Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Not sure why you would think that. He gave up the save sure, but it came off of a bloop hit. Those kind of hits are flukes, because they should be outs and the hitter lucks out. It's different if he's getting hit, but that's not what happened there.
    I would think that because Jansen has a habit of sucking balls this season with an ERA over 3.70 for a closer.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I would think that because Jansen has a habit of sucking balls this season with an ERA over 3.70 for a closer.
    Yeah, but he wasn't pitching poorly last night. It would make sense if he was pitching poorly. He's also still saved about 80% of his games (which isn't great), but still, the massive majority of the time we should expect him to save the game, because that's what happens most of the time.

Saddler and Kolarek have very quietly helped to stabilize the bullpen. We've had the best pen in the NL for about a month now.
    Yeah I was just thinking about this.. The braves spent a TON on upgrading their bullpen at the trade deadline and they have been trash, the dodgers got a couple ”nobodys” and they've been doing well. Funny how that works out, though I will say how they play in October is most important..

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yeah I was just thinking about this.. The braves spent a TON on upgrading their bullpen at the trade deadline and they have been trash, the dodgers got a couple ”nobodys” and they've been doing well. Funny how that works out, though I will say how they play in October is most important..
    Yeah, definitely will matter how they perform in the playoffs, but that's often how teams come up on reliable bullpen guys, like we did with Morrow in 2017. Both Saddler and Koralek have been very good since we acquired them so hopefully it continues. the playoffs are a lot different thought because the teams are better and the pressure is much higher than anything we've faced so far, especially because we have such a big lead.

Yeah, but he wasn't pitching poorly last night. It would make sense if he was pitching poorly. He's also still saved about 80% of his games (which isn't great), but still, the massive majority of the time we should expect him to save the game, because that's what happens most of the time.
    Lol, I told you that Jansen wasn't going to get any better with more work and he's not. Jansen has actually blown a few more games since then and he's still sporting the same high ERA. I'm not going to throw a party for the man and start licking his *** because he can go a game or two with blowing a save. If you believe that Jansen will be closing games in October then I will sell you Greenland.

Lol, I told you that Jansen wasn't going to get any better with more work and he's not. Jansen has actually blown a few more games since then and he's still sporting the same high ERA. I'm not going to throw a party for the man and start licking his *** because he can go a game or two with blowing a save. If you believe that Jansen will be closing games in October then I will sell you Greenland.
    I never said he was or wasn't going to be closing games in October...and his velocity actually has been noticeably up his last 2-3 games (not sure that will last though). However, I would prefer Kelly to become the closer or a closer by committee sort of situation, where Kelly, Urias, and Jansen switch off depending on the lineup and other factors, such as rest.

Lmao at the sneaky Donald Trump reference at the end there..

I think Dave Roberts ruined jansen tbh.. He over used the guy way too much and it's been showing. His velocity is going back up but he's starting to sacrifice location as a result. If he can get both back then maybe he will get back to somewhat of the guy that he was, but that's a big if.

Your baby can't do this

Speaking of Joe Kelly.. I saw a tweet of one of his 2 seam fastballs from the other day.. Wow... Thing had NASTY late movement and was hitting 98mph.. It looked like it was going to hit the batter but then at the very end it ran inside and touched the strike zone for a called strike. I mean, how do you hit that.. Game over.. Imma see if I can find that

Your baby can't do this

Speaking of Joe Kelly.. I saw a tweet of one of his 2 seam fastballs from the other day.. Wow... Thing had NASTY late movement and was hitting 98mph.. It looked like it was going to hit the batter but then at the very end it ran inside and touched the strike zone for a called strike. I mean, how do you hit that.. Game over.. Imma see if I can find that
    Yeah here it is, wasn't hard to find.. This pitch for real looks like a video game pitch with all that movement.. I'm starting to turn a complete 180 on how I feel about Joe kelly

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/st...089189377?s=21

Your baby can't do this

Yeah here it is, wasn't hard to find.. This pitch for real looks like a video game pitch with all that movement.. I'm starting to turn a complete 180 on how I feel about Joe kelly

Woah!!! That doesn't even look real. That's one of, if not the nastiest pitch I've ever seen. I'm not even sure you would get that on today's video games, it looks like something from a Super Nintendo game lol...that was insane!!

Woah!!! That doesn't even look real. That's one of, if not the nastiest pitch I've ever seen. I'm not even sure you would get that on today's video games, it looks like something from a Super Nintendo game lol...that was insane!!
    Llullz.. For real man.. That thing is nasty

Your baby can't do this

I'm convinced it's time for Kelly to be the closer after witnessing his 98mph cutter last night and watching it over and over again in slow-mo.

Did you get this video from Dodgers bleacher report? I was watching it there this am.

Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres

Did you get this video from Dodgers bleacher report? I was watching it there this am.
    That’s where I first saw it but got this video off Twitter. Might be a different original source for the video, idk. People are talking about it so it’s getting around

Your baby can't do this

Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres

I’ve mentioned this guy before but seems like the dodgers got a pretty good spec in the puig/kemp/wood trade, he keeps impressing. One of his weaknesses when he was drafted was lack of power and now look at him, sitting on 23 homeruns.. not great power but an improvement

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-prospec...eline-coverage
    Last edited by jaydubb; 08-29-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Your baby can't do this

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast