Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    And fans will immediately cheer on the next person behind center. He doesnít owe them anything.
    Except they won't, and lots of fans are asking for a refund of their season tickets due to the deception in the QB bait and switch.

It's like getting Beatles tickets and right before the concert they switch it to Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band.

bUt RiNgO iS a BeAtLe ToO!
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It got *leaked* during the game, yes.

Surprising that nobody is calling that out as the ****** move that it is.

Probably came from someone in the Colts organization.
    People wouldn't have bought season tickets if they admitted back in March that he was retiring.
    First 4 years:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Classy. Well done.
    Perhaps they should have taken the $24M back and divided it across season ticket holders who were baited and switched. That would have been actually classy.
    First 4 years:

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    If wasting a year of your QBs prime to save 10M and be awful for a year is your plan, you might be owned by Jim Irsay.
    Right, the retirement is wasting the year, not the fact that he's injured and out for the season.
    First 4 years:

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Perhaps they should have taken the $24M back and divided it across season ticket holders who were baited and switched. That would have been actually classy.
    I was unaware that nobody ever bought season tickets in Indy prior to Luck. Weird.

Tickets would have sold regardless, such an ignorant group of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Are there definitive reports that he doesnít love the game anymore? For all you know this couldíve been the hardest decision in his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it was the hardest decision of his life, but let's be real here, Luck has been a golden boy from birth. Rich family, athletic family, extraordinarily gifted and probably been trained to be an NFL QB since he was old enough to walk. I highly doubt Luck has had many tough decisions in his life.

If he thinks his body is breaking and he has lost his passion for the sport, it's not a hard decision to quit. He's got 100M in the bank and an architecture degree, it's not like he's going to struggle or feel like he has no purpose away from football.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm sure it was the hardest decision of his life, but let's be real here, Luck has been a golden boy from birth. Rich family, athletic family, extraordinarily gifted and probably been trained to be an NFL QB since he was old enough to walk. I highly doubt Luck has had many tough decisions in his life.

If he thinks his body is breaking and he has lost his passion for the sport, it's not a hard decision to quit. He's got 100M in the bank and an architecture degree, it's not like he's going to struggle or feel like he has no purpose away from football.
    I donít disagree that these could all be possibilities but we donít know what his passion level is for football. He could be a dude that would give up everything to be able to stay and play (obviously I donít think anyone would play for free). If the dude just left and there was no injuries, I could see his passion for the game being questioned but this is a lot different. I just donít think itís fair to question his passion when the dudes been injured left and right. Donít care how strong or well off you are, stuff like this can take a severe toll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

People wouldn't have bought season tickets if they admitted back in March that he was retiring.
    Wouldn't be a PSD thread without Bullseyed brewing up some extra spicy takes.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Wouldn't be a PSD thread without Bullseyed brewing up some extra spicy takes.
    He wants to be Skip Bayless so bad lol

and likely against league rules, given there are cap implications, etc....

then you mention them 'admitting' it earlier? firstly, an admission infers guilt, of which there is none and secondly, nobody including Andrew KNEW earlier....so there's that....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    He wants to be Skip Bayless so bad lol
    That reminds me of the promos for the new sitcom "Mixed-ish" that ABC shows every nine seconds, where the little girl says "I want to be an idiot so bad!" Since Bayless is an idiot, it's almost the same quote.

So according to a recent article that is on the front of PSD, the reason Andrew Luck's retirement came so late and was so abrupt is because of the owner, who told him to delay his retirement in order to try to convince him to stay.

If that is the case, it's the Colts owner's fault that their season ticket holders are pissed, and that they are left without options at QB; not Luck's.

I feel bad for Luck honestly especially having to retire early

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122