra ******** just so they can make their children US citizens.

They should have to deal with less ******** considering their sacrifice.
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 08-29-2019 at 12:18 AM.

It sounds terrible, but I suspect there is more to it than I'm going to take the time to dig into.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It sounds terrible, but I suspect there is more to it than I'm going to take the time to dig into.
    **** them troops. Amirite?

**** them troops. Amirite?
    That's standard behavior for all countries isn't it?

Why is this a defense in this country? What is the point of parroting how exceptional the US is if weíre just going to cower behind saying other countries do something a certain why?

So Iíll be honest, I donít know whether other countries do it this way or not. But what I know is we didnít before and we were right to handle things the way we used to and are wrong to change it.

Not really. Lots of countries really only have enough military to defend themselves.

America is one of few that takes young 20 year olds and makes them either kill random civilians, or die trying, to the point of getting our business contracts signed. By definition america probably ****s its troops harder than just about anyone.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Why is this a defense in this country? What is the point of parroting how exceptional the US is if weíre just going to cower behind saying other countries do something a certain why?

So Iíll be honest, I donít know whether other countries do it this way or not. But what I know is we didnít before and we were right to handle things the way we used to and are wrong to change it.
    So you say a sarcastic comment "**** the troops amirite?" and I join in and you get snippy with me for it?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Not really. Lots of countries really only have enough military to defend themselves.

America is one of few that takes young 20 year olds and makes them either kill random civilians, or die trying, to the point of getting our business contracts signed. By definition america probably ****s its troops harder than just about anyone.
    Do you have actual evidence that the US systematically forces 20 year olds to kill random civilians? I'm not saying it's never happened, but it's certainly happened for most countries that have waged war, and is usually not intentional when it comes to the US military

Do you have actual evidence that the US systematically forces 20 year olds to kill random civilians? I'm not saying it's never happened, but it's certainly happened for most countries that have waged war, and is usually not intentional when it comes to the US military
    Yes, we all saw it for ourselves, remember when we bombed Iraq and played it on tv like a tv show for everyone to see?

Those were not lone wolf strikes. Those were systematically planned out strikes. Usually lone wolfs dont have daisy cutters to burn
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast