Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

WTH The Rock has been retired from Wrestling Since Aug 2nd

Ok so if you werenít aware and neither was I donít feel bad it turns out he had quietly retired from the WWE earlier in month. But like so many others donít be surprised if he comes back a few yrs from now for a match. Only reason Iím bringing this up now is because of something I saw on YouTube.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.men...ng-retirement/

He's been pretty busy lately becoming one of the biggest action movie stars on the planet, but Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson still has close ties to the world of wrestling. However, in a recent interview on Live With Kelly & Ryan, when asked whether he ever misses wrestling, Johnson announced that he has officially retired from the WWE ó at the very least, as a competitor.

"I miss wrestling, I love wrestling," Johnson said, before revealing: "I quietly retired from wrestling because I was lucky enough to have just a really wonderful career and accomplish what I wanted to accomplish."

He added that he still misses the rush of a live wrestling event, saying: "thereís nothing like a live crowd, a live audience, a live microphone, as you both know."

"Plus, I grew up in wrestling," he continued. "For a lot of you guys that donít know, my grandfather wrestled, my dad as well, my whole family." Johnson's grandfather was High Chief Peter Maivia, a Samoan-American wrestler who was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, and who was the "best of friends" with French wrestler and actor Andrť the Giant.

Johnson went on to say that he believes his experiences in the WWE helped him become the man he is now, and also contributed to the success he is now enjoying in his career. "I actually had my very first match ever in the WWE in Madison Square Garden and it was a big pay-per-view, and it was funny because I credit my time and my journey in pro wrestling to getting me to where I am at today," he said.

While he won't be competing in the ring anymore, WWE fans can rest assured that Johnson will all but certainly still be making appearances at events: he's rumored to be involved with the first edition of SmackDown, which will air on FOX in October.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Not really anything new. He canít wrestle. Heís not retired as much as he just isnít allowed to. If anything were to ever change he would wrestle. But heís the top paid actor in Hollywood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Not really anything new. He canít wrestle. Heís not retired as much as he just isnít allowed to. If anything were to ever change he would wrestle. But heís the top paid actor in Hollywood.

I thought he retired yrs ago full time.

Wait so are you surprised that heís been retired for a while and no one knew or that he wasnít retired a few years ago?

Wait so are you surprised that heís been retired for a while and no one knew or that he wasnít retired a few years ago?

I just assumed he was retired already but still under contract to make guest appearances.

WTH The Rock has been retired from Wrestling Since Aug 2nd

Thatís pretty much what heís been doing since his last real match

He has been retired since his second match against Cena. After he had to have surgery after that match and delay filming of Hercules, you knew he wasn't ever going to wrestle again. These big budget movies will never allow it after that happened.

after the hobbs and shaw box office bomb he will be back to wwe to promote his upcoming movies.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    after the hobbs and shaw box office bomb he will be back to wwe to promote his upcoming movies.
    It was a bomb? It has grossed $600 million so far and didn't quite hit the domestic opening weekend expectations but it's not a bomb. It did well internationally as well. It's going to gross more than Fast Five did.
    Last edited by Driven; 08-28-2019 at 02:29 PM.

If the Rock isn't at the premier of Smackdown on Fox, then I don't know what they're doing. I'm not expecting him to have a match or anything, but he absolutely has to be there. He literally put the Smackdown in Smackdown!
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If the Rock isn't at the premier of Smackdown on Fox, then I don't know what they're doing. I'm not expecting him to have a match or anything, but he absolutely has to be there. He literally put the Smackdown in Smackdown!
    I don't think thats on WWE. Am sure they've made multiple overtures and he's been too busy or turned them down. He should have been at the 25th anniversary of Raw as well.

He'll probably pre-tape a message or something which is sad but the WWE needs the Rock more than he needs them obviously.

As for the Rock retiring, its like Kiss or the Rolling Stones going on their farewell tours since the 1990s. We'll see the Rock in a ring one day again imo. It won't be soon but he's in fantastic shape regardless of him being 47 years old and he won't be the most popular movie star in the world forever.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-28-2019 at 04:02 PM.

It was a bomb? It has grossed $600 million so far and didn't quite hit the domestic opening weekend expectations but it's not a bomb. It did well internationally as well. It's going to gross more than Fast Five did.
    it was expected and projected to go over 1 bill... It cost 200 mill to make... movies need to make double the production cost just to break even... It made a profit but nowhere close to the expectations on top of how insanely they ran with this in terms of promoting... 450 was most likely the break even... they made 590 so far... its a bomb if you were expecting 1 bill plus because of the recent movies and expecting to ride high off of them... even if you want to take away from the fact that they still made money its still a massive ****ing disappointment.

Fast Five didnt have the backing this franchise has had recently nor did it have a 200 million cost... Anyway you slice it with how high fast and furious is riding world wide and how big the rock is suppose to be they **** the bed here and it sucks because i thought the movie was very good and hilarious but there is 0 chance they continue forward with any fast and the furious that doesnt involve the original crew.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 08-30-2019 at 04:41 AM.

Where did you see they were expecting/projecting that movie to make over a billion? I find that very hard to believe. Sure the movie company might have hoped that it would have. It's definitely made less than it was projected, but I really doubt the projections were over a billion. That's pretty high.
    Last edited by Dmac; 08-31-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Theyíre still pulling in money. Probably end up doing like $750 mil