Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Fans are morons because our society is so developed that Darwinism isn't able to take place combined with the fact that less intelligent people are breeding more than intelligent people
    Social Darwinism is bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    What's the percentage of intelligent people having sex versus less intelligent people?
    Who knows but I've always felt like intelligent people seem to focus more on their own mental, physical, and financial health and seem to plan accordingly. Less intelligent people seem to care less about those things and are more likely pop out babies recklessly.

I am speaking solely about intelligent vs. less intelligent, and in no way, shape, or form hinting at social class or race.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    What's the percentage of intelligent people having sex versus less intelligent people?
    Probably close to the same I'd imagine... They're just smarter about it

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Social Darwinism is bogus.
    Yes. But there is a lot less stupid people dying. For example there was a huge issue of people dying in car accidents because they weren't wearing seatbelts. So they passed laws that made it illegal to do so.

Things like that is more of what I'm referring to. Governments pass laws to protect people from themselves.

Fans are morons because our society is so developed that Darwinism isn't able to take place combined with the fact that less intelligent people are breeding more than intelligent people
    I'm not sure about that. I think it's simpler -- more intelligent people are working a lot of hours at their fancy jobs, and they have less time for sports. That leaves boo-ers, battery throwers, and other assorted morons as fans, including season ticket holders.

Yes. But there is a lot less stupid people dying. For example there was a huge issue of people dying in car accidents because they weren't wearing seatbelts. So they passed laws that made it illegal to do so.

Things like that is more of what I'm referring to. Governments pass laws to protect people from themselves.
    I was referring to the idea that "less intelligent people are breeding more than intelligent people" is making people dumber. It has no bearing on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I'm not sure about that. I think it's simpler -- more intelligent people are working a lot of hours at their fancy jobs, and they have less time for sports. That leaves boo-ers, battery throwers, and other assorted morons as fans, including season ticket holders.
    NFL tickets are expensive so if fans are becoming dumber while ticket prices rise, and people with fancy jobs have no time for sports, that must mean stadiums are filling up with trust fund babies. Those indeed tend to be ignorant and overconfident. A bad combination.

Some fans just take this whole thing too sersiously. I know someone who felt personally gratified every time Luck struggled in a game and celebrated the retirement as some sort of perseverance event against everyone who disagreed with his evaluation of Luck. Weird, right?
    So you’ve heard of Skip Bayless...

I was referring to the idea that "less intelligent people are breeding more than intelligent people" is making people dumber. It has no bearing on reality.

NFL tickets are expensive so if fans are becoming dumber while ticket prices rise, and people with fancy jobs have no time for sports, that must mean stadiums are filling up with trust fund babies. Those indeed tend to be ignorant and overconfident. A bad combination.
    Not directly, but indirect factors apply that form a similar conclusion.

Uhhhhhhh...you guys are missing the obvious..what if it wasn't a fan who slashed Luck's tire....what if it was Luck who slashed his OWN tire just to create dissension among Colts fans for payback since they booed him....My God, Andrew Luck can be soo damn devious!

It's not a conspiracy theory...if you believe it

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Uhhhhhhh...you guys are missing the obvious..what if it wasn't a fan who slashed Luck's tire....what if it was Luck who slashed his OWN tire just to create dissension among Colts fans for payback since they booed him....My God, Andrew Luck can be soo damn devious!

It's not a conspiracy theory...if you believe it
    Then again, he's prob a bag boy at wal-mart if it wasn't for fans who made this game what it is. unfortunately there are fans who act awful, but lets remember without everyone supporting this game it would be nothing.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Then again, he's prob a bag boy at wal-mart if it wasn't for fans who made this game what it is. unfortunately there are fans who act awful, but lets remember without everyone supporting this game it would be nothing.
    Huh? You do know Luck graduated Cum Laude from Stanford with a degree in architecture. If it weren’t for football he would have likely gotten an academic scholarship anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Huh? You do know Luck graduated Cum Laude from Stanford with a degree in architecture. If it weren’t for football he would have likely gotten an academic scholarship anyways.
    Yes. Stanford is a brain school, and you have to be smart to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    My bad, he will be the cashier. lol just messin calm down.

Without football who knows if he even goes to college. Can't say for sure. Football/sports helps people reach incredible goals outside of that sport.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Yes. Stanford is a brain school, and you have to be smart to go there.
    Also play good football and get a full ride lol.

My comment had a bigger picture. I hate topics that start off saying fans are dumb. There is no football without fans, even the dumb ones. important we all understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Also play good football and get a full ride lol.

My comment had a bigger picture. I hate topics that start off saying fans are dumb. There is no football without fans, even the dumb ones. important we all understand that.
    It's pretty funny in Europe where most soccer fans hate the commercialization of the sport (regardless of their actual political views) but still want their team to succeed, which necessitates commercialization, and teams also make more money the more successful they are, because TV revenue isn't shared equally among all teams like in the NFL. (Other revenue isn't shared at all.)

Due to serious mismanagement my hometown soccer team got regulated three times to borderline semi-pro level, and now play in a much smaller stadium, which the fans love as it has a much better atmosphere, but they also root for the team to succeed and get promoted to the top leagues again, which is basically against their self-interest, because they would then have to attend the hated larger stadium again, with the small one not certified for top league play, and the team is also too indebted to pay the top players required to maintain a higher level of play without rich investors.

So deep down what the fans really want is for the team to win a lot of games but never get promoted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast