Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins cut SS TJ McDonald

Wut.

No idea why outside of just too many people at the position. TJ was looking like he was going to have a role as a S/LB in the defense too. But no matter what you would have been stuck with someone sitting on the bench. Even in the multi DB packages you'd still have Bobby at high safety, someone up close and then someone covering. TJ and Reshad cant be asking to play high or cover at this point.

This also comes along the news that Reshad was told by the team that they wont trade him this year.

The move creates 4.5mil in dead space and saves 1.2mil.

Obviously isnt a situation where we need cap space for a trade of Clowney. It could simply be that the team just wanted to move on but why have him play so much with the 1st team D.

This also shows that the team is willing to cut the vets if they want to even if it doesnt make cap sense. Kiko and Allen need to practice well this week or they could be next.

I am shocked! I thought he did good for us. And can play S/LB. Younger and cheaper than Reshad. Could have taken SS full time next year when Reshad got the axe. Figured TJ could have at least gotten a draft pick back

TJ McDonald is just an ok player, so not a huge loss and we did have a gult of guys at S. He would not of seen alot of playing time as it is.

You think we will kick the tires on former Packers Safety Josh Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    I'd be ok with it for sure. Young player with a connection with Graham. And even though we had a lot of names at safety, I don't like the depth now. Minkah's going to be forced to play SS if Reshad goes down since Aikens is the only one left. So might as well get someone with a bit more talent and possibly a replacement for Reshad next year.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    I would love to bring him in for a one year try-out. TJ was a versatile player for us . . . doesn't mean he was a world beater by any means. but the cut is surprising as injuries have derailed both RJ and TJ seasons in the past. Like someone said, if RJ goes down, we have no true SS.

Flores said at the end of the day it just wasnt a fit for the team. TJ was a good player and good teammate but just wasnt a fit. He also said it wasnt anything sudden.

Still feels strange. I understand it but the timing is just weird.